TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ok it took all the will power I could find

But I pulled myself away from watching The Dark Knight and took some quick pics to share with everyone and my photo bucket took for ever because for some reason it would only let me download one pic at a time, please excuse my cord management I haven't got to that yet its been a busy day . But I figure its the least I can do to show my thanks is post some pics . I tried taking one pic of the display picture without a flash setting so I wouldnt get the flashback on the screen but it didnt do it justice because in person its soooo much better and detailed. Anyway heres some of my thankyou pics:) for helping me pick this beautiful display just for you guys :) As you can see my cat loves it to lol

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the pics TF and congrats on your new TV. :) :) :)

BTW: Man, that SVS-PB-13 is a "BEAST" !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It makes the 65V10 look like a 42" Plasma. :D :D :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Thanks for the pics TF and congrats on your new TV. :) :) :)

BTW: Man, that SVS-PB-13 is a "BEAST" !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It makes the 65V10 look like a 42" Plasma. :D :D :D

YW and Thanks Bruzzi , ya the pb13 looks small in the pic to it looks bigger in person :eek: lol

TheFactor

TheFactor

lol :D One thing for sure you were wright im still up and going strong . I think i've logged about 9 hours already today on the display. I've tryed your recommended settings and they look great, thanks again . I've been going back to standard also just for reference but keep going back to THX or Custom.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Wait until you have about 100 hours on that thing. If you think the picture looks good now, wait until then!

TheFactor

TheFactor

Your still up!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
I guess we both have an excuse to be up :D
Yes lol I actualy just got up to get a drink of water and take another peak to see if I was dreaming :p :D

C

clouso

Banned
Wait until you have about 100 hours on that thing. If you think the picture looks good now, wait until then!
i also noticed that my 54g10 looks better now that it have over 1000hrs!...i know that with time a plasma will dim but now it looks just better..:D

TheFactor

TheFactor

i also noticed that my 54g10 looks better now that it have over 1000hrs!...i know that with time a plasma will dim but now it looks just better..:D
Sweet thats good to know because im totaly happy and then some just out of the box pq .

TheFactor

TheFactor

Weres the best place to get a longer ac power cord around 12 to 14 ft that can plug into my display like the original 6ft cord ? Im running a Rocketfish powerstrip now from my pioneer elite power conditioner to my display power cord but I dont like doing that seems kind of cheesy so figure maybe I can get a longer power cord im hoping.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok another quick question it says in my owners manual to avoid movies and such with black bars for long periods of time but it doesn't say how long I also noticed that most of my blu-ray are wide screen so you have the black boarders on the top and bottom so that has me concerned also a lot of cable channels have there emblems always in a corner of the screen like animal planet and so on. So is this threw the 100 hour break in so you dont get burn in or for the life of the plasma ? Im finding myself changing channels when I dont want to change the screen and same goes for blu-rays . Im really enjoying the performance of this display but changing channels and blu-rays has me concerned and annoying . Whats the safe time frame that you can have black boarders and or program emblems on the screen for ? im playing it safe now and changing every 20 minutes or so but its kind of annoying. I mean I always knew about burn in but.... Thanks guys in advance :)

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Ok another quick question it says in my owners manual to avoid movies and such with black bars for long periods of time but it doesn't say how long I also noticed that most of my blu-ray are wide screen so you have the black boarders on the top and bottom so that has me concerned also a lot of cable channels have there emblems always in a corner of the screen like animal planet and so on. So is this threw the 100 hour break in so you dont get burn in or for the life of the plasma ? Im finding myself changing channels when I dont want to change the screen and same goes for blu-rays . Im really enjoying the performance of this display but changing channels and blu-rays has me concerned and annoying . Whats the safe time frame that you can have black boarders and or program emblems on the screen for ? im playing it safe now and changing every 20 minutes or so but its kind of annoying. I mean I always knew about burn in but.... Thanks guys in advance :)
If you are using the settings I gave you (or near them). DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT :cool: Its all good. Basically you do not want to leave a static image up on the screen for 8 hrs straight. No worries and have a cocktail for me, I am back at work again :mad:

TheFactor

TheFactor

If you are using the settings I gave you (or near them). DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT :cool: Its all good. Basically you do not want to leave a static image up on the screen for 8 hrs straight. No worries and have a cocktail for me, I am back at work again :mad:
Yes I am using your settings on both custom and THX :D Cool I love this display and now even more :p:D I was just a little worried :eek: Dang you have to pull another all nighter .... ughhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry man :( Oh will a beer do I don't normally drink so a cocktail might do me in and I might go past the 8 hour limit:eek: Oh never mind my work week starts first thing in the morning I better not ;) Hey Thanks again Gov for the info I think I might watch The Haunted and get to bed so I can get ready to start my work week to . Its been a very eventful weekend to say the least but a very joyfull one for sure.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Hey again, TheFactor. If using THX, I also wouldn't worry about burn in. My brother's entry panny had nothing at all about preventing burn in inside the manual, when I perused it, and that was last year's model.

I noticed your query in the amps subforum. If you find from your research that you really don't need to add an amp, and you got money burning a hole in your wallet, I would do acoustic treatments.

I note that the new pics look like a completely different orientation than the pics in your sig, and maybe it's a different room entirely. You could definitely treat the front wall, and I can't see the side or rear walls, but perhaps they would make for candidates. Of course, there's the ceiling too.

Question: Is it possible, or is there enough space on top of the AV stand, where the TV can be pushed back some, so that the center speaker can sit in front of the TV? I don't know how much taller the speaker might be than the bezel of the plasma, if at all, but if you can make it work out, even if doing something to raise the TV height slightly, it will sound better. I am assuming the IR sensor on the TV is on the extreme side of the unit, and not smack dab in the middle like with some Samsungs. Even if it was, you can get around it with a RF/IR emitter.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Hey again, TheFactor. If using THX, I also wouldn't worry about burn in. My brother's entry panny had nothing at all about preventing burn in inside the manual, when I perused it, and that was last year's model.

I noticed your query in the amps subforum. If you find from your research that you really don't need to add an amp, and you got money burning a hole in your wallet, I would do acoustic treatments.

I note that the new pics look like a completely different orientation than the pics in your sig, and maybe it's a different room entirely. You could definitely treat the front wall, and I can't see the side or rear walls, but perhaps they would make for candidates. Of course, there's the ceiling too.

Question: Is it possible, or is there enough space on top of the AV stand, where the TV can be pushed back some, so that the center speaker can sit in front of the TV? I don't know how much taller the speaker might be than the bezel of the plasma, if at all, but if you can make it work out, even if doing something to raise the TV height slightly, it will sound better. I am assuming the IR sensor on the TV is on the extreme side of the unit, and not smack dab in the middle like with some Samsungs. Even if it was, you can get around it with a RF/IR emitter.
Hi Josten , I saw the part about image burn in under warnings in my manual , I always knew about it but after reading I was more concerned but I guess it was a false alarm as long I dont abuse the guidelines which I wont and I've been mostly using THX to . Also including with my display as a package deal was a calibration after a 100 hours so I imagine the way i've been going around 3 weeks i'll be ready so hopefully that will help also with any burn in issues . Yes you are correct I just haven't updated my sig photos and it is a different room/house . I've been also wanting that emo amp for a while and my research is getting different results its almost like bi-amping some people swear by it others say theres no difference so who knows. I do like that amp though but im not sure if i'll get it yet but my pockets are getting hot j/k :p As far as acoustic treatments I think i'll wait until I settle down and buy my own house im not sure about how you secure them to wall I would imaging like pictures and to me thre not very pleasant to look at 'MOST OF THEM ANYWAY" So I guess its a trade off or comprimise but I do have a Auralex acoustic magazine I've been reading a while but never followed threw with anything I think it was put in the package when I bought my GreatGrammas. Your very wright about raising the height of my center channel because just raising it it the 6 or 7 inches with the new stand made a night and day difference but unfortunately the optioned you've mentioned wouldnt work theres not enough room on the top of the stand for the center channel and the display is pretty far back already plus its a very narrow stand width wise and tall so it would ne really top heavy with that center channel on there along with the display. Im not exactly sure but I think that center channel is 80 or 90 pounds I forget buts heavy and the speaker would cover much of the screen on the top because its a short display stand only raising it 4 or 5 inches off the top . So whats your oppinion the Emotiva amp xpa-3 amp ? ;) Also thanks as always for all your help :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
So whats your oppinion the Emotiva amp xpa-3 amp ? ;)
I dunno. Mebbe. How loud does it get in there? How far do you sit? Do you have links to measurements on your speakers?

I still vote for treatments. I know you don't care for the looks, but I'm just reiterating my opinion.

Also thanks as always for all your help :)
You're welcome.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis