Which speaker company do you think has the biggest "fan boys"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Dynaco

Dynaco FM-5 and Dynaco ST-70 the absolute best stereo equipment for the price.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Where is the beef ?

:p
Definately BOSE!
Owners are such fan boys that they don't know what they are missing. :eek:
Bose is well marketed and average, Coby, Multimedia and Uniden is just really, really cheap and poor!

This is a really interesting thread, I have learned more about the true character of many members from this thread is a short time than in reading though many,many posts on other threads. and i found out xxxxx is such a jerk and that yyyyy is so full of it!

As Wendy's advertisement said "Show Me the Beef"; all you all are showing me are empty buns ... true FAT-BOYs that you are!

It is also funny to see the malapropism between Economics 101 and Marketing 101.

Speaker marketing is almost as bad as car marketing; the real FAT-BOYS. This year's new car is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone has to get the new, improved features. Next year, last year's model is old stuff and the new model has even more new, improved features.

I'll bet most of you are Ford and Chevy folks, even though the labor unions have cause American products to be expensive and sucky! What a bunch of Lemmings! :p

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja

Bose is well marketed and average, Coby, Multimedia and Uniden is just really, really cheap and poor!
Bose is not "average". Their stuff is also cheap and poor like Coby, merely priced as if it were better!:eek:

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
However, you said you were financially strapped at the time. Speakers are luxury goods, man. Don't skip out on eating or get your water shut off just because a good deal comes along. Good deals are everywhere. Be patient and save until you're ready to really invest!
Excellent piece of advice, as I always say: We are experts at guiding people into the right path to bankruptcy.

Last edited:
G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
I didn't buy them for a few reasons, money, transporting them would be difficult, and I don't want to power them with the Teac or Insignia. I would want to get a decent receiver at least to power them, the Insignia/Sherwood doesn't have a lot of headroom to work with.
Transportation might have been a problem depending on location, or what car you drive.

But, the receiver reason don't fly with me. See, at least you have a receiver to play them; nothing to brag about, but a receiver. You could have saved and when the time was right start looking for a receiver, something in the line of a Marantz SR-4001 or Onkyo TX-805 (more power) or a clean HK. The can all be found refurb at very good prices that won't break the bank. Obviously priorities are first, but it would have been fairly easy to save for one of the mentioned receivers.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic

This is a really interesting thread, I have learned more about the true character of many members from this thread is a short time than in reading though many,many posts on other threads. and i found out xxxxx is such a jerk and that yyyyy is so full of it!

As Wendy's advertisement said "Show Me the Beef"; all you all are showing me are empty buns ... true FAT-BOYs that you are!

It is also funny to see the malapropism between Economics 101 and Marketing 101.

Speaker marketing is almost as bad as car marketing; the real FAT-BOYS. This year's new car is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone has to get the new, improved features. Next year, last year's model is old stuff and the new model has even more new, improved features.

I'll bet most of you are Ford and Chevy folks, even though the labor unions have cause American products to be expensive and sucky! What a bunch of Lemmings! :p
I guess it takes all kinds of people to make the world go around, this guy just kind off proves it.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja

Labor unions do not design the cars at Ford and Chevy. If their cars are "sucky", it is a management issue, not a labor one.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Depends on definition of "cheap", "average" and "expensive"

Bose is not "average". Their stuff is also cheap and poor like Coby, merely priced as if it were better!:eek:
While I am not a fan of Bose now, I have have had a lot of their products i nthe past and 901s at the time were pretty awesome sounding.

Also their wave radio, which I still have, is a very good radio.

Now, I don't know what you personally have and really don't care but I am not sure what your qualifications are to make a judgement of "cheap" , "average", "expensive" but I am willing to listen.

I guess I was a Bose Fat-boy, at one time since I have had about every number that Bose makes. The Def Techs I have now are much better, but I still stand by my statement that the Bose was "average". Oh course Mr. Joe if your listening level is up a Wilson Audio or even just Paradigm Signatures or just Revel Ultima Saloon then just about everything else is cheap. But then when your tell your driver in your Maybach 62S the Bose in the car is "cheap" his feelings might be hurt. The $426,000 Maybach 62 has the following:Bose(R) AM/FM Radio With 600-Watts, Dolby(R) Surround Sound, Speed Sensitive Volume and 21 Speakers Total; CD Player; 6-Disc CD Changer; Sirius(R) Satellite Radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Hey furrycute and others, do you think the AV rockets 1000s are just hype or are they really pretty good speakers?
As with all things, it depends on your application, budget, and expectations. But i must be a paid fanboy since they are Internet Direct and I actually own a pair. ;)

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
It's always been my philosophy that if one wants pretty furniture, then go to a furniture store and buy REAL furniture. And if one wants good speakers, then you buy speakers from a REAL speaker manufacturer.
I don't understand the logic (or lack thereof) correlating the method sold or way it's advertised with the quality of the product. It's like saying Toyota must make terrible cars because you don't like the commercials or the salesman. Or worse, recommending against buying a toyota because the salesman was pushy or the guy down the street that owns one annoys you, but pretending it's because it's not a "real" car company implying it's somehow an inferior product.

It's a great country, you can choose speakers however you want and spend your money as sensibly or foolishly as you want. Please don't ever recommend a speaker to me though (even if I'm asking for recommendations).

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
But then when your tell your driver in your Maybach 62S the Bose in the car is "cheap" his feelings might be hurt. The $426,000 Maybach 62 has the following:Bose(R) AM/FM Radio With 600-Watts, Dolby(R) Surround Sound, Speed Sensitive Volume and 21 Speakers Total; CD Player; 6-Disc CD Changer; Sirius(R) Satellite Radio.
Who needs to spend on a Maybach when the Hyundai Genesis in the mid $40K range will have the Lexicon audio system featuring LOGIC 7 technology. The Lexicon surround sound audio system includes a 12-channel digital amplifier, and 17 speakers producing more than 500 watts of sound in 7.1 discrete audio. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Unbelievable. Rockets are ok and that's it. Sorry fanboys to bust your bubbles but they're not even really High end gear. Sorry again.
I'm coming into this late, but who ever said Rockets where "high-end" gear?

IMO Rockets represent excellent sound quality, vs. price. IMO one of the best values, bang for buck in audio.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Holy moses the Fan Boy (whatever that is) extraordinaire! To what do we owe his eminence's kind attention.:D

Did you sell every car on the lot and am waiting for more to come in?:confused:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Now, I don't know what you personally have and really don't care but I am not sure what your qualifications are to make a judgement of "cheap" , "average", "expensive" but I am willing to listen.
Although I have a really nice system, that is irrelevant here. Even someone with an above average HTiB (Onkyo, eg.) can tell you that Bose totally sucks.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
what a political waffle answer

Although I have a really nice system, that is irrelevant here. Even someone with an above average HTiB (Onkyo, eg.) can tell you that Bose totally sucks.
What a political waffle answer, if you are not a politician you should become one. I really like the technical term "totally sucks" sounds like a craftsman shop-vac. By the way Onkyo has some low end AVRs that maybe you can afford now. But remember they are using older power technology and tend to run hot.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I really like the technical term "totally sucks" sounds like a craftsman shop-vac.
So do Blose speakers, so it is an appropriate term.
A Coby HTiB would sound better than Bose, and you would only be out $100 instead of $2000.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Cambridge Audio

Cambridge Audio the only speaker line worse than Bose or Coby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis