Which speaker company do you think has the biggest "fan boys"

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Every company has them, which one(s) do you think is the worst?

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I like Aperion Audio

I started out with a pair of $600.00 632 LR Bookshelves, then traded up to the $1000.00 a pair 633 LR Towers. Then added two 422 centers, and a pair of 532 LR rears.

Now I wait...FedEx is slipping up, but my Bravus 12D sub is on its way, to replace my VTF-3 HO Turbo. I don't expect the Bravus to have the deep bass of the Hsu, but perhaps tighter bass, as music is my big thing. Any system that sounds good with MUSIC should do fine for home theater.

There, I'm an Aperion Audio fanboy :cool:

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
From what I've seen, I'd say it's a toss up between Axiom and Paradigm.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem.;)

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
Seems to come and go but AV123s name is being dropped a lot lately.

Cheers,
Axiom Fanboy:p

P

Penny

Banned
Without a doubt Onix aka Rockets aka AV123 aka Perpetual Technologies aka Oh you get the point. I really like MLS and love his business model but the guys over there are total lemmings. Christ, if Schifter told his followers the sky was falling I have no doubt they'd all run for cover.

OttoMatic

OttoMatic

Senior Audioholic
Bose and DefTech, no question in my mind.

And I know this is a speaker thread, but how 'bout that Emotiva? Seems like that's all I hear for amp recommendations...

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
Fanboy defined by me: Blind faith; Faith based on very few experiences or 2nd hand knowledge; Ownership passion &/or self-consciousness towards a company/manufacturer to the point of recommending their products with ill regard towards real world issues, price point, results, & without regard for application. Fanboys often get angry or upset if someone disagrees or has something negative to say about their fanboy idol of affection, especially if the person disagreeing has real world experience to back them up.

Any of the ID brands seem to be all over the web with fanboys. Hmmmm, I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that the internet's the primary place they market?

- SVS zealots are particularly preachy. Wasn't SVS the company who planted "members" in the forums who's sole job was to recommend and drop SVS's name into every thread?

- AV123 also get a ridiculous amount of people who (often times blindly) recommend everything they make.

Of the more traditional brands Sony used to be a big one, but not so much any more.

- Wasn't there a tribe of JBL homers that used to parade around on here not too long ago? Did they finally get to go out and actually demo the Northridge sets at BB? Could explain their disappearance.

- This one pains me on a personal level because I'm a dealer: JLAudio has a lot of fanboys.

- Since Onkyo went entry level, they have a lot of fanboys because they put good quality within reach.

- Stewart has fanboys that can run rampant.

- Triad is rediculous with fanboys. Guarantee you that an overwhelming majoraty of people recommending Triad haven't heard their entry level & mid level speakers. Guarantee it!

- The closed back in-wall has an incredible number of fanboys that have no concept as to what they're talking about whether it be good or bad.

- 1080p has a lot of fanboys.

- The Emotiva crowd cracks me up as well.

And finaly, the Deftech fanboy. Awwwww, Deftech people. If they only knew they’re essentially hyped up about some bass heavy Polks. Maybe then they would man up, go out and buy some real speakers. Seriously, EVERY thread?***

***This is totally a joke and is meant as a fun dig at the guys on here that love Deftech so much. I like their posts because they somehow rationalize how the big, black Deftech box is perfect for every application. They are passionate to say the least, and I like it (in this case)!

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I've been led to believe that only product lines that actually make something of very good quality or value will attract fanboys. It's inevitable, logical. Also, these brands have sold a LOT, and so we will see more bad apples because there is simply a larger population being represented. This all being said, the two worst, in order, are not speaker companies:

- PS3 owners
- SVS owners

AV123 gets honorable mention.

It must be said that I don't own any of the above, but have recommended these brands to others countless times.

InTheIndustry, you know I have not really run into many Triad fanboys. But Im sure you are much more aware of the CI world than I.

Me? Im a fanboy of nearly everything. :p

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Depends how you define fanboy I guess. Everyone feels some amount of pride-of-ownership.

People who buy from ID companies take a greater risk in making their purchase hence maybe there is greater pride-of-ownership??

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Depends how you define fanboy I guess. Everyone feels some amount of pride-of-ownership.

People who buy from ID companies take a greater risk in making their purchase hence maybe there is greater pride-of-ownership??
Fredk, I think you bring up an excellent point! I think AV123 is the perfect example of this because ordering products from them take substantially longer then expected on average and the way the way the company uses ETA which can be very inaccurate at times (expected time of arrival) which builds anticipation and hence a greater prider-of-ownership and hype once received. Even though the major shipping delays cost MLS lots of money the fanboys their make up for it in free advertising and bringing in a lot of new potential customers to buy their products.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'm waiting for Codexp3 and Furrycute to post.

SheepStar

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Without a doubt Onix aka Rockets aka AV123 aka Perpetual Technologies aka Oh you get the point. I really like MLS and love his business model but the guys over there are total lemmings. Christ, if Schifter told his followers the sky was falling I have no doubt they'd all run for cover.
That might be a slight exaggeration. I do think he has done some great things with the company though. I auditioned several speakers and was never as impressed with the performance and cosmetics as I have been with the Rockets. :D

codexp3

codexp3

Audioholic
I'm waiting for Codexp3 and Furrycute to post.

SheepStar
I'm an admitted Paradigm and JL audio fanboy, and I cannot deny it! It seems to me companies that sell direct to their customers and avoid the speaker boutiques have the most passionate following on the forums. I agree with the earlier sentiment that several of these companies have scouts that post the praises of their products on the various discussion forums (you can’t blame them it is excellent marketing). If I had the room and the money I’d probably own 4 or 5 high dollar systems. I’m hoping to move the paradigms to the living room next year and put some Saloon2s in the theater room.

P

Penny

Banned
That might be a slight exaggeration. I do think he has done some great things with the company though. I auditioned several speakers and was never as impressed with the performance and cosmetics as I have been with the Rockets. :D
Here we go. Unbelievable. Dude, if you want me to post links to one of MLS's posts on his board and see the 50-60 page threads that occur within 24 hours that have to be closed, I'll be happy to do so.

Unbelievable. Rockets are ok and that's it. Sorry fanboys to bust your bubbles but they're not even really High end gear. Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis