What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
Supertramp had some excellent albums and very well recorded. Sound good on CD or streaming. I have 2 different copies of Crime of the Century including the 1st Edition released on CD and it sounds great.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I've got a Mobil Fidelity of Crime of the Century vinyl that I got in the late '70's or early '80's. I don't expect that I played it more than once. In those days I would make a copy on cassette and play the cassette until it was time to make a new cassette.

Most of my vinyls after around 1978 were only played once.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I bought a Roku Streaming Stick, 4k version with TV control with volume and a voice remote for a song.

roku-streaming-stick-4k.jpg

Earlier I bought an "Express" non-4K version cheap, but the remote lacked those features. The reason I bought them, other than I like to play around with technical toys, was that one of my Brothers was considering cancelling Satellite TV at our Family Cabin on Paul Lake here in BC, as the provider was making noises of a very substantial cost increase. We have seasonal internet at the Cabin, so I was looking at this as a cheap option for when I'm there.

Long story made short, my Brother cut a new 2 year deal at a little less than his current package costs; so the alternative solution isn't going to be needed for the main TV there. But there is a 32 inch Toshiba in the "Penthouse" (that's what I call the 2nd floor suite we had built over a decade ago) that we think the drywaller (sheet rock installer for our US members) ran a screw into the cable going to the suite as we can't get the Satellite feed to work there. My Mom stays in the suite when she's there, so I'm going to try the Roku up there when I go there next week to "winterize" the place.

I've got both Rokus working (easy) along with Netflix, Crave, Disney+, TSN, Prime, etc., (all the Channels /Apps we pay extra for on our Cable / Internet package at home). I'll probably put Apple TV on it if my Mom wants her subscription on it, as I don't have it.

I'm blown away how well these Roku streamers work, and the immense amount of channels you can get for free. I'll have to use Apple Airplay to watch some NHL Hockey, as the Roku doesn't have a Sportsnet Channel App. The ability to use Airplay was one of the reasons I went with Roku. No wonder folks are cutting the Cable / Satellite TV cord these days.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
Hopefully you live in an area with lots of local OTA signals available. I hear folks often combine an Antenna with a Roku (or other Streamer) and it works well for them. Good Luck with your cable cutting!
That what I did. We were paying for multiple streaming services and paying way too much for cable so I bought digital antennas for each TV and use the fire stick too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis