Assassination attempt on Trump

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Golf is a fickle game, one day its not bad, the next its scary and oh so true about the health. Knees, hips, backs, elbows, shoulders, wrist, hands neck and even feet. The game can sure mess up a healthy in shape person. We have a couple of super seniors both ( early 80's) had both hips and both knees replaced and still are so good and steady for their age. Its amazing and also encouraging that golf can be played well into your golden years.
I think Golf needs a name change. Seventeen holes of crap and "I HATE THIS GAME!" and one great shot on the 18th comes with "I LOVE THIS GAME- I WANT TO PLAY EVERY DAY!". Let's call it 'Human Nature'. Or, BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again).

I used to have days where I could drive well, but something else would go away, as if I had never played before.

My crowning achievement- on a course where I played frequently and usually shot 80-85, I fired up a round of 85, with 46 putts. Go ahead and laugh about that- I do. Reaching the greens was clearly not my problem- I couldn't reliably make an 18" straight putt. That problem took awhile to cure- turns out, I was standing over my putts for far too long and was second-guessing my aim, so I would 'correct' just before the head met the ball. The other cause was due to bad course management- reaching the greens in the lowest number of shots usually meant that I was left with ridiculously long first putts and after seeing Tom Watson talking about his scores improving by leaving it short and going up & down, I decided to do the same and it made a big difference.

I went to California for Christmas in 2004 and took my clubs- we played at a nice course in my aunt's retirement community. She was involved with someone who had played on the Cal golf team when he was in college and he played basically the same way then as he had when he was young- don't worry about killing the ball, hit it down the middle, take a par. Some of us were doing the 'Grip it & rip it' all over the course and there was Dan, right down the middle, on in regulation or one over on long holes. This guy was about 5'-6" and a bit round- he probably topped out around 170 yards but he scored very well. He said it made his college opponents crazy.

I played for the second time a couple of weeks ago since killing my knee three years ago. I played last September and was OK with the score because for me, actually playing was more important. This time, with no practice, no touching my clubs since last year, no glove or spikes and no warmup/stretching, I hit my first drive dead straight down the middle, lipped out my first putt for par. Second drive- straight down the middle. It took five holes to miss a fairway. I have absolutely no idea how far I hit most clubs and wasted 8 shots on bad short chip shots, but still shot 52 with 16 putts. My short game has always been very good, but I would bet that if I practice around the green, I'll be back in the low-mid 40s again. My swing is in no way 'normal' or as powerful as it was, but I have found a way to get decent distance and my direction was definitely better than I would have expected.

IMO- more older golfers need to stretch on a regular basis, with or without golfing. Even a young person shouldn't go from zero to slamming a driver without it. Knees, ankles, back, shoulders, wrists- everything needs to be flexible. Also, balance is a big problem for older people and part of my rehab after the knee involved a lot of leg raises in all directions- those help the glutes, flexors, quads, etc and just walking improves- it would certainly help in golfing.

highfigh

highfigh

In addition to the Director's silly quote in the link, the lack of police over in that area. Also as mentioned the sniper was looking further outward. Where the shooter was laying the roof was pitched away, and wearing tan might have concealed him somewhat. Although the question of Cooks being up close to the entrance or whatever I dunno if that's been confirmed or not. Be interesting to know what side of the building he climbed up in terms of visibility. Overall still a complete screw up.
Some of the reports I watched had him looking through a range finder (like the kind golfers use), looking at the stage from outside of the gate. Apparently, the SS were notified and he walked away, rather than going in because of the little issue with being searched. He then went to the building and climbed onto the HVAC to reach the roof. Video has been shown on the news of him moving on the roof and the SS knew 20 minutes before he fired. The local police are refusing to take the blame, which I can understand- local PD is NEVER in charge when the Secret Service or other Federal LEO are in town for any major political event involving POTUS, past or present or anyone who might be a polarizing figure. That place should have been crawling with SS, but they couldn't even delay until the reports of a shooter could be verified.

He was clearly visible- tan cargo pants, but a light gray shirt- he didn't blend into the background.

SS screwed the pooch. The director saying they didn't go up because the roof was sloped is a load of crap- SHE may not want to go up there but it was barely pitched- someone wrote that the pitch was 2:12, I have worked on my roof, which is 12:12- the officers train for that stuff and should be able to run at a full gallop on a roof like that.

Let the conspiracies begin! Diversity hires! Diversity hires!- Go team!

Let's hire the best and brightest for these agencies and stop trying to meet quotas when lives are at risk. The family's loss is on Cheatle's head and she's refusing to step down.

highfigh

highfigh

But wait, there's more!

And this is form Fox, but they're not the only ones with this info, I just don't want to search for a source that will prevent people dumping on me for my terrible choice.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I think Golf needs a name change. Seventeen holes of crap and "I HATE THIS GAME!" and one great shot on the 18th comes with "I LOVE THIS GAME- I WANT TO PLAY EVERY DAY!". Let's call it 'Human Nature'. Or, BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again).

I used to have days where I could drive well, but something else would go away, as if I had never played before.

My crowning achievement- on a course where I played frequently and usually shot 80-85, I fired up a round of 85, with 46 putts. Go ahead and laugh about that- I do. Reaching the greens was clearly not my problem- I couldn't reliably make an 18" straight putt. That problem took awhile to cure- turns out, I was standing over my putts for far too long and was second-guessing my aim, so I would 'correct' just before the head met the ball. The other cause was due to bad course management- reaching the greens in the lowest number of shots usually meant that I was left with ridiculously long first putts and after seeing Tom Watson talking about his scores improving by leaving it short and going up & down, I decided to do the same and it made a big difference.

I went to California for Christmas in 2004 and took my clubs- we played at a nice course in my aunt's retirement community. She was involved with someone who had played on the Cal golf team when he was in college and he played basically the same way then as he had when he was young- don't worry about killing the ball, hit it down the middle, take a par. Some of us were doing the 'Grip it & rip it' all over the course and there was Dan, right down the middle, on in regulation or one over on long holes. This guy was about 5'-6" and a bit round- he probably topped out around 170 yards but he scored very well. He said it made his college opponents crazy.

I played for the second time a couple of weeks ago since killing my knee three years ago. I played last September and was OK with the score because for me, actually playing was more important. This time, with no practice, no touching my clubs since last year, no glove or spikes and no warmup/stretching, I hit my first drive dead straight down the middle, lipped out my first putt for par. Second drive- straight down the middle. It took five holes to miss a fairway. I have absolutely no idea how far I hit most clubs and wasted 8 shots on bad short chip shots, but still shot 52 with 16 putts. My short game has always been very good, but I would bet that if I practice around the green, I'll be back in the low-mid 40s again. My swing is in no way 'normal' or as powerful as it was, but I have found a way to get decent distance and my direction was definitely better than I would have expected.

IMO- more older golfers need to stretch on a regular basis, with or without golfing. Even a young person shouldn't go from zero to slamming a driver without it. Knees, ankles, back, shoulders, wrists- everything needs to be flexible. Also, balance is a big problem for older people and part of my rehab after the knee involved a lot of leg raises in all directions- those help the glutes, flexors, quads, etc and just walking improves- it would certainly help in golfing.
It so darn humid ( high dew point and temps down here at the moment,) you go out, play, in the mornings I'm soaked by the 5th hole, head to toes and we just walk off the course at the turn. So we started playing nine, in the late afternoon while we dodge the daily seabreeze storms.

You nailed it right here : stretch

YA got to stretch at any age, and its not just to play golf, Get out of bed and stretch.

Oh something really fun to do if one is near you or your on vacation. PopStroke which feature two 18-hole putting courses built entirely with synthetic turf, incorporating fairways, bunkers, and rough. Its so cool to play. A lot different than putt putt golf.. We took my 6 year old grandson to one in Fort Myers Fl, who is really into golf, loves to putt.

We need to move our sports talk to the "SPORTS Thread"

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It so darn humid ( high dew point and temps down here at the moment,) you go out, play, in the mornings I'm soaked by the 5th hole, head to toes and we just walk off the course at the turn. So we started playing nine, in the late afternoon while we dodge the daily seabreeze storms.

YA got to stretch at any age, and its not just to play golf, Get out of bed and stretch.

Oh something really fun to do if one is near you or your on vacation. PopStroke which feature two 18-hole putting courses built entirely with synthetic turf, incorporating fairways, bunkers, and rough. Its so cool to play. A lot different than putt putt golf.. We took my 6 year old grandson to one in Fort Myers Fl, who is really into golf, loves to putt.

You made me think years back while touring the Scottish countryside we stopped into St Andrews and I played '18' on the Himalaya course......

Ok, now back to Trump assassination discussion ..........

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is really bad. Congressional hearings Monday are going to be ugly

highfigh

highfigh

OK, let's stay on topic- I pulled a muscle voting.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
this is turning into a first class cluster 'F' !!! I wonder how many heads will roll ??
I’m guessing zero. If the Democrats had a brain they would crucify the Secret Service. Really dumb move waiting for Congress, that’ll hurt them

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I’m guessing zero. If the Democrats had a brain they would crucify the Secret Service. Really dumb move waiting for Congress, that’ll hurt them
Right now the Dems are trying to figure out the Biden / Harris mess. They thought for sure they had Trumpy all knotted up, you see how well that work out so far. The Democrats party right now is a Cluster 'F' of it's OWN MAKING, no doubt about it !

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Right now the Dems are trying to figure out the Biden / Harris mess. They thought for sure they had Trumpy all knotted up, you see how well that work out so far. The Democrats party right now is a Cluster 'F' of it's OWN MAKING, no doubt about it !
The mess is people supporting and enabling Trump/Vance. ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The mess is people supporting and enabling Trump/Vance. ;)
Talking about Vance, heard that a California tech billionaire caused him to be placed there. Wonder how much that cost.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
As it stands today, no matter who wins we lose. I think that would make a great bumper sticker.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Talking about Vance, heard that a California tech billionaire caused him to be placed there. Wonder how much that cost.
Vance soul, I gather. As bad as Trump is, Vance is worse: intelligent, educated, self-disciplined but still a morally hollow shell.

I saw on CNN or MSNBC a YouTube interview with David Frum that owned a now defunct website that Vance wrote articles for under a pseudonym for a long time. Frum is more than a little disappointed. I’ll see if I can look up that recent clip.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis