Assassination attempt on Trump

Matt34

Matt34

Speaking of clowns. Here's a little summary of the "Pepsi girl":
Before 3 years at PepsiCo, she spent 27 years in Secret Service. But, to your other point - Is she in the end responsible for failure - yes, but was she the one in charge of directly all of the minutiae, I'm sure not. She's the head of the entire organization. Someone else oversaw the operation details and all the prep work.
Should she do public interviews and defend herself - probably not.
I've worked with the SS a few times over the years as they would request military working dog teams to help clear routes, venues and vehicle access points. They always had a lead agent (or two) that was in charge of that specific event. Won't get into details but they always had an advance team a few days before scouting the area and making contacts with facilitators and third-party organizations. From what I've seen of this ordeal, this was huge oversight, and that Lead probably won't be one much longer

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a video that time synchronizes numerous videos of the shooting. The thing that stands out is how long the shooter was visible on the roof before the shooting started.

I tend to agree with guy who posted the video:

>>>While conspiracy theories are already swirling, as many more will likely arise through the coming years, this incident appears to have been the result of a single issue: incompetence.<<<

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've worked with the SS a few times over the years as they would request military working dog teams to help clear routes, venues and vehicle access points. They always had a lead agent (or two) that was in charge of that specific event. Won't get into details but they always had an advance team a few days before scouting the area and making contacts with facilitators and third-party organizations. From what I've seen of this ordeal, this was huge oversight, and that Lead probably won't be one much longer
This is exactly how it worked when Kamala came on-site at our company. They cleared and inspected the buildings the weekend before, then they were on site leading up to her speech. Our site has only 3 ways in and is otherwise fenced in. They reduced that to one access point with TONS of security there; you had to show your confirmation and ID to enter. The majority of the team we encountered though, the suits at least, were mostly young; maybe early 30s. Not entirely confidence inspiring.

This kid was untrained and managed to be unnoticed / undetected as a threat. This incident was an almost fully open area though. Massive incompetence. That building was literally the most obvious location for a shooter.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This kid was untrained and managed to be unnoticed / undetected as a threat. . . .
I agree with your main point, but the shooter apparently didn't go completely unnoticed before the shooting:

>>>Law enforcement sources also told CBS that he was reported by a bystander and identified as a suspicious person by police, but that officers lost track of him before the shooting began.<<<

>>>Rallygoers alerted local police of a suspicious person near the magnetometer area, two senior officials said. They tried to search for the suspicious person, believed to be Crooks, but could not find him in the crowd, the officials said.

Two municipal officers also tried to approach Crooks shortly before he opened fire, according to two senior officials. It is unclear where that took place.<<<

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I agree with your main point, but the shooter apparently didn't go completely unnoticed before the shooting:

>>>Law enforcement sources also told CBS that he was reported by a bystander and identified as a suspicious person by police, but that officers lost track of him before the shooting began.<<<

>>>Rallygoers alerted local police of a suspicious person near the magnetometer area, two senior officials said. They tried to search for the suspicious person, believed to be Crooks, but could not find him in the crowd, the officials said.

Two municipal officers also tried to approach Crooks shortly before he opened fire, according to two senior officials. It is unclear where that took place.<<<

He was noticed by bystanders, who were not going to engage an armed person. There was a news report that multiple people called the police to report him. From that time synched video there are roughly 2-3 full minutes while he got into position that nobody did anything. He was not particularly stealthy.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
He was noticed by bystanders, who were not going to engage an armed person. There was a news report that multiple people called the police to report him. From that time synched video there are roughly 2-3 full minutes while he got into position that nobody did anything.
Not completely true, note my post (#1975) in the 'On Trump' thread. This was confirmed by law enforcement in our local news this evening.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just had an epiphany and everyone stopped me if you think I’m wrong. Everyone is distracted, talking about the numerous possible failures of the Secret Service and law-enforcement. It has now come to light that they were aware of the threat for several minutes.

Why the F didn’t they secure Trump a minute or two before shooting started? I mean if your job is to protect someone then why don’t you get them to safety before trying to figure out exactly what the threat might be? Almost feels like a distraction that everyone is talking about all the failures without considering the fact that just getting Trump off the stage and into an armored vehicle should have been job number one worrying about the threat is secondary to actually protecting the person you’re there to protect. I sincerely apologize for bringing common sense into the conversation.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Inner perimeter SS
Outer perimeter SS and local
Beyond that local police (ie where shooter was)

Radio communication to SS sniper for green light.

T

TankTop5

I just noticed something else and it’s probably nothing but none of the Secret Service agents had a radio earpiece. I’ve never seen that before.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I just noticed something else and it’s probably nothing but none of the Secret Service agents had a radio earpiece. I’ve never seen that before.
They're all teensy-weensy now.

The earpieces, not the SS agents.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This is exactly how it worked when Kamala came on-site at our company. They cleared and inspected the buildings the weekend before, then they were on site leading up to her speech. Our site has only 3 ways in and is otherwise fenced in. They reduced that to one access point with TONS of security there; you had to show your confirmation and ID to enter. The majority of the team we encountered though, the suits at least, were mostly young; maybe early 30s. Not entirely confidence inspiring.

This kid was untrained and managed to be unnoticed / undetected as a threat. This incident was an almost fully open area though. Massive incompetence. That building was literally the most obvious location for a shooter.
But a 30-something can have a MS in Criminal Science or other degree that's needed and at 33, might have 8 years in active law enforcement if they graduated at 25. As I posted, the local LEO may not have experience with having the muzzle facing them and falling off of the building shows a reaction that isn't what I would expect from someone with experience. I know someone who quit the MKE PD after being fired upon three times in one week- decided that being there for his wife & kids was important. I know another former cop (retired) who engaged a would-be convenience store robber who wanted everyone's money. This time, the cop was off-duty and when the other guy fired, Wayne was hit six times, but hit the other guy twice. Wayne is fine, but he also got the robber to go outside, to prevent others being injured. He also had a wife & son at the time.

T

TankTop5

They're all teensy-weensy now.

The earpieces, not the SS agents.
LOL, they aren’t that small and you can easily see them. Tactical earpieces are rugged, there’s no need for the clearly visible agents to hide it. Even Countryman wish skin tone matching wires are easily seen but they aren’t appropriate for tactical use.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, they aren’t that small and you can easily see them. Tactical earpieces are rugged, there’s no need for the clearly visible agents to hide it. Even Countryman wish skin tone matching wires are easily seen but they aren’t appropriate for tactical use.
I was joking. I saw pics of the agents surrounding Trump with earpieces in.

highfigh

highfigh

He wasn't completely untrained, but he also wasn't accepted on the high school shooting team. He was a member at a local gun range and told his dad that he wanted to use the rifle, that morning- it was owned by, and legally purchased, by his dad. He is also said to have bought about 50 rounds of ammunition on that day or the day before.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
He wasn't completely untrained, but he also wasn't accepted on the high school shooting team. He was a member at a local gun range and told his dad that he wanted to use the rifle, that morning- it was owned by, and legally purchased, by his dad. He is also said to have bought about 50 rounds of ammunition on that day or the day before.
Not professionally trained, only range time with his dad it would seem. That is not necessarily enough to become proficient and given that he did not make the team, it would seem he was not. The rifle was bought by his dad 10 years earlier/ legally. I saw that about him purchasing ammo.

highfigh

highfigh

Not professionally trained, only range time with his dad it would seem. That is not necessarily enough to become proficient and given that he did not make the team, it would seem he was not. The rifle was bought by his dad 10 years earlier/ legally. I saw that about him purchasing ammo.
I would think that a shooting team would train at a range.

T

TankTop5

SS director said it was too dangerous to put a sniper on that roof because it’s sloped. I’m a roofing contractor, that is a 2/12 slope and almost flat. This is the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Also agents were inside the building yet they sent barny fife up the ladder to investigate instead.

Nope! This lady needs to get fired yesterday

Matt34

Matt34

I saw it was roughly 135m shot. That is less than half the distance a new Army recruit is required to accurately hit after two weeks of basic rifle marksmanship using iron-sights and a Vietnam era M16. I think anyone that has a few hours under professional instruction could take my AR pistol with a short 12" barrel, 3x optics and shoot a shot group the size of a human head at 300m all day long.

Missing just to the side like he did was probably due to bad basic fundamentals as too aggressive on the trigger squeeze (pull).

The former president needs to go buy a lottery ticket.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw it was roughly 135m shot. That is less than half the distance a new Army recruit is required to accurately hit after two weeks of basic rifle marksmanship using iron-sights and a Vietnam era M16. I think anyone that has a few hours under professional instruction could take my AR pistol with a short 12" barrel, 3x optics and shoot a shot group the size of a human head at 300m all day long.

Missing just to the side like he did was probably due to bad basic fundamentals as too aggressive on the trigger squeeze (pull).

The former president needs to go by a lottery ticket.
I heard 165m was the initial report. I can hit squirrels with a .17HMR at that range no problem, and they are smaller than someone's combover. Could have any number of things, including the rifle itself being dialed in, and even wind since it was wide open, no trees. The kid is not a sniper though, would likely not have known those things and not compensated, also not smooth on the trigger. He did get REALLY close though.

Definitely Trump should buy a few lotto tickets. He should not have been shaking his fist at anything; he should be thanking whatever god he hasn't offended that he's still here.

I would think that a shooting team would train at a range.
The article mentioned he wasn't even close to making the team.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis