M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It's fair to say this is not a well-reasoned legal theory:

>>Former President Trump’s legal team suggested Tuesday that even a president directing SEAL Team Six to kill a political opponent would be an action barred from prosecution given a former executive’s broad immunity to criminal prosecution.

The hypothetical was presented to Trump attorney John Sauer who answered with a “qualified yes” that a former president would be immune from prosecution on that matter or even on selling pardons. <<<

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4398223-trump-team-argues-assassination-of-rivals-is-covered-by-presidential-immunity/

If nothing else, Trump will succeed in creating a great deal of legal precedent refuting such garbage.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It's fair to say this is not a well-reasoned legal theory:

>>Former President Trump’s legal team suggested Tuesday that even a president directing SEAL Team Six to kill a political opponent would be an action barred from prosecution given a former executive’s broad immunity to criminal prosecution.

The hypothetical was presented to Trump attorney John Sauer who answered with a “qualified yes” that a former president would be immune from prosecution on that matter or even on selling pardons. <<<

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4398223-trump-team-argues-assassination-of-rivals-is-covered-by-presidential-immunity/

If nothing else, Trump will succeed in creating a great deal of legal precedent refuting such garbage.
And of course, right after the hearing (the incredibly short hearing) Trumpy started touting "Bedlam" (like he knows what that means).
he knows how this is going to go.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
And of course, right after the hearing (the incredibly short hearing) Trumpy started touting "Bedlam" (like he knows what that means).
he knows how this is going to go.
Your post inspired me to google the origin of the term, which revealed the following:

>>>The term bedlam comes from the name of a hospital in London, “Saint Mary of Bethlehem,” which was devoted to treating the mentally ill in the 1400s.<<<

I'm not sure if you were alluding to this, but sending Trump to a hospital that specializes in treating the mentally ill might be appropriate.

In a way, I have to give Trump's lawyers credit for being intellectually honest about what they were arguing "Yesseree, Trump can murder as many people as he wants for any reason he wants while he's president, and there ain't nothing nobody can do about it! He's a goddam divine being!" (Okay, I'll admit that was a straw man of sorts, but it's not too far off).

I suspect his lawyers will also prove that it's possible for them to both go big and go home (as losers).

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Your post inspired me to google the origin of the term, which revealed the following:

>>>The term bedlam comes from the name of a hospital in London, “Saint Mary of Bethlehem,” which was devoted to treating the mentally ill in the 1400s.<<<

I'm not sure if you were alluding to this, but sending Trump to a hospital that specializes in treating the mentally ill might be appropriate.

In a way, I have to give Trump's lawyers credit for being intellectually honest about what they were arguing "Yesseree, Trump can murder as many people as he wants for any reason he wants while he's president, and there ain't nothing nobody can do about it! He's a goddam divine being!" (Okay, I'll admit that was a straw man of sorts, but it's not too far off).

I suspect his lawyers will also prove that it's possible for them to both go big and go home (as losers).
That is ironic !!
I watched this vid a few months ago, and got informed about the word "bedlam"
Im sure Trumpy thinks its just means mindless chaos in his name.
(I love this guys vids...nice info on a variety of subjects)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Yes, it was the first psychiatric hospital in the world, founded in 1247 in Bishopsgate. That is well in cockney territory. The cockneys are renowned for altering words and running them together.

The hospital has moved several times and now is in the London Borough of Bromley. My wife and I were married in Bromley, that was before Bromley became part of greater London. My wife grew up in St. Mary Cray, Orpington, Kent, right next to Bromley and that is also now a part of greater London and not Kent.
Bromley is a ritzy area and referred to as part of the"stockbroker belt." That is a far cry from Bishopsgate, which traditionally was a poorer area of London and a place of social deprivation.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Using the Trump teams logic.:)
Yeah, seems perfectly okay to me!

According to team Trump, Biden can’t be convicted unless he’s impeached first, which means he should be perfectly okay if he orders the Air Force to drop a nuke on the Capital Building while congress is debating impeachment. Of course, he’d probably want to have the Secret Service wack the Vice President and his entire cabinet just to make sure they don’t get any bright ideas about removing him under the 25th Amendment.

We don’t need no stinking oath of office!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, seems perfectly okay to me!

According to team Trump, Biden can’t be convicted unless he’s impeached first, which means he should be perfectly okay if he orders the Air Force to drop a nuke on the Capital Building while congress is debating impeachment. Of course, he’d probably want to have the Secret Service wack the Vice President and his entire cabinet just to make sure they don’t get any bright ideas about removing him under the 25th Amendment.

We don’t need no stinking oath of office!
Since trump is saying he is immune to all things, Biden can just take out Trump and using Trumpet logic, Biden would be immune. :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Since trump is saying he is immune to all things, Biden can just take out Trump and using Trumpet logic, Biden would be immune. :D
It's a lose-lose argument for Trump. If he loses, he's criminally liable for his own actions. If he wins, he gets wacked by Biden.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, he should call up Donald" Hey, I am in office and am immune for life, say goodby to your family. :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Yep, he should call up Donald" Hey, I am in office and am immune for life, say goodby to your family. :D
It would have been interesting if the prosecutor would have gone along with team Trump’s argument in court:

Prosecutor: “Your honor, we like where defense counsel is going with this. We’re asking the court to affirm that President Biden can legally wack Mr Trump.

Trump’s lawyer: “We object your honor! It is our position that the president can wack Mr Trump any time without the court’s approval!”

Prosecutor: “Okay, you win. The planes are in the air.”

Trump’s lawyer: “Yes! I won!”

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
>>>Donald Trump must pay nearly $400,000 in legal fees to The New York Times and three of its reporters, a judge ruled Friday.

The former president unsuccessfully sued the Times, along with reporters Susanne Craig, David Barstow and Russ Buettner, over a 2018 Pulitzer-winning story on the Trump family’s wealth and tax filings. …<<<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis