So just what is it that bothers our maga folk about transgender particularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Samurai
Trans kids are like vegan cats...someone else, someone with ideological blinders firmly in place, is doing it to them.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I've yet to figure out how, from a mental health, and medical diagnosis, with all the development that teens and pre-teens (entering puberty), how chaotic it can be can be accurately defined as 'transgender'.

I saw this video of this Disney exec talking about how both her kids where on the trans spectrum. I mean the odds are astronomical for that. But what isn't astronomical is parents steering their kids towards it:

When I listened to that Disney zoom call that's exactly the first thing I thought.
d-photo-u1 (1).jpeg

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd really like to understand the fear involved here. Seems pretty ridiculous, altho much maga stuff does, too.
I think there is group of certain people that just don't like trans people and I think there's another group that doesn't believe in surgeries or life-altering treatments untill they're adults and the two have been conflated by activist.

I have no issues with how anyone wants to live their life, I just don't agree with any child consenting to physical life altering treatments. Some the parents are encouraging their children and I'll I can think of is Munchausen by proxy.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
good for the goose, good for the gander ??

That’s pretty funny. “Coming out as true self”. If they dig up his bones in 1000 years DNA will show he’s definitely NOT an Indian woman.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
good for the goose, good for the gander ??

This is clever. No, the left are going to have to figure out if this is a wind up, or him actually revealing his true self. My guess is that it is a wind up. However, anyone's guess is as good as mine, and I suspect that is the guy's point.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Other than hospitals, what do these have to do with health care costs?
You saying universities and schools and some large business don't or offer some type of healthcare ? even Kay Jewelers offers healthcare

jinjuku

jinjuku

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that being transgender isn't a mental disorder per se, but the distress resulting from feeling trapped in a body that doesn't conform with your mental image can be enough to create a mental disorder. Do I have that right?
I didn't think it was 'feeling trapped'. The.08% of the population has some other than normal tissue make up of the brain and it doesn't take the inputs of their naturally produced hormone profile well. Leaving them feeling out of body.

The best that current medical science can give is 'practicing medicine' and monitoring and tweaking their pharmacology regimen with therapeutic support. We know from the continued health, mental and otherwise, coupled with a still very high suicide rate that while they move the needle, and some is better than none, that it's a lifelong persistent condition.

Where we get into Lovin's 'maga' push back (like it's the only group :rolleyes: ) is that a very vocal community now thinks that it is ok at the end of spear point to force everyone else to participate in the prescribed social aspect of treatment protocol.

I think another area is that 'sex is on a spectrum'.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

You saying universities and schools and some large business don't or offer some type of healthcare ? even Kay Jewelers offers healthcare
Kay Jeweler employees, or contracted through a hospital or clinic? Don't look at the employer, look at the number of people who work as medical professionals. Kay, large businesses and non-medical universities that offer some level of health care aren't in that business- the link was about people who work in health care.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
@GO-NAD! , adults are actually capable of consenting to whatever feminizing/masculinizing cosmetic hormone therapy or surgeries they like. But sterilizing and mutilating children is unconscionable. Adolescence is not a pathological condition. Stunting normal growth and development with puberty blockers or sterilizing cross sex hormones on the basis of ineffable gender identities causes real harm. Primum non nocere.
While I may not be well-versed on the issue, my gut feeling is in line with what you say. The thought of such drastic actions to address a child's gender dysphoria is...disturbing.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't think it was 'feeling trapped'. The.08% of the population has some other than normal tissue make up of the brain and it doesn't take the inputs of their naturally produced hormone profile well. Leaving them feeling out of body.
"Feeling trapped" in the wrong body was really meant as an example, rather than a defining characteristic.

The best that current medical science can give is 'practicing medicine' and monitoring and tweaking their pharmacology regimen with therapeutic support. We know from the continued health, mental and otherwise, coupled with a still very high suicide rate that while they move the needle, and some is better than none, that it's a lifelong persistent condition.
A lot of conflicting information gets trotted out to support particular stances. While comments have been posted in this thread point out that hormone treatments can lead to long term physical health problems, others might say the improvement in mental health makes it justifiable.
Better mental health found among transgender people who started hormones as teens | News Center | Stanford Medicine

Where we get into Lovin's 'maga' push back (like it's the only group :rolleyes: ) is that a very vocal community now thinks that it is ok at the end of spear point to force everyone else to participate in the prescribed social aspect of treatment protocol.
A great deal of noise seems to emanate from the extremes of the debate, drowning out any nuanced discussion.
Montana’s House speaker has silenced a transgender lawmaker. Here’s what to know | PBS NewsHour
Trans people face hostile rhetoric from state lawmakers | PBS NewsHour

While it would be wrong to whisk little Johnny off to the clinic the first time he's caught wearing his mom's dress, there are probably cases where gender-affirming care for minors is absolutely appropriate. The problem is that discussions of trans issues usually devolve to the extremes.

I think another area is that 'sex is on a spectrum'.
I suppose there is a spectrum, of sorts. To me, the term implies an infinite number of configurations randomly situated along a scale. Whereas, I think the overwhelming majority of us sit at the far ends of the male-female scale, with a tiny number overlapping the middle*.

*An example being an intersex person, who may have chromosomal patterns and/or sex organ features that don't conform strictly with male or female.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
What didn't you understand? I responded to your comment. My reply means that I disagree, if you didn't understand it.

ALL Conservatives? Generalizing is a piss-poor way to try to make a point.
Yet generalization is exactly what you did. Provide some examples, that's what such as means.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
"Feeling trapped" in the wrong body was really meant as an example, rather than a defining characteristic.

A lot of conflicting information gets trotted out to support particular stances. While comments have been posted in this thread point out that hormone treatments can lead to long term physical health problems, others might say the improvement in mental health makes it justifiable.
Better mental health found among transgender people who started hormones as teens | News Center | Stanford Medicine

A great deal of noise seems to emanate from the extremes of the debate, drowning out any nuanced discussion.
Montana’s House speaker has silenced a transgender lawmaker. Here’s what to know | PBS NewsHour
Trans people face hostile rhetoric from state lawmakers | PBS NewsHour

While it would be wrong to whisk little Johnny off to the clinic the first time he's caught wearing his mom's dress, there are probably cases where gender-affirming care for minors is absolutely appropriate. The problem is that discussions of trans issues usually devolve to the extremes.

I suppose there is a spectrum, of sorts. To me, the term implies an infinite number of configurations randomly situated along a scale. Whereas, I think the overwhelming majority of us sit at the far ends of the male-female scale, with a tiny number overlapping the middle*.

*An example being an intersex person, who may have chromosomal patterns and/or sex organ features that don't conform strictly with male or female.
The better question is why does it matter to anyone?

highfigh

highfigh

Yet generalization is exactly what you did. Provide some examples, that's what such as means.
The English language isn't your strong point, is it? I did the opposite of generalizing, I stated my disagreement with your use of "all bigots are conservatives". I meant that "not all are conservatives".

Prove YOUR point. Stop being 'hard of thinking'.

jinjuku

jinjuku

That is the question. I think a better quality of life is preferable to a long, disjointed existence. Those are questions between patient and care providers.

However the protocol as applied to developing bodies and minds is being pushed back upon by some major bodies, including the country that the Dutch Protocol came from for lacking efficacy.

That is what it is.

And you have lesbians called transphobic and misogynistic for having non-penile preferences.

The title of the thread even shows an incredibly biased, and I believe ignorant take on the situation at hand.

Gender Dysphoria treatment has been on the books for minors for 50 years +. But now the solutions include non-reversible procedures and a few studies have slammed diagnosis of gender dysphoria while the patients have obvious co-morbidity. That's entering malpractice territory. Medical malpractice.

Intersex is a developmental issue. So are XXy. There are still only two sexes.

On climate change we are asked to trust the science

On Covid and Vaccines, Lock downs, Masking, Social Distancing, we are asked to trust the science.

On well settled evolutionary biology and sex: Oh, it's just 'a theory'.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Intersex is a developmental issue. So are XXy. There are still only two sexes.
Of course it's developmental. But, that's beside the point. When someone presents with features of two sexes, how should they be categorized?

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
The English language isn't your strong point, is it? I did the opposite of generalizing, I stated my disagreement with your use of "all bigots are conservatives". I meant that "not all are conservatives".

Prove YOUR point. Stop being 'hard of thinking'.
Being an a**hole seems to be your strong point. What conservative is not a bigot? Put up or stfu.
What bigot is not a conservative? Put up or stfu.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Being an a**hole seems to be your strong point. What conservative is not a bigot? Put up or stfu.
You seem a rather unpleasant variety of left wing apologist of the sort I take great delight in swatting. You are also vulgar to boot.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The only evidence you keep providing us is that you are the perfect example of being EXACTLY what you claim to hate. Your the one hurling insults on this thread. So it appears that your the one trying to start a problem so the person that needs to put up or shut up as you say is really you.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Of course it's developmental. But, that's beside the point. When someone presents with features of two sexes, how should they be categorized?
That's a really great question I know they're is a medical term but I cant remember it right now. I don't believe it's listed as a mental disorder though please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Someone can be born with both sexual organs of male and female and not end up with any issues.

Damn you got my brain all curious I'm going to have to look that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis