Dominion's $1.6B Defamation Lawsuit Against Fox News Going to Trial

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe they can get rid of all human-ish news personalities and use the same kind of computer-generated voices that are on WikiVids on YouTube.

If that happens, I'll never watch news again.
Computer generated voices, would that be the same as a human reading word for word from a teleprompter :D. Heck I rarely watch the news on TV these days. I just read the AP, BBC or watch some repeat of a car program.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Wanting what he made off defamation and wanting his entire wealth are different.
Why are you carrying water for Jones with no regards to his victims and his odious profits?

It was the same in another thread where you claimed to be anti-Trump, but you sure carried his water in the New York criminal indictment.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why are you carrying water for Jones with no regards to his victims and his odious profits?

It was the same in another thread where you claimed to be anti-Trump, but you sure carried his water in the New York criminal indictment.
Odious or not doesn't mean you the defendant get ALL of his wealth. In court I'd like to see psychological and financial proof that justify the amounts being sued for. Err I hope that's what the court does. The Jones court is iffy to me because it feels like these are corporate amounts being applied. Jones does not have the viewer reach or assets I assume to total these numbers. On the other hand, Faux has the revenue and viewer reach to justify hefty prices associated with defamation. But a $1 billion dollars on Jones? Yeah you outline how the psychological trauma caused you to lose your job, house, business, friendships, standing etc. But does anyone even know who Alex Jones is let alone the scale of media damage. $110 million in one case? Well I hope they have the receipts cause that's like winning the lottery. The vague term of defamation on an individual doesn't make me automatically assume the fine is within reason.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Odious or not doesn't mean you the defendant get ALL of his wealth. In court I'd like to see psychological and financial proof that justify the amounts being sued for. Err I hope that's what the court does. The Jones court is iffy to me because it feels like these are corporate amounts being applied. Jones does not have the viewer reach or assets I assume to total these numbers. On the other hand, Faux has the revenue and viewer reach to justify hefty prices associated with defamation. But a $1 billion dollars on Jones? Yeah you outline how the psychological trauma caused you to lose your job, house, business, friendships, standing etc. But does anyone even know who Alex Jones is let alone the scale of media damage. $110 million in one case? Well I hope they have the receipts cause that's like winning the lottery. The vague term of defamation on an individual doesn't make me automatically assume the fine is within reason.
1682030505493.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you made x off Sandy Hook it doesn't necessarily justify you taking y too.
He made x off being a complete asshole on this and other things, see no reason not to take everything from such a piece of shyte.

ps you know, in law enforcement terms, a deterrent.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
In that case, I think all those parents want the amount he made off of his defamations and claims, pain and suffering, and the loss of life the kids would have had.
he should also be bankrupted into poverty.
His estimated value is $130-270 million. He has five houses. By law they have to leave one house for living. Plus some cash I assume.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
$110 million plaintiff-- pain & suffering. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
By one source it was 15 plaintiffs at $965 milllon plus another $50 million. If Jones even has assets to that amount. He might be hiding his funds, but he might hiding them so the f$$kers don't take it all. I dunno. The higher these types of suits go though I'm less likely to believe their pain & suffering. I assume the $110 million suit is tied in with significant loss of income.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
By one source it was 15 plaintiffs at $965 milllon plus another $50 million. If Jones even has assets to that amount. He might be hiding his funds, but he might hiding them so the f$$kers don't take it all. I dunno. The higher these types of suits go though I'm less likely to believe their pain & suffering. I assume the $110 million suit is tied in with significant loss of income.
By "f$$ckers" you mean the parents that had their children murdered while Jones maliciously lied about that mass murder for years, just to make a profit.

You really are showing what you're made of and what you defend.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
By "f$$ckers" you mean the parents that had their children murdered while Jones maliciously lied about that mass murder for years, just to make a profit.

You really are showing what you're made of and what you defend.
$20 million per plaintiff is good. $110 million and that's a lot of houses, cars, and boats you can buy in the name of pain & suffering. Otherwise I hope you have receipts to prove that amount.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
How much?
Which hill? :D
How much tape? A lot. How much money? Not much- I might pay for a couple of rolls of tape- he doesn't matter enough for me to want to pay a lot. Maybe crowdfunding for tape would work.

Which hill? Don't care, as long as it's high and has a decent slope (but not too steep) so it takes a long time for it to stop.

highfigh

highfigh

Computer generated voices, would that be the same as a human reading word for word from a teleprompter :D. Heck I rarely watch the news on TV these days. I just read the AP, BBC or watch some repeat of a car program.
I haven't seen many good car shows, lately. What have you found?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
$20 million per plaintiff is good. $110 million and that's a lot of houses, cars, and boats you can buy in the name of pain & suffering. Otherwise I hope you have receipts to prove that amount.
Obviously you've some empathy and moral challenges to work through. ;)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The more they ask in $$$, the less it feels like pain & suffering.
Alex Jones caused these families a lifetime of pain and suffering with his malicious lies.

If he is forced to pay for those blatant lies, and using his platform to hurt other Americans so he could stuff his wallet, then he should not just be paying out his current assets, but his future assets as well. It isn't a punishment for someone like him to give up half his fortune. That doesn't actually impact his life at all. It is about PUNISHING him for his action. Holding him accountable. If they ask for 100 million, then they may be awarded a part of that, or not. It depends on how well they prove their case. How much their lives were actually destroyed by the actions of Alex. Then the jury can decide if the punishment requested is in line with where is should be.

highfigh

highfigh

The bad part- not enough people saw Jones as the pile of shyte that he is and stopped listening to his crap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis