Dominion's $1.6B Defamation Lawsuit Against Fox News Going to Trial

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Do their viewers read such? Are they required to repeat that on air in each program the lies were spread on?
In a just world, Fox would be required to admit it's lies, in spoken and written words, every day. I'm not holding my breath while waiting for that to happen. In the meantime, let's make sure their check for $787.5 million doesn't bounce.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Let's remember there's more good news about this. Because Fox settled out of court, they cannot appeal any judgements against them to the Supreme Court.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hoping terms of settlement does extend into on-air admissions from each of the bullshit spreaders....daily :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hoping terms of settlement does extend into on-air admissions from each of the bullshit spreaders....daily :)
I doubt if Fox agreed to that in an out-of-court settlement. But they did feel compelled to apologize to the judge about their lying to the court while trying to hide Rupert Murdock's involvement in all this. Maybe the judge is angry enough to further rub their nose in this. Again, I doubt it, but one can always hope.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I doubt if Fox agreed to that in an out-of-court settlement. But they did feel compelled to apologize to the judge about their lying to the court while trying to hide Rupert Murdock's involvement in all this. Maybe the judge is angry enough to further rub their nose in this. Again, I doubt it, but one can always hope.
If the settlement is agreed on by both parties, does the judge have any say at all?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, there is still a lawsuit filed by Smartmatic against Fox, for $2.7 billion. And Dominion Voting Systems also has lawsuits against Newsmax and Oan, as well as Rudolph Giuliani, Syney Powell, and the My Pillow guy. None of them have a chance of defending themselves, much less do they have the same deep pockets as Fox.
As long as those outfits go out of business permanently would be enough.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
No, it doesn't.
This will be the extent:
We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.

Not much of an admission as they state the court came to that decision.
What is "certain claims," would that mean others were correct?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, it doesn't.
This will be the extent:
We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.

Not much of an admission as they state the court came to that decision.
What is "certain claims," would that mean others were correct?
Oh that original pr statement sure, but what are the full terms of the settlement is more my question at this point. Maybe my hopes for more to the full terms is unfounded, but....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
$785 million or so with a revenue of $4.6 billion is what a news channel said.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If the settlement is agreed on by both parties, does the judge have any say at all?
As a practical matter, no. Civil lawsuits are a way to resolve disputes between private parties. Once the parties come to an agreement there is no dispute. Having said that, in theory a judge could reject a settlement if it included illegal or unenforceable terms (e.g. if Fox agreed that, as part of the settlement, Tucker Carlson would be required to commit hari-kari).

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
As a practical matter, no. Civil lawsuits are a way to resolve disputes between private parties. Once the parties come to an agreement there is no sipute. Having said that, in theory a judge could reject a settlement if it included illegal or unenforceable terms (e.g. if Fox agreed that, as part of the settlement, Tucker Carlson would be required to commit hari-kari).
What about the special master that the judge just decided on, as well as lying to the judge?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As a practical matter, no. Civil lawsuits are a way to resolve disputes between private parties. Once the parties come to an agreement there is no sipute. Having said that, in theory a judge could reject a settlement if it included illegal or unenforceable terms (e.g. if Fox agreed that, as part of the settlement, Tucker Carlson would be required to commit hari-kari).
I agree, hari-kari or only a large permanent tattoo across his forehead saying LIAR, are probably not legal. Too bad. I'd settle for Tucker Carlson being forced to appear on camera wearing a dunce cap for as long as he remains part of the Faux network. Same for all the other liars there, on or off camera.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I really would like to see something that forces Rupert Murdock to sell Faux News, and to stay out of that business permanently.

That band of scoundrels, the NFL team owners, are forcing 'Dangerous Dan' Snyder to sell the Washington Football Team. If the NFL can manage that, I want to see something more than a $0.7875 billion payout for Murdock & Faux.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I agree, hari-kari or only a large permanent tattoo across his forehead saying LIAR, are probably not legal. Too bad. I'd settle for Tucker Carlson being forced to appear on camera wearing a dunce cap for as long as he remains part of the Faux network. Same for all the other liars there, on or off camera.

Oh hell, might as well go after the 'Chicken Noodle News' phonies as well ! It's MSM after all, you can't hang your hat on any of them can you ?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Oh hell, might as well go after the 'Chicken Noodle News' phonies as well ! It's MSM after all, you can't hang your hat on any of them can you ?
Strongly disagree! MSM hasn't been sued for defamation, and it probably will not in the future. More than mere defamation, Faux News deliberately repeated defamatory lies over and over, with intentional malice. They even lied to the trial judge in Delaware.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The Libs all hate Fox, the wacko right all hate CNN and MSNBC, whatever, they're all nuts in my book !

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Strongly disagree! MSM hasn't been sued for defamation, and it probably will not in the future. More than mere defamation, Faux News deliberately repeated defamatory lies over and over, with intentional malice. They even lied to the trial judge in Delaware.
Agree. He tried a disingenuous attempt to play the both-sides-does-it card.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There is no "both sides" argument to be made here. Since all news media are run by human beings, there will be some inherent bias in their reporting. That can't - and never could - be helped. But, when Fox talking heads decided to deliberately defame Dominion, they gave up any pretense to being a member of MSM.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
There is no "both sides" argument to be made here. Since all news media are run by human beings, there will be some inherent bias in their reporting. That can't - and never could - be helped. But, when Fox talking heads decided to deliberately defame Dominion, they gave up any pretense to being a member of MSM.
Not arguing the deception and the ease to which FOX is able to lay it on their audience but don't forget CNN and Cuomo's capers, agreed ?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Fox talking heads decided to deliberately defame Dominion, they gave up any pretense to being a member of MSM.
LOL, Dominion is smiling all the way to the bank ! Thanks to FOX they just got a paycheck equivalent to 44 plus years of revenue for their company !!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis