Dominion's $1.6B Defamation Lawsuit Against Fox News Going to Trial

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Alex Jones caused these families a lifetime of pain and suffering with his malicious lies.

If he is forced to pay for those blatant lies, and using his platform to hurt other Americans so he could stuff his wallet, then he should not just be paying out his current assets, but his future assets as well. It isn't a punishment for someone like him to give up half his fortune. That doesn't actually impact his life at all. It is about PUNISHING him for his action. Holding him accountable. If they ask for 100 million, then they may be awarded a part of that, or not. It depends on how well they prove their case. How much their lives were actually destroyed by the actions of Alex. Then the jury can decide if the punishment requested is in line with where is should be.
Of course he should pay for future assets. But $110 million than they better prove it vs throwing out a number I can make a lot of $$$ on. His estimated worth is tops $270 million. The likelihood getting $110 isn't good.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Of course he should pay for future assets. But $110 million than they better prove it vs throwing out a number I can make a lot of $$$ on. His estimated worth is tops $270 million. The likelihood getting $110 isn't good.
So what? That's not YOUR call. It's not MY call. It's up to the jury to set the awarded amount. If they have decided that this random American has destroyed the lives of multiple other Americans just to pander to an uninformed and gullible fan base with a main goal of chasing cash, then the jury is in a position to ensure that he has very little of those gains left in his pocket, for any point in his life, for his own actions.

This is literally about actually holding someone accountable for their own actions, and establishing a penalty in line with his actions. The amount is arbitrary. If he had no money, it wouldn't take much to impact his life. As he has far more than most of us, the penalty will be a good deal higher.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So what? That's not YOUR call. It's not MY call. It's up to the jury to set the awarded amount. If they have decided that this random American has destroyed the lives of multiple other Americans just to pander to an uninformed and gullible fan base with a main goal of chasing cash, then the jury is in a position to ensure that he has very little of those gains left in his pocket, for any point in his life, for his own actions.

This is literally about actually holding someone accountable for their own actions, and establishing a penalty in line with his actions. The amount is arbitrary. If he had no money, it wouldn't take much to impact his life. As he has far more than most of us, the penalty will be a good deal higher.
Its called settlement. The prices they're asking for assume he's a billionaire.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
These families were subjected to stochastic terrorism. If he's left penniless, I will have no pity for him.
Perhaps you meant another term than stochastic that has some specific meanings?

He caused great harm just for profit, and should be held responsible for his actions. This is what a normal human being would think, but as this thread shows, that is not always the case. And this is what you've written before.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Its called settlement. The prices they're asking for assume he's a billionaire.
When Alex Jones had an opportunity to settle with the plaintiffs, he refused. Instead, he made an issue out of refusing, pandering to his followers for more money. He gambled and lost.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
When Alex Jones had an opportunity to settle with the plaintiffs, he refused. Instead, he made an issue out of refusing, pandering to his followers for more money. He gambled and lost.
In his mind Alex Jones is a victim, and so is Trump. Then there is the Pillow Dude. ;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps you meant another term than stochastic that has some specific meanings?

He caused great harm just for profit, and should be held responsible for his actions. This is what a normal human being would think, but as this thread shows, that is not always the case. And this is what you've written before.
Unless Jones has assets well above $270 million, the likelihood is very slim the plaintiffs will get even close to the $1 billion. You can take $260/270 million, but we don't leave people on the street, including the serpent Jones. You can take 4 of his 5 houses. I'm fine with that, but ever getting a billion doesn't seem realistic. Future assets make sense too.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The rest is punishment. ;)
The $965 million in damages awarded by the jury in the Connecticut case are considered to be compensatory, whereas the $493 million awarded by the judge are punitive. That doesn't mean that we have to view it that way.

>>>The Infowars conspiracy broadcaster Alex Jones must pay the families of eight Sandy Hook shooting victims an additional $473 million in punitive damages for defaming them, a judge in Connecticut ruled on Thursday, bringing the total damages to nearly $1.5 billion.

Last month, a jury in Waterbury, Conn., awarded the families and an F.B.I. agent implicated in Mr. Jones’s false claims $965 million in compensatory damages. The jury also awarded the families punitive damages in the form of lawyers’ fees, to be calculated by the judge. The $473 million awarded on Thursday by Judge Barbara N. Bellis of Connecticut Superior Court represents those damages.<<<

Jones chose default judgements by refusing to cooperate in both Connecticut and Texas:

>>>After Jones refused to submit financial records, testimony and documents ordered by the courts, judges in Texas and Connecticut ruled him liable by default, a sweeping victory for the families that set the stages for the damages trials.<<<

Now he wants new trials, but that dog don't hunt.

The jury in Connecticut went above the damages one of the plaintiff's lawyers asked for. Jones himself was the star witness for the plaintiffs. Jones is the one who convinced the jury of the damages.

In the Texas case the jury awarded about $4 million in compensatory damages and $45 million in punitive damages:

>>>In August, a jury in Austin, Texas, ordered Mr. Jones to pay Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin, whose son Jesse Lewis died in the massacre in Newtown, Conn., $4 million in compensatory damages and $45 million in punitive damages after Mr. Jones spread lies that the shooting had been staged and that the parents were actors.<<<

Given that he got hammered by the judge and jury in his home state of Texas, the Connecticut case is not an aberration brought on by a cabal of communist new world order kooks.

Of course he's crying like a little beyotch about it, but his own actions sealed his fate.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The $965 million in damages awarded by the jury in the Connecticut case are considered to be compensatory, whereas the $493 million awarded by the judge are punitive. That doesn't mean that we have to view it that way.

>>>The Infowars conspiracy broadcaster Alex Jones must pay the families of eight Sandy Hook shooting victims an additional $473 million in punitive damages for defaming them, a judge in Connecticut ruled on Thursday, bringing the total damages to nearly $1.5 billion.

Last month, a jury in Waterbury, Conn., awarded the families and an F.B.I. agent implicated in Mr. Jones’s false claims $965 million in compensatory damages. The jury also awarded the families punitive damages in the form of lawyers’ fees, to be calculated by the judge. The $473 million awarded on Thursday by Judge Barbara N. Bellis of Connecticut Superior Court represents those damages.<<<

Jones chose default judgements by refusing to cooperate in both Connecticut and Texas:

>>>After Jones refused to submit financial records, testimony and documents ordered by the courts, judges in Texas and Connecticut ruled him liable by default, a sweeping victory for the families that set the stages for the damages trials.<<<

Now he wants new trials, but that dog don't hunt.

The jury in Connecticut went above the damages one of the plaintiff's lawyers asked for. Jones himself was the star witness for the plaintiffs. Jones is the one who convinced the jury of the damages.

In the Texas case the jury awarded about $4 million in compensatory damages and $45 million in punitive damages:

>>>In August, a jury in Austin, Texas, ordered Mr. Jones to pay Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin, whose son Jesse Lewis died in the massacre in Newtown, Conn., $4 million in compensatory damages and $45 million in punitive damages after Mr. Jones spread lies that the shooting had been staged and that the parents were actors.<<<

Given that he got hammered by the judge and jury in his home state of Texas, the Connecticut case is not an aberration brought on by a cabal of communist new world order kooks.

Of course he's crying like a little beyotch about it, but his own actions sealed his fate.
So does Jones have $1.5 billion in assets?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I actually agree with you! Are you off your meds? Wait … am I off mine?
That guy made my skin crawl from the first time I heard him and I never listened to that crap.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
His estimated value is $130-270 million. He has five houses. By law they have to leave one house for living. Plus some cash I assume.
That's fine, 1 house, least expensive and he can get a job, not what he did before. Maybe he will experience how ordinary people live?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis