What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

EthicalEar

EthicalEar

Junior Audioholic
Power is not necessarily related to SQ improvement. Your new Anthem is less than 3 dB more powerful than the PVA 4. It's quite possible that you will not ear any difference in sound quality, unless the PVA 4 was struggling to drive weird low impedance speakers, or you like to listen at very high SPL at distances exceeding 12 feet from the speakers.
Thank you for the reply. Prior to hook up "it sounds good". I hooked it up last night and I went to "holy s#it". It woke up my speakers. I believe I'm finally feeding them right. Most obviously the bass coming from 95f's was amazing. I didn't know they could sound like that! I had to turn my PB3000 subs down to 20. I think because I was running 9 speakers from the Sony AVR (mains were previously bi-amped with Sony and PVA 4), it sounded lacking. Now going with just the MCA 325 to run LCR - no more bi-amping. The result was very satisfying. My test CD that I've been using for 20 years each time I upgrade. I use Sting Brand New day DTS 5.1 surround disc which is incredibly dynamic and extremely layered with sounds. I found many things I hadn't ever heard before. I can't list them all but Song#7 "The End of the Game" the bass line was extremely tight and detailed with many triplets I didn't know were there. Alot of the Bradford Marcellous sax background emotion instead of just notes. Not sure if there is an Amp forum I should post on, but I give the MCA 325 Five Stars.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just re-upped my Moatun 7 Discography on Bandcamp.

Arni Gretar, aka Futuregrapher, has put together a very cool label specializing in 7" pressings, originally, utilizing 2 different artists to do a single each for the A and B side.
I'm not a vinyl guy, but what I get is some really creative Electronica that spans many classifications and all digital discography available for lossless download.
At this point, he has a series of Full albums, a series dedicated to Cassette releases, and more... totaling 170 releases dating back to 2019!

R

rnaeye

Junior Audioholic
Yamaha TSR-700 from Costco. It replaced my eight year old Yamaha RX-V675. I am so glad I did. It has multi-point calibration (8 points) and allows setting up crossover frequency for individual speakers. After that my Polk signature series speakers came to life, especially the central channel. Funny how technology works, TSR-700 last month cost me what RX-V675 cost me 8 years ago. And, it's much better!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Another kitchen table RC crawler project. I will design and fabricate a chassis for this Land Cruiser 70 truck body. Comes with all body parts and trim, led capable light. This styrene plastic is highly customizable and solvent weldable with numerous types of adhesive such as CA, and plastic model cement. That way it can be customized and painted any way imaginable.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
85" Sammy for a grand

It's for the little old lady upstairs. She currently has like a 32 or 40 incher up on the wall and her vision started failing ... so 85".

Trblab Z2 headphones

Her hearing is shot too.
She had these before and liked them.

Blue tooth transmitter

No stinkin' cords.

The rock and roll show is about to begin. I got the TV up to the third floor yesterday and the headphones just arrived last night. I might have this wrapped up by noon. Wish me luck.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sen 280 pro headphones. I always wanted some closed headphones to go with my AKGs and Grado open backs. Got a slightly used set on ebay at a great price. Better base and decent sound but the Grados are still my favs.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sen 280 pro headphones. I always wanted some closed headphones to go with my AKGs and Grado open backs. Got a slightly used set on ebay at a great price. Better base and decent sound but the Grados are still my favs.
Those 280's are great for the money.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
85" Sammy for a grand

It's for the little old lady upstairs. She currently has like a 32 or 40 incher up on the wall and her vision started failing ... so 85".

Trblab Z2 headphones

Her hearing is shot too.
She had these before and liked them.

Blue tooth transmitter

No stinkin' cords.

The rock and roll show is about to begin. I got the TV up to the third floor yesterday and the headphones just arrived last night. I might have this wrapped up by noon. Wish me luck.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Made a pit stop at Wally for the $15 Early Black Friday albums.:eek:o_OJust found out sale end Nov 20th in case Lovin' and gang are wondering. :p :cool:
IMG_20221118_191855.jpg

Unfortunately Help by The Beatles wasn't on sale.:(Got what I came for and got stuff I didn't expect to be there...:eek:;)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I am pretty fanatical about dusting my speaker drivers. My home can get dusty, and I don't always have time, or the HEPA to deal with it. But I do keep it out of and off of my electronics. In the trades, I always keep a dust brush in my tool kit. Especially when I was doing interior remodels and had to keep cleaning as I went. This usually consisted of a worn paint brush from 4-6". The bristles were finer and worked efficiently for dustier messes. An old paint brush and a drywall joint knife as a dust pan worked perfectly.

Went looking for "dust brushes" online and it came up with a lot of things that are for designer dust, it seems. Not the old fashioned kind like I deal with on most days. When I can't find what I need, I always end up looking what the girls are hiding. Why? They have the coolest tools. Their makeup brushes make some of the best dusting tools on the planet. I bought an assortment pack for my speakers and electronics and anything else I tend to tinker with.

These get into the grooves of the surrounds and everywhere else and gentle as can be. The smaller ones can detail around any screens and other built in tweeter grilles and whatnot as well. Just can't let my GF see these because she will nab at least some of them. They act weird when we use girl tools for guy things, like we're not really supposed to have them. lol

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ordered a Canton Vento 866.2 center channel

Its similar to my Canton Chrono SL 556.2. But has 7in vs 6in drivers

Now I need a new TV stand… LOL. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis