Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There seems to be a correlation between "special military operations" and "technical incidents."

>>>Aug 11 (Reuters) - Belarus said on Thursday that blasts heard overnight at one of its military bases 30 km (19 miles) from Ukraine were caused by a "technical incident." . . .

After reports of the blasts in Belarus, Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak noted what he termed an "epidemic of technical accidents," something he described as a warning to Russian troops.

"The epidemic of technical accidents at military airfields of Crimea and Belarus should be considered by Russia military as a warning: forget about Ukraine, take off the uniform and leave," Podolyak said on Twitter.<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The question is HOW LONG? Joe is pretty low in the polls. A Griner would prop his numbers a bit. OR Who ever the Dems support.
I say a little closer to the election. She will be there a while longer. 6-12 months. They will want the "OTHER" American first. Then a
month later Griner. It's all about polling. I hope Joe and his crew can keep up.

The possibility of an exchange was further complicated when the Russians demanded the inclusion of convicted assassin Vadim Krasikov,[119] who is serving a life term for an assassination in Germany, in the negotiations.

We'd need a 100 Americans back to call that a fair trade LOL, so I'm not sure she's coming back anytime soon. Plus someone on YT said Griner had been warn once about possession. Well it's YT so who knows. I'm sure there's addiction obviously.

I'm a bit dismayed by YT comments. I really need to stop reading them. Seems like it's a breeding ground for homophobic comments. First it's is Griner really a man, or woman? She's had no boob operation. Like who really cares? My ma is pro-LGBTQ, and I don't remember ever doing that. Did I??? Anyway, it's like coming out of the woodwork. :confused:

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
First it's is Griner really a man, or woman? She's had no boob operation.
I don't care if she is equipped with both sets of parts or none at all. She's a dummy, BUT she is an US citizen that's a dummy in a Russian Jail.
The bad guys they want to exchange are still gonna be bad guys. We just don't have to house him or them for the rest of their lives. Do you think
the US would swap for Charlie Manson if he were still alive? That is how I look at it.

I see a youngster who is a good basketball player who is a DUMMY vs convicted murderers. Some are in Russia, some are in the US.
Who do you want where? They are still gonna keep doing what they do, let them do it around Russia. Let her be a basketball player around the US. I think
there should be a cost when she is released back into US custody. No freebies.. No next time either.

The biggest question is, did she learn anything OR did she get any cool Russian Tattoos, along with a whole new strain of Hepatitis (Hep R). I'm waiting
to hear the trauma she now suffers from being in Jail. The US still is number 1 even with that number. Incarceration. I just wish they would keep the right
ones in jail and the wrong ones out. Mental health issues / drug dependency are at the base of 50% of the incarceration and chronic homelessness.

It's to the point now if you don't separate the two, the mentally ill from blatant habitual offender, you get BOTH back on the streets, BUT the guy that should
be in a mental health facility vs a 5 time convicted felon for violence were ALL released by the same judge into the public. WHO is most likely to get SHOT,
buy a Cop? The guy with the mental health issues or the 5 time felon, committing their 6th, 7th, & 8th felonies for murder?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Like some of the other comments it's centered around well its her own fucking problem. True, but once it's one of your own than it's we gotta try and get her out.
Her sentence is one issue, her ignorance about taking CBD into Russia is separate. But you can't see that. Even if they hadn't arrested her, she was still ignorant about their laws. The sentence is far from befitting the 'crime'. Still, CBD isn't an intoxicant and with the insanely high % of Russians who are drunk all day, every day, they have no reason to point fingers at anyone and what they want in trade should be impossible. Biden needs to stand firm on that- Viktor Bout should rot but ol' Foggy Brain can't handle Putin.

What, exactly, do you mean by "One of your own"? From the same local/state area? Same family, same ethnic background? Same nationality?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Her sentence is one issue, her ignorance about taking CBD into Russia is separate. But you can't see that. Even if they hadn't arrested her, she was still ignorant about their laws. The sentence is far from befitting the 'crime'. Still, CBD isn't an intoxicant and with the insanely high % of Russians who are drunk all day, every day, they have no reason to point fingers at anyone and what they want in trade should be impossible. Biden needs to stand firm on that- Viktor Bout should rot but ol' Foggy Brain can't handle Putin.

What, exactly, do you mean by "One of your own"? From the same local/state area? Same family, same ethnic background? Same nationality?
I see her ignorance clearly and still think the sentence is ridiculous.

One of your own means friends and family.

highfigh

highfigh

I see her ignorance clearly and still think the sentence is ridiculous.

One of your own means friends and family.
You seem to be taking it more personally- are you 'friends or family'?

It's absolutely ridiculous and nobody is standing up to Russia for anything. They have a terrible human rights record, yet all we hear is people complain, then crickets from their side and "Is no problem here". Jailing someone for possession of a non-intoxicant and wanting a murderer released by the US is something that can't be tolerated and the international community has no balls.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You seem to be taking it more personally- are you 'friends or family'?
No I'm just tired of the lack of empathy until it's one of their own. YT has become as one said the Twitter of ignorance. Then they bring in her sexual identity.

highfigh

highfigh

No I'm just tired of the lack of empathy until it's one of their own. YT has become as one said the Twitter of ignorance. Then they bring in her sexual identity.
Who's to say they didn't go after her for her sexual identity? The arrest may have been for CBD, but why would they want to tarnish their stellar reputation? They don't allow the same legal protections and most Russians don't approve already- why would they want to create another human rights CF?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Today's "Russian Stuff Exploding" report is brought to you courtesy of what used to be a Russian ammunition storage facility in Belgorod:

Edit: My original post said "Russian Stuff in Ukraine Exploding" but this is actually across the border in Russia.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Is this the same one that was caused by a careless smoker? ;) :D
Could be. I'm not sure what the Russians are smoking, but it seems to be causing a lot of Russian stuff to explode.

There have been a sh*tload of reports in the last day or so of explosions and fires in Ukraine and in Russia. I'm really curious what is going on in Crimea and the airbase at Stary Oskol right now. I have not been able to confirm the reports below, so take them with a grain of salt.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Is this the same one that was caused by a careless smoker? ;) :D
Given the numerous reports of Russian troops drinking like fish I've wondered if the Ukrainian drones should just drop bottles of vodka on the Russian troops and let them incapacitate themselves.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This morning I read an interesting column in the Washington Post by David Von Drehle. He writes on international affairs. I wanted to add it to the old Russia - Ukraine thread, only to realize it had been locked. I hope my effort here to revive the subject doesn't result in the same ignorant name-calling that shut down the previous thread.

Von Drehle's column today is about the ideas of a Russian named Alexandr Dugin:
The man known as ‘Putin’s brain’ envisions the splitting of Europe – and the fall of China
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/03/22/alexander-dugin-author-putin-deady-playbook/

In his column, Von Drehle discusses a book Dugin published in 1997, "The Foundations of Geopolitics: The Geopolitical Future of Russia". He calls Dugin the "fascist prophet of maximal Russian empire". Until now, I hadn't heard of Dugin or his ideas. I found reading about it eerily familiar and even chilling. I'll quote some excerpts:
Alexander Dugin's daughter was reportedly just killed by a car bomb near Moscow. It was apparently an attempt to kill him, but he got into a different car. Alexander Dugin can be seen in the video purportedly taken at the scene.

The initial reports appear to be plausible, but there's a side of me that wonders if this is a propaganda ploy of some sort.

>>>The daughter of a far-right Russian ideologue commonly known as “Putin’s brain” for his purported influence over the Russian president’s fascist views was reportedly killed in a car bombing outside Moscow late Saturday. . . . Alexander Dugin was meant to be in the vehicle his daughter was driving but had gotten in a different one at the last second, according to Pyotr Lundstrem, a Russian violinist quoted by the outlet. . . . Investigators are reported to be viewing the explosion as a targeted hit that may have been meant for Alexander Dugin, a philosopher widely believed to be the chief architect of Vladimir Putin’s ideology of a “Russian World” and the driving force behind his aggression against Ukraine.<<<

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Alexander Dugin's daughter was reportedly just killed by a car bomb near Moscow. It was apparently an attempt to kill him, but he got into a different car. Alexander Dugin can be seen in the video purportedly taken at the scene.

The initial reports appear to be plausible, but there's a side of me that wonders if this is a propaganda ploy of some sort.

>>>The daughter of a far-right Russian ideologue commonly known as “Putin’s brain” for his purported influence over the Russian president’s fascist views was reportedly killed in a car bombing outside Moscow late Saturday. . . . Alexander Dugin was meant to be in the vehicle his daughter was driving but had gotten in a different one at the last second, according to Pyotr Lundstrem, a Russian violinist quoted by the outlet. . . . Investigators are reported to be viewing the explosion as a targeted hit that may have been meant for Alexander Dugin, a philosopher widely believed to be the chief architect of Vladimir Putin’s ideology of a “Russian World” and the driving force behind his aggression against Ukraine.<<<

It's strange of all the years Russia has been around it has never managed to secure a decent government that is for and by the people.
I don't think they can even say the words. Why do people let people like "The Putin crew" stay in power? How many revolutions do you
have to have? As corrupt as the West is it's nothing like Russian corruption. China isn't far behind.
Human rights, just stop off in Africa, the whole continent is ruled with a machete and Kalashnikovs.

When they start poisoning and blowing up each other it really should get interesting. You really know when the mechanics (hit men/women) from Ireland
start rolling in for the work. They'll blow up a whole town to get at one person. Wait until they set off a pack pack in Moscow.
No incoming and a nuclear detonation. How could they respond with a message of "Kill Putin" or hand him over with his evil doppelgangers. It could only
have happened from within, right? Like I said when the Irish mechanics get involved it's gonna be bad. Chechen's aren't anyone to sneeze at when they are
on your a$$ either. Like wolves, with guns and knives and bombs. I hear the Turks and South of US borders have some nasty crews too.

The problem is that briefcase Putin has. We need to get that to the Dalai Lama or something..

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It's strange of all the years Russia has been around it has never managed to secure a decent government that is for and by the people.
I don't think they can even say the words. Why do people let people like "The Putin crew" stay in power? How many revolutions do you
have to have? As corrupt as the West is it's nothing like Russian corruption.
This reminds me of the famous quote by Joseph de Maistre: "Every nation gets the government it deserves" which was made in the context of Russia:
  • >>>Every nation gets the government it deserves.
    • Original text:
      Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite.
    • Letter 76, on the topic of Russia's new constitutional laws (27 August 1811); published in Lettres et Opuscules. The English translation has several variations, including "Every country has the government it deserves" and "In a democracy people get the leaders they deserve." The quote is popularly misattributed to better-known commentators such as Alexis de Tocqueville and Abraham Lincoln.<<< (emphasis added).

I haven't been able to find the entire letter online. I'm not sure he meant it in the way it comes across in modern times when taken out of context.

Also, he said a lot of things that strike me as odd, so I'm not sure how much stock to put in this particular quote.

If nothing else, it's food for thought.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
have to have? As corrupt as the West is it's nothing like Russian corruption. China isn't far behind.
Human rights, just stop off in Africa, the whole continent is ruled with a machete and Kalashnikovs.

When they start poisoning and blowing up each other it really should get interesting. You really know when the mechanics (hit men/women) from Ireland
start rolling in for the work. They'll blow up a whole town to get at one person. Wait until they set off a pack pack in Moscow.
No incoming and a nuclear detonation. How could they respond with a message of "Kill Putin" or hand him over with his evil doppelgangers. It could only
have happened from within, right? Like I said when the Irish mechanics get involved it's gonna be bad. Chechen's aren't anyone to sneeze at when they are
on your a$$ either. Like wolves, with guns and knives and bombs. I hear the Turks and South of US borders have some nasty crews too.

The problem is that briefcase Putin has. We need to get that to the Dalai Lama or something..
Some reports state that an internal resistance group, the National Republican Army, was responsible for the car bomb that killed Darya Dugina:

>>>A former member of Russia’s Duma who was expelled for anti-Kremlin activities has claimed that Russian partisans were allegedly behind a car bomb which blew up the daughter of one of Vladimir Putin’s close political allies on the outskirts of Moscow.

Speaking in Kyiv, where he is based, Ilya Ponomarev alleged the explosion on Saturday evening was the work of the National Republican Army, which he claimed was an underground group working inside Russia and dedicated to overthrowing the Putin regime.

The Guardian has not verified the authenticity of Ponomarev’s claims. Russian commentators have blamed Ukraine for the attack, a claim Kyiv strongly denies. . . .
Ponomarev said partisans inside Russia were ready to conduct further similar attacks against high-profile Kremlin-connected targets, including officials, oligarchs and members of Russia’s security agencies.

The former deputy read what purported to be an NRA manifesto: “We declare President Putin a usurper of power and a war criminal who amended the Constitution, unleashed a fratricidal war between the Slavic peoples and sent Russian soldiers to certain and senseless death.

“Poverty and coffins for some, palaces for others the essence of his policy. We believe that disenfranchised people have the right to rebel against tyrants. Putin will be deposed and destroyed by us!”<<<

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Some reports state that an internal resistance group, the National Republican Army
Their getting close now. When it's the IRA, retired Spetsnaz, south American hit squads and a general bounty put on Putin's head. He will die.
When you see Segal's head on a pike along with Putin's, that's a great day, not just a good one.

Silly Rodman, You never know. If he wants to joint the effort go for it. Wind up celli's if he has a vape pin though.
I say she'll do 6-12 more months.

Closer to election time. I think Russia will magically reach its goals in Ukraine, and the big war trials begin. They will be hunting Russians Bolshevik for
the next 50 years behind this war. Putin will die. I hope there is no Russian DNA in me. LOL They have a price to pay in the modern world. The death toll,
clean up cost. The streets lined with hung Russians or worse Impaled on pikes. Vlad the Impaler, that was their idea not mine.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Their getting close now. When it's the IRA, retired Spetsnaz, south American hit squads and a general bounty put on Putin's head. He will die.
When you see Segal's head on a pike along with Putin's, that's a great day, not just a good one.

Silly Rodman, You never know. If he wants to joint the effort go for it. Wind up celli's if he has a vape pin though.
I say she'll do 6-12 more months.

Closer to election time. I think Russia will magically reach its goals in Ukraine, and the big war trials begin. They will be hunting Russians Bolshevik for
the next 50 years behind this war. Putin will die. I hope there is no Russian DNA in me. LOL They have a price to pay in the modern world. The death toll,
clean up cost. The streets lined with hung Russians or worse Impaled on pikes. Vlad the Impaler, that was their idea not mine.
Russia claims they've solved it already and, according to the FSB . . . drum roll . . . it was a Ukrainian:

>>>In its statement, the F.S.B. alleged that a Ukrainian woman had been contracted to carry out the bombing, saying that she had entered Russia on July 23 and rented an apartment in the Moscow building where Ms. Dugina lived “in order to organize the murder of Dugina and obtain information about her lifestyle.” The woman was at the same nationalist festival attended by Ms. Dugina and her father on Saturday before the bombing, the agency said. . . .

But the F.S.B. statement may be unlikely to convince critics of Mr. Putin that Ukraine was indeed behind the crime. Coming just over 36 hours after the blast, the agency’s declaration that it had “solved” the crime represented an extraordinarily rapid investigation compared to other high-profile assassinations — like those of the opposition leader Boris Nemtsov in 2015 or of the independent journalist Anna Politkovskaya in 2006, cases that remain unsolved. <<<

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08/22/world/ukraine-russia-war-news

The Ukrainian government would have almost nothing to gain by killing Daria, and they'd have plenty to lose. I really can't imagine any government would want to do it.

There's been speculation that Putin ordered the bombing in retaliation for Dugin criticizing Putin's handling of the war in Ukraine. Putin has certainly shown that he will not hesitate to kill people who cause problems for him, but I'm not sure this is the answer.

It would be awkward for the FSB to pin it on an internal group in Russia because this would show domestic weakness, but it is also somewhat awkward to pin it on Ukraine because this shows weakness with regards to security against Ukraine infiltration.

I'd guess there are militants in the middle east who resent Russia's military interventions there, but it seems like it would be difficult for them to pull this off.

It's not clear what entity would have both the motivation and the capability to do it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Russia claims they've solved it already and, according to the FSB . . . drum roll . . . it was a Ukrainian:

>>>In its statement, the F.S.B. alleged that a Ukrainian woman had been contracted to carry out the bombing, saying that she had entered Russia on July 23 and rented an apartment in the Moscow building where Ms. Dugina lived “in order to organize the murder of Dugina and obtain information about her lifestyle.” The woman was at the same nationalist festival attended by Ms. Dugina and her father on Saturday before the bombing, the agency said. . . .

But the F.S.B. statement may be unlikely to convince critics of Mr. Putin that Ukraine was indeed behind the crime. Coming just over 36 hours after the blast, the agency’s declaration that it had “solved” the crime represented an extraordinarily rapid investigation compared to other high-profile assassinations — like those of the opposition leader Boris Nemtsov in 2015 or of the independent journalist Anna Politkovskaya in 2006, cases that remain unsolved. <<<

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08/22/world/ukraine-russia-war-news

The Ukrainian government would have almost nothing to gain by killing Daria, and they'd have plenty to lose. I really can't imagine any government would want to do it.

There's been speculation that Putin ordered the bombing in retaliation for Dugin criticizing Putin's handling of the war in Ukraine. Putin has certainly shown that he will not hesitate to kill people who cause problems for him, but I'm not sure this is the answer.

It would be awkward for the FSB to pin it on an internal group in Russia because this would show domestic weakness, but it is also somewhat awkward to pin it on Ukraine because this shows weakness with regards to security against Ukraine infiltration.

I'd guess there are militants in the middle east who resent Russia's military interventions there, but it seems like it would be difficult for them to pull this off.

It's not clear what entity would have both the motivation and the capability to do it.
There are several possible scenarios, the least likely being a Ukrainian hit. As you said, they have practically nothing to gain and much to lose.

The most likely culprit would be Russian. The Kremlin couldn't admit this, because it would indicate that Russia isn't completely united behind the regime.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis