Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe not any more....we still have people in prison for simple cannabis offenses, not all federal cases either. I'd have to look up the basic penalties for importation of controlled sched 1 substances, don't believe quantity has anything to do with it still (we're still in the dark ages on this subject).
Seems there's stricter punishment for country or state-to-state importing, but if you live in said it's much less.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a bit curious to about the terms "federal trafficking" and "smuggling." Griner's spokesperson said she plead guilty in hopes of a swap. I mean having it on her was dumb, but her intent to "traffic" or "smuggle" hmmm.....I've heard players using it for injury pain and such, or recreation frankly. But the terms quoted means she'd have been dealing. Either she's really stupid, or it was for personal use.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Seems a simple possession for first timers is up to 1 year in prison and $1K fine.

"Trafficking" hashish oil first offense is not more than 20 years if over 1 kilogram. Under 1 kg is not more than 5 years. Wow, they really don't truck around.

Griner was estimated to have 1 gram. A kg is a 1000 grams. Except in places like Russia.:confused:

One woman recommended if you visit strict countries like this you bring only carry-on luggage. For me it's much simpler: I don't go there because I have too big a mouth. You'd never hear from me again.:D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Here's what Trevor Reed had to say about the sentence and the conditions in Russian prison.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Seems a simple possession for first timers is up to 1 year in prison and $1K fine.

"Trafficking" hashish oil first offense is not more than 20 years if over 1 kilogram. Under 1 kg is not more than 5 years. Wow, they really don't truck around.

Griner was estimated to have 1 gram. A kg is a 1000 grams. Except in places like Russia.:confused:

One woman recommended if you visit strict countries like this you bring only carry-on luggage. For me it's much simpler: I don't go there because I have too big a mouth. You'd never hear from me again.:D
But does anyone really think she just didn't realize it wasn't in her luggage? I know some here that use that stuff religiously it's never out of their sight of reach. I mean geez man, one's gotta check out everything going into a communist country. They'll lockup anyone just for cockeyed looking at an official. Anyone remember that poor dude who got locked up in North Korea for taking a picture off of a wall, they finally returned him and he died. I feel for the young lady but man! Check yourself before.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

For importing to the US particularly? That's not necessarily a simple possession charge....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But does anyone really think she just didn't realize it was in her luggage? I mean geez man, one's gotta check out everything going into a communist country. They'll lockup anyone just for cockeyed looking at an official. Anyone remember that poor dude who got locked up in North Korea for taking a picture off of a wall, they finally returned him and he died. I feel for the young lady but man! Check yourself before.
I'm sure she was making it up.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This is worrisome and been since the Russians brutally invaded Ukraine.

>>>Russia and Ukraine accused each other of shelling Europe's biggest nuclear power plant, compounding fears of a disaster as the U.N. chief said it should be made a demilitarised zone and Ukraine demanded that Russian forces withdraw from it.

Ukraine's Energoatom agency said the Zaporizhzhia complex in south-central Ukraine was struck five times on Thursday, including near where radioactive materials are stored. Russian-appointed officials said Ukraine shelled the plant twice, disrupting a shift changeover, Russia's TASS news agency said. …<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Good news, if proven accurate. Excluding any non-combatant civilians, of course.

>>>…The [Ukrainian] official, Anton Geraschenko, an adviser to the minister of internal affairs, said that 60 pilots and technicians had been killed and 100 people wounded when a series of explosions rocked the Saki field on Crimea’s western Black Sea coast on Tuesday. He said the conclusion was based on video evidence and intelligence data, but he offered no further details.

There has been no independent confirmation of the toll, and most experts have focused on estimating the damage to Russian military equipment. …<<<

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well then keep up. I work on 20 things at once. Not once on 20 things. A left handed thing I'm sure. Right handed understanding is always a little slow but thorough.
Righty?

Lefty?

Both?

Other? Don't ask! and NO show and tell.

We were talking about how poisonous Fentanyl is or is NOT. The fact that I've personally worked with things far worse than drug disposals or handling of drug lab
disposals. The crews bagged, tagged, documented, packed, loaded, transported, delivered and usually disposed of everything BUT radioactive waste.
I always used protection and had a proven hygiene regimen that worked. BY THE BOOK.

I was NEVER self contaminated. We worked around cyanide and H2S, PLUS ONE chemist that NEVER took a shower. He just changed tyveks. His name was "Stinky"

Time to feed the Chickens.
Well aren't you special?

highfigh

highfigh

Good news, if proven accurate. Excluding any non-combatant civilians, of course.

>>>…The [Ukrainian] official, Anton Geraschenko, an adviser to the minister of internal affairs, said that 60 pilots and technicians had been killed and 100 people wounded when a series of explosions rocked the Saki field on Crimea’s western Black Sea coast on Tuesday. He said the conclusion was based on video evidence and intelligence data, but he offered no further details.

There has been no independent confirmation of the toll, and most experts have focused on estimating the damage to Russian military equipment. …<<<

Any thoughts on why the intentional bombings of the Ukraine nuclear facility haven't been seen as an act of war against Europe, since it's likely that the radiation will reach some of those countries??

highfigh

highfigh

Thank you for your concern and empathy. :rolleyes: It's a two-part conclusion: She screwed up, but we need to try and get her out.
Where did you get the idea that I don't want the US to try to get her back? I was responding your comment "I doubt anyone here gets 9 years for what amounts to 2 vape cartridges." because that has nothing to do with what happens in Russia.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Where did you get the idea that I don't want the US to try to get her back? I was responding your comment "I doubt anyone here gets 9 years for what amounts to 2 vape cartridges." because that has nothing to do with what happens in Russia.
Like some of the other comments it's centered around well its her own fucking problem. True, but once it's one of your own than it's we gotta try and get her out.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
I dunno. Doesn't matter much. I doubt anyone here gets 9 years for what amounts to 2 vape cartridges.
They used to get 20 years for a couple of joints in Oklahoma. Some states and some drugs, still have a pretty stiff sentence.
I'm with you. That is a LONG sentence in any jail. Russia adds a whole new spin on prisons, I'm sure.

Siberia wood choppin' crew. It could be a LOT worse. Come back looking like Conan the Barbarian.
Head down, mouth shut. If she wants to talk to someone, pray and keep that to yourself.
Take up finger painting, ask Segal for some tips.

Take up basketball, ya think she might like basket ball? I bet she would be pretty good at basketball. Tattoos? That's the place.

The question is HOW LONG? Joe is pretty low in the polls. A Griner would prop his numbers a bit. OR Who ever the Dems support.
I say a little closer to the election. She will be there a while longer. 6-12 months. They will want the "OTHER" American first. Then a
month later Griner. It's all about polling. I hope Joe and his crew can keep up.

Ukraine needs to pull and Israel and quit messing around. Find Putin in his country, and steal him. Get all the tracking chips and cyanide
teeth out of his mouth and keep him on ice. Before winter really sets in would be nice too. Get control of the GAS and fuel oil and
put that back in the hands of someone that is not NUTS at least.

Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, etc. A lot of them have pipelines into the Russian supply lines. China and Korea DON'T even have
the pipe lines, from what I understand. Easily fixed I'm sure. BUT that will take some time. Time well spent with some kind of a plan
in place for the western EU, Scandinavian and OTHER countries, other than Russia.

Who has the biggest cannons ain't working in Ukraine. They will never give up, but it was a GRAIN grab, (food) FOOD supplies vs population
are close. This WAR could be the tipping point. Chairman Kim need some supply chain assurances I'm sure.

Chairman Kim is offering 100K in troops. Print a bunch of money and BUY 200K in troops for Ukraine.
When you want the war to END quit, paying them. Hire the whole bunch of Koreans and rebuild the country.
Give all the mines and $hit back along with a BILL for about 20 trillion. Putin and his buddies got that stashed
somewhere. Make him and the oligarchs crew pay up.

This boils down to being a Thief and a Liar. Stealing land and lying about the reason. It's a Russian/Bolshevik thing, I've noticed through the years.
I'm sure the regular ol run of the mill Russian is just fine, but they need to get a GRIP on the oligarch BS.
The MOB can't have NUKES, right now they do. BTW more than everyone else combine. Capone with Nukes, who would have thought.

China and Korea. India and Turkey. I'm not worried about CHINA. Turkey and India have pipelines, Nukes too.

Time to feed the chickens.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I dunno what that charge would be.

Sure can be a cold world out there sometimes.:confused:
I haven't looked it up particularly and they may have relaxed some things since my time as a Customshouse broker....reading fed regs is something I try to avoid as much as I can in retirement, tho :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You mean there is no spy on the ground there to count all the dead pilots? ;)
Very hard to replace dead jet pilots. Scouring prisons for volunteers just won't help.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Today's unexplained airport explosions are brought to you courtesy of Belarus (AKA home of the little weasel who sold out his neighbor in return for favors from Putin).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis