HALO TV series on Paramount Network

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
In the meantime we can revisit good ol' Arby n The Chief!

Those guys used to crack me up, lol.
I've never seen that. Did you ever watch Red vs Blue? I remember watching an episode or two when it first aired. Thought that was hilarious back in the day.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've never seen that. Did you ever watch Red vs Blue? I remember watching an episode or two when it first aired. Thought that was hilarious back in the day.
It's kind of in the same vein as Red vs Blue, if not even funnier. I'm surprised you're familiar with RvB and not Arby n the Chief (Mast3r ch33f as they spell it, lol.). They're Halo action figures playing your typical toxic Halo players and they use that old Microsoft man text to speech voice for their voices.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
It's kind of in the same vein as Red vs Blue, if not even funnier. I'm surprised you're familiar with RvB and not Arby n the Chief (Mast3r ch33f as they spell it, lol.). They're Halo action figures playing your typical toxic Halo players and they use that old Microsoft man text to speech voice for their voices.
I didn't really get into too much Halo stuff outside the game. Besides some RvsB. Mostly because I had friends that were obsessed with it. I only watched a few episodes. I mainly just played Multiplayer in high school and college. Those were the best days. Having 30-40 people in the dorms gaming Halo/Halo 2 multiplayer going against each other. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do agree, but you can't have a Halo show without the Halos! I suspect I'm taking Movie2099 a little too literally about the story tho.
Well, yeah, I mean keep the MAIN THEME, but they can change a few minor things if they like. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw Episode 2 of HALO last night.

As expected, it was not as exciting as the 1st episode - more about developing the story/characters. It moved the story right along and didn't waste much time. Definitely still has my interest.

Very interesting to see the faces of all five Spartans - Master Chief, Kai, Riz, Vannak and Soren.

Makee (Covenant's human Blessed One) also has my interest. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, yeah, I mean keep the MAIN THEME, but they can change a few minor things if they like. :D
Sure. Or spin off a whole new story, but keep with the main elements of what makes it Halo. I'm sure that's what they're talking about. I was just being pedantic. Of course there's nothing wrong if they want to explore some new stories. We don't need copies of what's already happened in the games.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Why make a live action adaptation and not adapt stuff? Not even the Halo theme music? Cmon'...

Disappointed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Why make a live action adaptation and not adapt stuff? Not even the Halo theme music? Cmon'...

Disappointed.
They... they don't have the original theme music..?

Oh man. That is disappointing...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I saw a free preview on YouTube. I thought it looked great, but some parts were boring. Not enough for me to get Paramount+

KillerSneak

KillerSneak

Audiophyte
I’m a bit sad Paramount+ Isn’t available in my country yet. Luckily there are other ways to see this series.

As for the low rating I think it’s just being rated low as news came out that the actors didn’t play any of the Halo games or read any of the books/lore.

ep1 was very nice to be honest. It looks and feels like Halo.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
ep1 was very nice to be honest. It looks and feels like Halo.
It really does! I watched the first episode last night. Started off a little bit slow, but once that group of Covenant Elites showed up and started shooting the place up I felt like I was in the game! So many cool little details, like the look of the heads up display inside the Spartan helmets, the way it looks when you take a few hits and even the sound it makes when shields are low and you need to take cover to let them recharge.

I don't know how they're doing it for the show, but the way the Spartans were jumping around is explained in the game as lower gravity on the Halos and planets. That's what allows for those slower, higher jumps that would likewise be impossible under earth's gravity.

Anyhoo, I liked it. I liked it a lot. They captured the look and feel of the game really well without it being just a cheesy action fest.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It really does! I watched the first episode last night. Started off a little bit slow, but once that group of Covenant Elites showed up and started shooting the place up I felt like I was in the game! So many cool little details, like the look of the heads up display inside the Spartan helmets, the way it looks when you take a few hits and even the sound it makes when shields are low and you need to take cover to let them recharge.

I don't know how they're doing it for the show, but the way the Spartans were jumping around is explained in the game as lower gravity on the Halos and planets. That's what allows for those slower, higher jumps that would likewise be impossible under earth's gravity.

Anyhoo, I liked it. I liked it a lot. They captured the look and feel of the game really well without it being just a cheesy action fest.
Of course. If it was cheesy and bad, there is no way I would even finish 15 minutes of it. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Of course. If it was cheesy and bad, there is no way I would even finish 15 minutes of it. :D
Episode 2 was pretty good too. I have some ideas where it's going with that mysterious glowy object. Likely an artifact of the Forerunners or Precursors (ancient, extinct alien races). Since they're not following the game, and they're not, this is a new story, it's hard to say. I'm also wondering if The Flood will be involved, which would be scary. Running into The Flood for the first time in the game was one of my more memorable video game experiences.

I do think the ring that they keep mentioning is a Halo. It's a gigantic spinning ring of unknown mysterious origins capable of sustaining a liveable environment with an artificial sun in the center, flora, fauna and an atmosphere. It simulates gravity by spinning and the liveable area is on the inside of the ring. Dirt, rock, mountains, lakes, rivers, plants and wildlife. No one knows who built them (well, you find out as you progress in the game) or what purpose they serve. It's part of the in game story.

6d1aic27fATlESdsB4meAOvbsByZhkPkKk0PtisEBrE_copy_819x461.jpg
PoxUIg_copy_819x460.jpg

Last edited:
B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I have mixed feelings on ep1. Very good VFX, but the first part is very weak, full of story holes, and worst part is terrible acting of all involved.
6/10 so far. Hopefully, it improves.
p.s:
Shohreh Aghdashloo is sooo much better than Shabana Azmi.
It gets better. I was concerned after Episode 1 that they were completely plagiarizing The Mandolorian, but Episode 2 sorted that out…

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I love Episode 3.

Plot/story/character development are getting deeper and more detailed.

Episode 3 works further on the character development of the 2 main characters - Master-Chief (John) and Makee.

I love seeing the 4 Spartans talking to each other and seeing all their faces, but in their Spartan armor suits. :D

The tone/mood is absolutely serious, which I love.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It gets better. I was concerned after Episode 1 that they were completely plagiarizing The Mandolorian, but Episode 2 sorted that out…
Ep 2 had its own issues. The handstamp detail was silly at best. Haven't seen Ep3 just yet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Episode 3 gives us Cortana! She looks pretty good too and seems to function just like she does in the game, tho Dr Halsey is a new twist and I can't figure out what her motives are. She's coming off as a shady bad guy, but then does some things that you'd think a good guy would do...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow. Episode 4 is amazing. Suspense. Intense. Character (John, Kai, Riz, Vannak, Soren) and plot (Halo ring) development.

Seeing Kai's development is so cool. Love it.

I have to watch Episode 4 again. Freaking awesome. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow. Episode 4 is amazing. Suspense. Intense. Character (John, Kai, Riz, Vannak, Soren) and plot (Halo ring) development.

Seeing Kai's development is so cool. Love it.

I have to watch Episode 4 again. Freaking awesome. :D
Oh cool. Gonna watch that here in just a bit. Overall I'm enjoying the show so far.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Still can't get over how much he has his helmet off!! LOL. Agree it is getting a little deeper with character development and story.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis