HALO TV series on Paramount Network

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Surprised you didn't put Picard on there, not sure if you are a Star Trek fan. Though this series does not follow the same formula
Oh I'm a Star Trek fan. Which is why you'll not see me talk about Picard or STD when talking Star Trek...

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Can relate on Picard. The original series set a high bar with me with all the original characters and mannerisms being too iconic for me to make room for the rest. I do enjoy some of the after series though.
Picard lost me the first time he said, "Make it so" from the chair. Stupid maybe but could not get over that.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Can relate on Picard. The original series set a high bar with me with all the original characters and mannerisms being too iconic for me to make room for the rest. I do enjoy some of the after series though.
Picard lost me the first time he said, "Make it so" from the chair. Stupid maybe but could not get over that.
So far I'm liking Picard. We'll see how the second season turn out. I get the impression some of the things said/done like "make it so" were tongue in cheek. I thought it was funny.

I've been trying to decide to watch Halo or not. Part of what turns me off is it's a vid-game spin-off. Makes me think it's one of those shows where action happens ad-nauseum with overall poor writing and character building. I suppose one bored night I'll play an episode.

I just had knee surgery and watched The Stand mini-series with a friend turned caretaker who read the book. IMO, it reminded me of why I quit reading S. King many moons ago - so much filler that doesn't really add to the story.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been trying to decide to watch Halo or not. Part of what turns me off is it's a vid-game spin-off. Makes me think it's one of those shows where action happens ad-nauseum with overall poor writing and character building. I suppose one bored night I'll play an episode.
I don't know how the showrunners are handling the series, but to be based on that game is not a detriment when it comes to story. It's a big universe and steeped in story and lore. The existence of the titular "Halo(s)" is in and of itself an interesting story. In the right hands there is a ton of material to make for a very good, long running show.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Picard is not your typical Star Trek. I would rate season 1 as a C+/b- series. I like the fact in season 2 they did not waste anytime getting into the story/action.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Wow. I just saw episode 1. And I want MORE. :D

PQ looks awesome. Atmos was very good.

IMDB current rating is only 6.9, which means it should be bad. But I am liking this show.
I'd give a 7/10 so far. The show is 15 years too late, but better late than never I guess. If you've played the games, they really put on the game play fanboy candy in the first episode. The story is a bit meh so far. Graphics are actually pretty good for streaming service. I will continue to watch because I was a fan of the game and want to see where they take the story.

I don't think I had the same ATMOS experience as you.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Picard is not your typical Star Trek. I would rate season 1 as a C+/b- series. I like the fact in season 2 they did not waste anytime getting into the story/action.
Yes, but part of the reason the second season is working from the get-go is the first season spent some time with pertinent character building. It does come down to what you like and why you're watching. I seem to get board of shows that have every cast member in a life and death situation, not related to the other cast members, for the entirety of every episode. After the first episode of S2 of Picard I was worried they were going to follow this formula.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'd give a 7/10 so far. The show is 15 years too late, but better late than never I guess. If you've played the games, they really put on the game play fanboy candy in the first episode. The story is a bit meh so far. Graphics are actually pretty good for streaming service. I will continue to watch because I was a fan of the game and want to see where they take the story.

I don't think I had the same ATMOS experience as you.
Well, I mean you gotta have one of the Audio Engineering Society Acoustic Room Ratios to begin with..... Ha Ha. :D :D

I wouldn't say I heard tons of overhead action, but I heard plenty enough of it.

As mentioned, there are some annoying political things about it - some actors, characters, etc. But I tried to look pass that and focus on the four Spartans. Screw everybody else. Just the Spartans. :D

Will probably be watching Episode 2 tonight and give my impression tomorrow.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I mean you gotta have one of the Audio Engineering Society Acoustic Room Ratios to begin with..... Ha Ha. :D :D

I wouldn't say I heard tons of overhead action, but I heard plenty enough of it.

As mentioned, there are some annoying political things about it - some actors, characters, etc. But I tried to look pass that and focus on the four Spartans. Screw everybody else. Just the Spartans. :D

Oh! 2 episodes now? I might watch the first 2 tonight then.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Season 01:
Ep1 Mar 24
Ep2 Mar 31
Ep3 Apr 7
Ep4 Apr 14
Ep5 Apr 21
Ep6 Apr 28
Ep7 May 5
Ep8 May 12
Ep9 May 19
Hey, waitaminit...

Does anyone else see the pattern? Every episode is exactly a week apart!

:p :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, waitaminit...

Does anyone else see the pattern? Every episode is exactly a week apart!

:p :p
Yeah, just wait a few more weeks and binge all 9 episodes. :D

I plan on binging the entire S02 of Picard once it's done.

I can't bring myself to watch the latest season of "ST Discovery" - seriously it's right there on my KODI, but I just can't start watching it. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

Hahahaha! you are so correct. I have the wrong ratios!

I was very surprised they showed Master Chiefs face right off the bat or at all. Though I did read something a while back saying this show is not taking any stuff or influence from the games (story wise).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

I was very surprised they showed Master Chiefs face right off the bat or at all. Though I did read something a while back saying this show is not taking any stuff or influence from the games (story wise).
As long as they have good writers to develop the Spartans and keep it interesting and exciting, I don't care about keeping it close to the games since I never played HALO. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

That is somewhat surprising, but Hollywood doesn't like hiding lead actors' faces, much less the actors themselves.

I don't know if it's necessarily a good thing to abandon all of the story from the main game. I mean the Halos are what it's named after and are integral to the entire story. They're integral to literally that universe!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As long as they have good writers to develop the Spartans and keep it interesting and exciting, I don't care about keeping it close to the games since I never played HALO. :D
I do agree, but you can't have a Halo show without the Halos! I suspect I'm taking Movie2099 a little too literally about the story tho.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
That is somewhat surprising, but Hollywood doesn't like hiding lead actors' faces, much less the actors themselves.

I don't know if it's necessarily a good thing to abandon all of the story from the main game. I mean the Halos are what it's named after and are integral to the entire story. They're integral to literally that universe!
I'm just glad it was a "nobody" from hollyweird under that helmet. Not like Vin Diesel or some stupid crap like that. Hahaha!

I agree, they can't abandon what the whole point of Halo is about. I will hold complete judgement until final episode. But so far 7/10 is where I stand after 1 episode.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm just glad it was a "nobody" from hollyweird under that helmet. Not like Vin Diesel or some stupid crap like that. Hahaha!

I agree, they can't abandon what the whole point of Halo is about. I will hold complete judgement until final episode. But so far 7/10 is where I stand after 1 episode.
In the meantime we can revisit good ol' Arby n The Chief!

Those guys used to crack me up, lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis