Apple TV App & Paramount+ Issue when traveling in a region outside their delivery area

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was at World AI Summit Americas in Montreal Canada this past week and tried to stream the last episode of Picard.

• Note that this is only for the AppleTV+ App and NOT the Apple TV Streaming Hardware
  • I subscribed to Paramount+ through the AppleTV+ App and it's listed under that location.
  • When I went to watch Picard I received the Message "This video isn't available to watch in the country or region you're current in"
I came back home to the US and, unfortunately, I was still getting the same message and now I am unable to watch the paramount+ app through the AppleTV+ App Ecosystem.

Spent 1 hour with Paramount+ and they got it to work outside the AppleTV App
  • I.E instead of going to the AppleTV+ Apple, selecting "Whats On" and clicking on the paramount+ icon, I can go to my AppleTV Hardware, Ipad, Iphone, etc and go to the app store and download the Paramount+ on its own, log in and be able to watch TV and movies.
  • The issue is only related to the AppleTV+ App. There is no known resolution, Apple and Paramount+ are pointing fingers at each other
  • Spent another hour with AppleTV support and while they were helpful, all there settings were correct and they simply stated that there is not a solution and its an issue between Paramount and Apple.
Lesson learned if you want to watch the Paramount+ App and travel, it is probably best to download the app separately to your Apple device or Android TV and not through the AppleTV+ App.

Just trying to give the 411 and help anyone else who may have expereinced the issue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis