HALO TV series on Paramount Network

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow. I just saw episode 1. And I want MORE. :D

PQ looks awesome. Atmos was very good.

IMDB current rating is only 6.9, which means it should be bad. But I am liking this show.

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Wow. I just saw episode 1. And I want MORE. :D

PQ looks awesome. Atmos was very good.

IMDB current rating is only 6.9, which means it should be bad. But I am liking this show.
I definitely want to check it out. It's gotta have stunning visuals and sound I figure.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have mixed feelings on ep1. Very good VFX, but the first part is very weak, full of story holes, and worst part is terrible acting of all involved.
6/10 so far. Hopefully, it improves.
p.s:
Shohreh Aghdashloo is sooo much better than Shabana Azmi.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
How do you get Atmos on Paramount? All I ever get is 2 channel.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've seen the trailers and am so familiar with the source material. I knew it was gonna be good. I almost watched ep 1 last night but I might wait until there are 3 or 4 and binge it. Super stoked for this series.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have mixed feelings on ep1. Very good VFX, but the first part is very weak, full of story holes, and worst part is terrible acting of all involved.
6/10 so far. Hopefully, it improves.
p.s:
Shohreh Aghdashloo is sooo much better than Shabana Azmi.
I'd be shocked if the vfx weren't good, lol. I can forgive some crappy acting for good vfx.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I'd be shocked if the vfx weren't good, lol. I can forgive some crappy acting for good vfx.
So you probably liked the Dune movie. :)

Not sure how many streaming services I can pay for but will do a free trial at some point with Paramount to see this show. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You mean the new one?

Yes I do like it, but I didn't think the acting was horrible in it. Josh Brolin did great as Gurney. Timothée Chalamet held his own as the lead and Oscar Isaac is good in almost anything he's in. And Jason Momoa... er, meh, lol. Still, there's a lot worse acting out there for sure tho. I think it's the best translation from book to screen we've had so far.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
You mean the new one?

Yes I do like it, but I didn't think the acting was horrible in it. Josh Brolin did great as Gurney. Timothée Chalamet held his own as the lead and Oscar Isaac is good in almost anything he's in. And Jason Momoa... er, meh, lol. Still, there's a lot worse acting out there for sure tho. I think it's the best translation from book to screen we've had so far.
Ya think my hopes were too high. Brolin always does good.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
How dare they show Master Cheif's face.!!!!!!

I liked the show, but the special effects are a bit on the cheesy side.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I liked the show, but the special effects are a bit on the cheesy side.
"Liked"? As in past tense, as in the whole season is available now? I've been waiting so I can binge a few in a row instead of waiting a week for each episode.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's me right there. I forgave a few annoyances for the totally bada$$ visual and sound effects.

I don't know anything about this HALO video game franchise. But the 1st episode has an interesting enough plot for me to want more.

I definitely want to know more about the SPARTANS. I don't care about the other characters. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Not sure how many streaming services I can pay for but will do a free trial at some point with Paramount to see this show. :)
4 series on Paramount Network I love:
Yellowstone (Taylor Sheridan)
1883 (Taylor Sheridan)
Mayor of Kingstown (Taylor Sheridan)
Halo

It seems like all the Taylor Sheridan series are on Paramount Network. So I assume the upcoming Taylor Sheridan series will also be on Paramount Network: Tulsa King, 1932, Bass Reeves, Lioness, Land-Man.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's me right there. I forgave a few annoyances for the totally bada$$ visual and sound effects.

I don't know anything about this HALO video game franchise. But the 1st episode has an interesting enough plot for me to want more.

I definitely want to know more about the SPARTANS. I don't care about the other characters. :D
It's a very long running, revered video game franchise steeped in story and lore. In the right hands there's a lot there for a series. There's a great story already baked into the game. It's one of the reasons it became so popular.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How dare they show Master Cheif's face.!!!!!!
Why? Don't they show his face in the HALO video games? :D

I am glad they showed his face. I was worried it was gonna be another "Mandalorian". :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
"Liked"? As in past tense, as in the whole season is available now? I've been waiting so I can binge a few in a row instead of waiting a week for each episode.
Liked the first episode, thank you for the correction.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Why? Don't they show his face in the HALO video games? :D

I am glad they showed his face. I was worried it was gonna be another "Mandalorian". :D
It was a big deal in the media and for those who played the game. Master Chief never shows his face. I remember buying the first Xbox w/Halo not even knowing what it was. I put it in on the AM, and stopped playing for a bit by dinner time. That game was the best shooter to ever hit a console. I am older and not as much into it now, but it had a great story.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
4 series on Paramount Network I love:
Yellowstone (Taylor Sheridan)
1883 (Taylor Sheridan)
Mayor of Kingstown (Taylor Sheridan)
Halo

It seems like all the Taylor Sheridan series are on Paramount Network. So I assume the upcoming Taylor Sheridan series will also be on Paramount Network: Tulsa King, 1932, Bass Reeves, Lioness, Land-Man.
Surprised you didn't put Picard on there, not sure if you are a Star Trek fan. Though this series does not follow the same formula

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Surprised you didn't put Picard on there, not sure if you are a Star Trek fan. Though this series does not follow the same formula
Well, I haven't seen the 2nd season of Picard yet. Will see. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis