What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Installed new speaker stands today and tried to clean up some of the cabling by mounting the surge protectors under the desk. Also added carpet spikes to my chairmat because it kept sliding around :D

Previous stands were IsoAcoustics ISO-155 and new ones are Gator Frameworks clamp on studio monitor stands.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Well, after my two Sons, 35 and 43 year's of age, and my two oldest grandson's both 10 year's of age have been egging me on to join them in the world of video gaming I've made the jump to PS4. Picked up PS4 limited edition, alone with my first game.
IMG_20220216_055448929_HDR~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220216-053106~3.png

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Have a coupla their knives, so extended satisfaction to this and really like it so far, a nice substantial pan that so far is seasoning up nicely....

Nice and that is a good price. I have a set of the Made-in carbon steel and a few other pans and knives from them. Good stuff albeit a bit pricy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, after my two Sons, 35 and 43 year's of age, and my two oldest grandson's both 10 year's of age have been egging me on to join them in the world of video gaming I've made the jump to PS4. Picked up PS4 limited edition, alone with my first game.
View attachment 53876
View attachment 53877
PS5 MAN! I didn't think it would be a big improvement over the PS4, but it IS. Controller is much better as well and unfortunately, can't use them on the PS4. I have an older PS4 in my bedroom setup still since it does not support 4K (I have an original day 1 PS4), but it does seem to support HDR. No Atmos support though.

I also found out the PS5 supports Atmos. It says that it does not currently, however with a few audio settings, it works with 4K movies. I verified last night with a movie. I will have to check a few games that claim to have Atmos today.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My son is a PC gamer so I've been able to resist the Playstation upgrade for now. :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
PS5 MAN! I didn't think it would be a big improvement over the PS4, but it IS. Controller is much better as well and unfortunately, can't use them on the PS4. I have an older PS4 in my bedroom setup still since it does not support 4K (I have an original day 1 PS4), but it does seem to support HDR. No Atmos support though.

I also found out the PS5 supports Atmos. It says that it does not currently, however with a few audio settings, it works with 4K movies. I verified last night with a movie. I will have to check a few games that claim to have Atmos today.
Can you even find PS5?

Dunno, I looked into the newest console generation and just haven't seen any GAMES that make me want to move ahead yet. My XBOX One has done what I need. I do like that the controllers from the XBONE generation are compatible with the new XBOX Series S/X--Which becomes important when you drop some coin on a nice fight stick.

Then, I recently got an OLED Nintendo Switch :cool:

Several Switch exclusive games that I have been wanting to play. I know Nintendo tends to lag behind with the raw technical specs, but they make up for it with games that are actually different and FUN!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Oh that's coming PS5, pickup this PS4 at GameStop 2nd hand for 199.00 plus tax.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Can you even find PS5?

Dunno, I looked into the newest console generation and just haven't seen any GAMES that make me want to move ahead yet. My XBOX One has done what I need. I do like that the controllers from the XBONE generation are compatible with the new XBOX Series S/X--Which becomes important when you drop some coin on a nice fight stick.

Several Switch exclusive games that I have been wanting to play. I know Nintendo tends to lag behind with the raw technical specs, but they make up for it with games that are actually different and FUN!
Oh I found one,PS5 800 bucks! I'm going wait till all the scalpers are done.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Can you even find PS5?

I was able to get 2 of them in Dec. for our food drive raffle - at face value. Still hard to get, but they can be found. First one took only about a week, the second one took about 2 weeks to get.

I took a look at the OLED switch. I didn't think it would be that big of an improvement, but it actually is. I typically don't use it hand held so I still don't have a need for one lol, but it is a lot nicer than expected.

Oh I found one,PS5 800 bucks! I'm going wait till all the scalpers are done.
I refuse to pay crazy prices. I might be willing to pay like $40 over, but not $100-200 over.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice and that is a good price. I have a set of the Made-in carbon steel and a few other pans and knives from them. Good stuff albeit a bit pricy.
Yeah the discounts available have kept the prices more on the reasonable side...

M

Madhuski

Audioholic
Primarily driven by covid (work being busy, not taking flights for a while) we finally pulled the trigger on a ski cabin.

B83111DD-E77B-47DF-BBD5-12FA0FF34CFA.jpeg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I was able to get 2 of them in Dec. for our food drive raffle - at face value. Still hard to get, but they can be found. First one took only about a week, the second one took about 2 weeks to get.

I took a look at the OLED switch. I didn't think it would be that big of an improvement, but it actually is. I typically don't use it hand held so I still don't have a need for one lol, but it is a lot nicer than expected.

I refuse to pay crazy prices. I might be willing to pay like $40 over, but not $100-200 over.
Don't feed the scalpers!

If everybody would take that stance, and these scumbags get stuck with $10k of inventory they can't move, this problem just goes away.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Well some AH members may know what it's like living in apartment's. The Central AC went out back 2 months ago, but going all the way back 2 years that I've been living here, I've had to call the owner more than a half a dozen times to have him come put Freon in AC unit. The compressor finally went out the whole unit needs to be changed including evaporator core up in the attic. So I'm not expecting my slumlord to replace the whole central unit that's going to probably cost close to 10 grand or more. So I had to pickup a small window unit.
I'll be putting two more in soon. This one went in my bedroom so. It got real crispy in there last night.
IMG_20220216_164249432~2.jpg

bluefirestarter

bluefirestarter

Audiophyte
I decided to upgrade my old Infinity Beta speakers to some Martin Logans.
Motion 60 XTI for the front
Motion 50 XTI for the center
Motion 20i for the rear surround
Two SVS PC-4000's coming Monday.
My poor Yamaha A1070 doesn't seem up to the task. Trying to decide what to replace it with...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I decided to upgrade my old Infinity Beta speakers to some Martin Logans.
Motion 60 XTI for the front
Motion 50 XTI for the center
Motion 20i for the rear surround
Two SVS PC-4000's coming Monday.
My poor Yamaha A1070 doesn't seem up to the task. Trying to decide what to replace it with...
That should be nice rig.

Does your 1070 have pre-outs? You could always switch up and put the Front 3 on an external amp.
Replacing a working AVR right now is still a bit of a fools errand. You should hang tight, if you can, until the 2022 machines comes out and see how they fare. They should be better than the current crop. *finger crossed ;)

(Not to say the current crop is bad, but everything is still suffering to some extent from the past couple years.)

bluefirestarter

bluefirestarter

Audiophyte
That should be nice rig.

Does your 1070 have pre-outs? You could always switch up and put the Front 3 on an external amp.
Replacing a working AVR right now is still a bit of a fools errand. You should hang tight, if you can, until the 2022 machines comes out and see how they fare. They should be better than the current crop. *finger crossed ;)

(Not to say the current crop is bad, but everything is still suffering to some extent from the past couple years.)
I want to wait on a new AVR until there are more HDMI 2.1 units out there (I need at least three ports.) I was looking at a VTV amp to help but my Yamaha has some low voltage issue with the pre-outs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis