Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

C

chapp

Audioholic
I have an Auro 3d demo disc which I played using the 7.1.4 test signals. These were output to the respective channels without any issues. I also played some of the demo material and could hear sound from all the channels. 11 plus subwoofer. However, I did notice that the Yamaha showed that the signal was DTSHDMA... AURO 3d. The A8A did not output to Auro 3d if the format was "Straight" or "Auto". You have to change it to Auro 3d manually using the "Surround button" on the remote. You can use the Musiccast App to do this, too. To use the Auro 3d mix settings, you'll have to use the Musiccast app. I have not noticed any settings on the A8A directly.
Can someone confirm that the A8A indicates DTSHDMA...Auro 3d when playing a native Auro 3d disc like the Demo disc (Auro 3d).
I will try to discover what else is included in this firmware. I hope the other bugs have been displaced.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think the most recent update is for Auro. I will check later this week.

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
Just tried an experiment. Turned off the front speakers (put them on seperate amp for this test) and played Dolby 5.1 and 2.0 (though surround encoded) programmes. Using Dolby there was just a slight murmor coming from the heights. With the Auro 3D setting there were clear sounds from the heights, including vocals. So something is happening, though if it is right or not I don't know. :)

Will see if I prefer it.

Edit: 5.1 I'm watching now has no dialogue on the front heights, only music and effects. ??

Last edited:
D

Dezed

Enthusiast
I can report that Dolby vision on nvidia shield is fixed! No black screen and no options menu toggle required.

unfortunately Dolby atmos on PC is not fixed yet.

hbo max streaming audio dropouts are fixed as well.

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Also, is there any compromise for Atmos vs. Auro 3D speaker configuration? If a system is set-up with presence layer rather than ceiling speakers, would this affect Atmos negatively?

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Is there any local or global list of Auro 3D available content?
There's a Facebook group...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Also, is there any compromise for Atmos vs. Auro 3D speaker configuration? If a system is set-up with presence layer rather than ceiling speakers, would this affect Atmos negatively?
I’ve seen claims of putting top front (for example) as wall mounted up high at the ceiling with decent results.
I think as in all things audio, when it comes to layout, trying to follow best practice as best we can, while allowing for some necessary compromises, is allowable.
When I install atmos, it will likely be with “side heights” in place of overhead in-ceiling speakers.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
The firmware update took maybe three minutes. But what a mess. When I press on display information I simply lose the sound and it’s then the tv that plays the sound. On the edge to return my Yamaha if they are releasing such updates. It’s not like they didn’t taken their time. My amp s basically not working

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
My music plays for 5s on the amp, and then stop and plays on the tv instead of the amp and speakers. Wtf Yamaha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis