Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
1$ is 1.24cad then taxes and custom fees...
Is there any HDMI cable that would be compatible for a lot less money? Please tell me yes, I cringe at the thought of paying 100 bucks for on cable.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yet, if we create our own realities... then anything I create IS true! ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!". That was Adam Savage and one of my favorite quotes.

That's where it's important to have independant confirmation. If you're the only one experiencing your reality you might run into some issues. That doesn't however, solve the problem of hard solipsism. There's no way to prove you're not just a brain in a vat. In which case I'm just a figment of your imagination and this conversation is you talking to yourself...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Is there any HDMI cable that would be compatible for a lot less money? Please tell me yes, I cringe at the thought of paying 100 bucks for on cable.
If you need to go the way of ruipro, don't look for cheap. Just get ruipro. They are considered the standard for hybrid cables necessary for performing at longer distances.
I don't know what Old&Slow has... that seems exorbitant! ;)

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
If you need to go the way of ruipro, don't look for cheap. Just get ruipro. They are considered the standard for hybrid cables necessary for performing at longer distances.
It's a Fiber Command 100 feet with also an ethernet cat 7 cable

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks bro, I can Google it, but they make shorter right? Say 15ft..I may get a PS5 next year. But a 65" OLED that has 2.1 for sure.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
But didn't you recently find that even with that cable you were having problems?
Yes, I think it wasn't expensive enough to properly work XD
It acts as an antenna as the cable is following electric wires for plugs and heaters... I think I hear the heater pulses in my subwoofers.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks bro, I can Google it, but they make shorter right? Say 15ft..I may get a PS5 next year. But a 65" OLED that has 2.1 for sure.
For 15'... you probably do not need a hybrid cable, no need to spend that much. I would likely start here:
or

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
For 15'... you probably do not need a hybrid cable, no need to spend that much. I would likely start here:
or
Sweet!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, I think it wasn't expensive enough to properly work XD
It acts as an antenna as the cable is following electric wires for plugs and heaters... I think I hear the heater pulses in my subwoofers.
Lol, XD? Wait what? IMax HXD?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Interesting question.
Andrew wants to know, he's busy at work, 64dB which channel? And if you guys know, if Gene ran those test with or without fans on top. Cause Andrew said if Gene ran the test without fans on top, than the 64dB really is gonna be more like 94dB with fans on top :D

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I recognized your philosophical approach to audio and it triggered the philosophy nerd in me.
Hahaha, thank you! Every little helps in these challenging times. It's good to be inspired by humans behind the narrative about machines.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Andrew wants to know, he's busy at work, 64dB which channel? And if you guys know, if Gene ran those test with or without fans on top. Cause Andrew said if Gene ran the test without fans on top, than the 64dB really is gonna be more like 94dB with fans on top :D
The unit has its own little fan on the top of the board. It is a tiny little thing, like butterfly's wings :D
IMG_1107.jpg

Last edited:
Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
Surprise! There are three fans inside the Yamaha RX-A8A! If you want to see the complete teardown, here is the video.

1638915657173.png

The first fan is above the processor. But where are the other two?

1638915691595.png

The other two are below the power transformer. Watch the video for complete teardown. It is not mine but I found it very interesting though I do not understand Korean.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis