Incongruous media coverage of Rittenhouse vs actual testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The Arbery case and this one are for sure very different, and I hope the Arbery case ends with all convicted of homicide. Whether the black man was doing wrong or not, he surely didn't deserve to pay with his life.
It isn't gonna end well for those 3 vigilantes. They'll get what they deserve, guilty. I'm sure you guys watched the same videos I watched. This incident isn't any where's near like the other one. Both are clear cut. That kid was being attacked by multiple mob vigilantes, the dude running was attacked and murdered by 3 vigilantes. With the way things are, I wouldn't go anywhere I'm not familiar with the area. A few years ago I was walking though a townhome complex it was a short cut to where I live. Out of no where's this woman called out to me, asking what I was doing here. I turned looked at her said I'm just walking though to get to where I live, which was right behind those townhomes. If looks could have killed I'd be dead. Yeah she was a white woman and I'm a white man. Some people feel entitlement and they feel empowered by it. Just watch your 6 guys no matter where your at, especially in public.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
and going forward hopefully the kid(and his parents) have learned a lesson ..........
Yeah, the way I look at it, they both got a Target on their backs for the rest of their lifes. The things people do that can cause someone to lose their life just boggles my mind.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It isn't gonna end well for those 3 vigilantes. They'll get what they deserve, guilty. I'm sure you guys watched the same videos I watched. This incident isn't any where's near like the other one. Both are clear cut they. That kid was being attacked by multiple mob vigilantes, the dude running was attacked and murdered by 3 vigilantes. With the way things are, I wouldn't go anywhere I'm not familiar with the area. A few years ago I was walking though a townhome complex it was a short cut to where I live. Out of no where's this woman called out to me, asking what I was doing here. I turned looked at her said I'm just walking though to get to where I live, which was right behind those townhomes. If looks could have killed I'd be dead. Yeah she was a white woman and I'm a white man. Some people feel entitlement and they feel empowered by it. Just watch your 6 guys no matter where your at, especially in public.
I had this exact same thing happen when I used to live downtown I was walking my dog just minding my own business and these 3 ladies were just tripping. I tried patiently explaining I was just walking my dog but man they kept piling on I finally lost my temper and was pretty harsh with them felt so bad about it after even though I was in the right to defend myself as I was walking back home I stopped by to apologize. I hate conflicts

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I keep finding myself wishing that Kyle Rittenhouse has to serve 10 consecutive terms in Marine Boot Camp, if he can do it without crying. The Marine Corps will make him wish that military assault rifles never existed.

And his mom should do Boot Camp 20× over.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I had this exact same thing happen when I used to live downtown I was walking my dog just minding my own business and these 3 ladies were just tripping. I tried patiently explaining I was just walking my dog but man they kept piling on I finally lost my temper and was pretty harsh with them felt so bad about it after even though I was in the right to defend myself as I was walking back home I stopped by to apologize. I hate conflicts
I don't like confrontation either especially in public. I know and you know it can get out of hand quick. I should've mentioned that woman walked up to me like 1ft away from my face, if I hadn't diffuse the situation and got cocky with her I'm sure she would've went off on me, maybe call the cops and say I threatened her or something.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I keep finding myself wishing that Kyle Rittenhouse has to serve 10 consecutive terms in Marine Boot Camp, if he can do it without crying. The Marine Corps will make him wish that military assault rifles never existed.

Honestly if I was on trial for my life I'd be crying too. I'm not too proud to admit that. I'd be crying like a big ol baby

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Did you serve?
Yes I served, 4 years in the Navy. That's why I'm certain that anyone who served knows how dangerous and destructive firearms are. They all recognize Rittenhouse as a reckless and irresponsible fool – playing at being a soldier. Instead of playing at it, he should join up, but I'm not sure the Marine Corps would have someone like him.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Yes I served, 4 years in the Navy. That's why I'm certain that anyone who served knows how dangerous and destructive firearms are. They all recognize Rittenhouse as a reckless and irresponsible fool – playing at being a soldier. Instead of playing at it, he should join up, but I'm not sure the Marine Corps would have someone like him.
All respect and thanks for your service, I have multiple friends very close to me that served; mostly navy and marine corps...a very few special ops sight unseen stories untold. However imho sending this kid to learn a "lesson" on guns via marine corps is a poor and reckless thought. No one ever wants to use one, it's shoot to kill. Was he reckless in being where he was? Can argue yes. Were others reckless being where they were? Can argue yes. This has turned into yet another could have-should have-would have story while avoiding the facts at hand. His parents; those who choose to, can claim they are irresponsible but that is 100% irrelevant given the scenario at play. My opinion, again my opinion, he fled, he avoided, he was a minor, yet no one brings up the other party (who were not minors, YET they should have had a better mind/choice; if playing maturity card) and they consistently tracked/harassed this 'minor' with an 'assault weapon'. Play stupid games...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
and going forward hopefully the kid(and his parents) have learned a lesson ..........
The lesson is that it's fine to bring an assault rifle to demonstrations, so the BLM movement should take notice and come armed to the teeth when protesting.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Yep. Running on the spot while holding that rifle over your head is not just something you see in the movies. Having to clean it every frickin' day - whether it had been fired, or not - gets old, fast. And, it was never clean enough.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

MIlitary boot camp, or a fat camp type?

I vote for both, just on principle.

highfigh

highfigh

As this case progressed and I read or heard the comments from people who are either gung ho "He shoulda killed more!", "Great! Finally, a good guy with a gun was able to protect himself!" or the opposite side, who thinks this verdict shows that "America is a racist craphole because a White guy was able to do this but a Black guy would have been shot on sight", I kept thinking that there are plenty of ways to use a rifle to put someone on the ground without killing them- jam the muzzle into their abdomen and they won't be standing for long. Same with ramming the butt into their face, nuts, forehead, etc.

OTOH, and I'm not going to take the time to watch the long versions of the videos, I would like to know exactly how far Grosskreutz walked/ran to reach Rittenhouse before raising his gun. I did see the guy with the skateboard run toward him but haven't watched the other who was shot & killed. Did they approach simply because he was carrying a rifle? That would be stupid. Did they think that he was a soft little boy who wouldn't shoot?

None of this needed to happen. I saw a headline showing that Rittenhouse plane to move out of the area and that he'll be appearing on Tucker Carlson Monday- I guess we'll be able to see what an idiot he really is.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The lesson is that it's fine to bring an assault rifle to demonstrations, so the BLM movement should take notice and come armed to the teeth when protesting.
This wasn't a protest or demonstration. This was bedlam, anarchy, chaos that was going on. Tell you what I'll purchase you a plane ticket and plop you down in the middle of the next 'demonstration'.

jinjuku

jinjuku

As this case progressed and I read or heard the comments from people who are either gung ho "He shoulda killed more!", "Great! Finally, a good guy with a gun was able to protect himself!" or the opposite side, who thinks this verdict shows that "America is a racist craphole because a White guy was able to do this but a Black guy would have been shot on sight", I kept thinking that there are plenty of ways to use a rifle to put someone on the ground without killing them- jam the muzzle into their abdomen and they won't be standing for long. Same with ramming the butt into their face, nuts, forehead, etc.
I say you just shoot them in the leg... They do it in the movies all the time. Also they teach it in the military and at police academy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
To reach the acquittal they must have had to take away all weapons charges. Otherwise a not guilty verdict with some type of weapons misdemeanor is a little confusing albeit still acting in self-defense. Still there's the image on Drudge of acquitted with him hold an AK like he's a soldier LOL.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would be willing to guarantee that if KR was black and this happened, the outcome would have been completely different, if not disastrous.
Of course, that what the whole BLM movement is about.

highfigh

highfigh

I say you just shoot them in the leg... They do it in the movies all the time. Also they teach it in the military and at police academy.
That would just bring a lawsuit for injury and disability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis