Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
That's pretty expensive $899 & most likely a problematic HDMI board
Yeah, wonder if Yamaha updated the 2.1 issues. Still not much out there as of right now. Hopefully this is a good sign more are coming in.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Amazon has 7 Yamaha V6A and 16 A2A as of last night.
Yet again I don't mind spending more but my main concern is if the dreaded HDMI board is an up dated one. Costco has a very decent return policy 90 days but Amazon NOT so great.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yet again I don't mind spending more but my main concern is if the dreaded HDMI board is an up dated one. Costco has a very decent return policy 90 days but Amazon NOT so great.
HDMI issues have been the problem with all manufacturers of avrs going back to 2011 till now. One would think with the history of HDMI issues the manufacturers of AVRS would know better by now. Yep 900 bucks for a black box that only produces sound or video would do what it was designed to do.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
900 bucks for a black box that only produces sound or video would do what it was designed to do.
Whoever buys 2020 models, V4, V6 and A2A, will have them operate at 18 Gbps until they apply for a free board replacment and wait for new boards whose ports will operate at 24 Gbps.

M

MOfromtn

Audiophyte
I have a RX-Z9 Yamaha and have been trying to get my ducks in a row. I have owned Klipsch Lascala's and loved them and at the same time I found a 5.1 Bose cubes at a pawn shop for like $100. Well for Classic Rock I want the LaScallas which were industrial speakers I was told at the time. (found out sanding them they belonged to Toto at one time) When I heard T-Rex step his first foot down on Jurassic Park I knew I found what I wanted for my sound. I want to know if the Bose cubes as small as they are can handle the 170 watts to the back and side channels.

Attachments

R

Rare80s

Audiophyte
This is not a review. It's extended description of features we already know about from Yamaha'a published specs, dressed in nice language. The only part that could have a semblence of "review" is testing subjective listening experience, which was done with three audio sources.

Genuine review of any product includes robust testing with objective instruments - power delivery, board features, such as HDMI 2.1, noise level on inputs, distortion, heat measuments, etc. Gene, Amir and several other audio professionals indeed carry out some of those measuments. Besides, no audio tech outlet or magazine is able to carry out a proper review until we see ALL features working correctly, especially HDMI 2.1 video features that have crippled those receivers for more than a year.
ohhhh geee right forgive me, like I didn't know that, its simply more information that i have received up to this date on the amp as im expecting mine anyday , hopefully someone found it useful.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ohhhh geee right forgive me, like I didn't know that, its simply more information that i have received up to this date on the amp as im expecting mine anyday , hopefully someone found it useful.
It's cool. I'm sure others found your info helpful. :)

So when is the expected shipping date for your awesome RX-A8?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't been able to get ANY Yamaha to sell.

Denon/Marantz are backorder like crazy. But at least I've been able to sell some AV8805A, AV7706, X8500HA, X6700H and X4700H.

But with Yamaha ----- just NOTHING to sell.

So we will see when someone actually gets their first Yamaha A4, A6 and A8. It'll be like winning a price or something. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't been able to get ANY Yamaha to sell.

Denon/Marantz are backorder like crazy. But at least I've been able to sell some AV8805A, AV7706, X8500HA, X6700H and X4700H.

But with Yamaha ----- just NOTHING to sell.

So we will see when someone actually gets their first Yamaha A4, A6 and A8. It'll be like winning a price or something. :D
In all of my 45 years in this hobby, never seen anything like this. General motors, on a side note, closing up some of its plants. Yep, chip shortage..

TheLamonster

TheLamonster

Audioholic Intern
I ordered my A8 thru Best Buy because they're the only authorized retailer in my area (Missouri) and it shipped today :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I ordered my A8 thru Best Buy because they're the only authorized retailer in my area (Missouri) and it shipped today :)
Keep us updated. :D

Got your UPS or FedEx tracking number? :D

You might be the first if it is true.

TheLamonster

TheLamonster

Audioholic Intern
Keep us updated. :D

Got your UPS or FedEx tracking number? :D

You might be the first if it is true.
Will do. And yes, I do have a tracking number!

The first A8 I saw in the wild was Techno Dad a few days ago lol. There are several people on the AVS Forum thread that have had their Best Buy order shipped today and yesterday.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Will do. And yes, I do have a tracking number!

The first A8 I saw in the wild was Techno Dad a few days ago lol. There are several people on the AVS Forum thread that have had their Best Buy order shipped today and yesterday.
Definitely good news.

@Replicant 7, there is hope yet. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis