What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Growing up as a teenager is when I 1st saw it. I must have had 20 or so traffic tickets. $45 to $60 a pop to a lawyer and never even went to court for them. 3 more serious cases showed me the light. A more expensive reckless driving charge. Paid the lawyer. Went to court and the lawyer and Judge talked like they were setting up a lunch date or something. Get a fine and PBJ. next case was a Civil case which was open and shut so I represented myself with my mom as a witness. Even though I had proof I was in Phoenix when the incident in question happened I didn't have a lawyer and lost. Another incident where I was in a serious accident in Crowley, TX. 55 mph highway had an old nonreflictive stop sign and I got t-boned at an intersection with a history of accidents. He was representing a bunch of clients, had a good case, and obviously knew some State officials. State elections happen. Anne Richard's won and the State officials changed and his case fell apart.

Just some of my early experiences with the system.

Now 30 years later after seeing the inner workings of the Federal and State government bureaucracy I see it all for what it is.

The revolving door in our criminal Justice system is a massive money and jobs maker. People would be amazed if their was a legit study on it, repeat and habitual offenders, and the money involved. Basically it's not profitable or sustainable to prosecute the law to it's fullest and unlike the prison system argument it's a soft area to hide all this waste.

Take firearm violence. If firearm laws were actually enforced in the courts firearm violence would drop immediately but a lot of lawyers and even State judges and officials may be looking for work. Crime is profitable to them.
Boggles the mind that you where allowed to keep your driver license as you are clearly unfit to have it.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
Boggles the mind that you where allowed to keep your driver license as you are clearly unfit to have it.
Were clearly unfit...

That's the system though which has hundreds of thousands of habitual violent offenders who serve minimum sentences if any at all.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic

This is a good example of what I'm talking about this is the type of research and the type of conversations we need to be having about complex social situations like BLM or January 6th or a lot of other issues for that matter

We need better conversations and more empathy on both sides

Unfortunately politics and the news ain't were your going to get it. It's got to start with us the people living in it. The communities themselves

Take a look at that link tell me what you think bro
Interesting video. Will have to finish the 2nd half later. I do not like how the 1st guy put his lower use of force datasets together though. The demographics of the areas taken from and reasoning for the encounters are completely left out of the equation.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
Was your driver license revoked?

WTF has that to do with your unfitness to have a drivers license?
Nope. No points on my license except for I pled down on the reckless driving to 1 point infraction.

The original discussion was about the court system not me being a dumbass.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Growing up as a teenager is when I 1st saw it. I must have had 20 or so traffic tickets. $45 to $60 a pop to a lawyer and never even went to court for them. 3 more serious cases showed me the light. A more expensive reckless driving charge. Paid the lawyer. Went to court and the lawyer and Judge talked like they were setting up a lunch date or something. Get a fine and PBJ. next case was a Civil case which was open and shut so I represented myself with my mom as a witness. Even though I had proof I was in Phoenix when the incident in question happened I didn't have a lawyer and lost. Another incident where I was in a serious accident in Crowley, TX. 55 mph highway had an old nonreflictive stop sign and I got t-boned at an intersection with a history of accidents. He was representing a bunch of clients, had a good case, and obviously knew some State officials. State elections happen. Anne Richard's won and the State officials changed and his case fell apart.

Just some of my early experiences with the system.

Now 30 years later after seeing the inner workings of the Federal and State government bureaucracy I see it all for what it is.

The revolving door in our criminal Justice system is a massive money and jobs maker. People would be amazed if their was a legit study on it, repeat and habitual offenders, and the money involved. Basically it's not profitable or sustainable to prosecute the law to it's fullest and unlike the prison system argument it's a soft area to hide all this waste.

Take firearm violence. If firearm laws were actually enforced in the courts firearm violence would drop immediately but a lot of lawyers and even State judges and officials may be looking for work. Crime is profitable to them.
So, when the lawyers and judges are "looking for work" do they just look up some people in the phone book and call them and say "Hey, I really need some work, would you mind if I represent you on some fictitious things I just made up and bill you $10,000 a month or so?" And then these newly-minted clients say "Sure, no problem, I have scads of money laying around and I just don't know what to do with it all. Thanks goodness you called, Skippy, just send me those invoices and I'll be happy to pay!" I guess it's just easy peasy. Who knew? But, of course, you do "see it all for what it is."

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
So, when the lawyers and judges are "looking for work" do they just look up some people in the phone book and call them and say "Hey, I really need some work, would you mind if I represent you on some fictitious things I just made up and bill you $10,000 a month or so?" And then these newly-minted clients say "Sure, no problem, I have scads of money laying around and I just don't know what to do with it all. Thanks goodness you called, Skippy, just send me those invoices and I'll be happy to pay!" I guess it's just easy peasy. Who knew? But, of course, you do "see it all for what it is."
No. They look to each other to create that system. "Each other" ranges far including many politicians and bureaucrats. Don't get me wrong I understand the need for some of it. The problem is much of it has been bloated and misused. The amount of red tape and checks and balances have grown exponentially large over the past 20 or so years in almost every area of life. It's ridiculous the amount of time we spend in the courts. Much of it frivolous and not needed.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
No. They look to each other to create that system. "Each other" ranges far including many politicians and bureaucrats. Don't get me wrong I understand the need for some of it. The problem is much of it has been bloated and misused. The amount of red tape and checks and balances have grown exponentially large over the past 20 or so years in almost every area of life. It's ridiculous the amount of time we spend in the courts. Much of it frivolous and not needed.
Fascinating. They just look to each other and the cash rolls in?

So where does a lawyer send the invoices after he's done looking to the others in this little scheme? Is there a listing for "clients with unlimited funds who will gladly pay a lawyer whatever he invoices" in the phone book near where you live? Perhaps it's right between the listings for rainbows and unicorns?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is not true.

Besides the "organization" called antifa being a right wing fantasy, or perhaps mere deflection from their inherent fascism. If being anti-fascist is anti-republican, well so be it...f*ck fascists.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
This is not true.

Nice deceptive news piece which only compares the "Federal charges".

Considering Federal charges only entailed a very small percentage of all arrests during the antifa/blm rioting, burning, and looting why would they do that and why would you post that? You really can not see the deception? Not a comparison at all. Nice try though.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
Besides the "organization" called antifa being a right wing fantasy, or perhaps mere deflection from their inherent fascism. If being anti-fascist is anti-republican, well so be it...f*ck fascists.
So antifa is fake? lmao

Fascinating. They just look to each other and the cash rolls in?

So where does a lawyer send the invoices after he's done looking to the others in this little scheme? Is there a listing for "clients with unlimited funds who will gladly pay a lawyer whatever he invoices" in the phone book near where you live? Perhaps it's right between the listings for rainbows and unicorns?
You're not following what I'm talking about at all.

I guess I expected too much from this place.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So antifa is fake? lmao

It doesn't exist the way your sources apparently have portrayed it to you....joke's probably on you. You don't seem to have much clue as to what you're talking about in any case....this isn't some sort of right wingnut base if that's what you're looking for.....we gots all kinds here! Glad it doesn't meet your expectations in any case :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So antifa is fake? lmao

Look I have no dog in this hunt and you and me have no beef so I'm not saying this to start crap with you

But what do you expect from an audio site?

The steam vent was created to do exactly this. Create drama because it pulls in a lot of traffic which is good for the site.

Understanding this helps a person not get over invested in the conversations

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So antifa is fake? lmao

Look I get some of your points and although we don't agree on everything I do agree with some of your viewpoints

But contrary to what a few individuals are harping at you this site isn't dominated by liberals as it isn't dominated by conservatives

There are all walks of life checking in here. Your going to get a few that just like to go at you for your viewpoints but that's always the case on a forum like the steam vent. We're not all going to agree on everything

Don't let the few take away your enjoyment of the contributions of the many. Especially when it comes to audio

This is not the place I'd expand my energy on political or societal problems anyway

We have a lot of very intelligent people in all areas of expertise but lets face it a lot of us are not experts on a lot of these issues anyway.

I'm just saying there's better forums and formats that are geared towards these types of conversations.

I wouldn't waste a ton of energy on the steam vent say what you gotta say even have some fun with some good old fashioned arguments and then get on the regular sites and enjoy the audio bro

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
Look I have no dog in this hunt and you and me have no beef so I'm not saying this to start crap with you

But what do you expect from an audio site?

The steam vent was created to do exactly this. Create drama because it pulls in a lot of traffic which is good for the site.

Understanding this helps a person not get over invested in the conversations
Lol Yeah I hear ya. I'm just not the most patient person. I thought I articulated pretty well what I meant about lawyers and such. Obviously not.

As for someone stating Antifa is fake. Not sure how even to respond to that. Lol

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Nice deceptive news piece which only compares the "Federal charges".

Considering Federal charges only entailed a very small percentage of all arrests during the antifa/blm rioting, burning, and looting why would they do that and why would you post that? You really can not see the deception? Not a comparison at all. Nice try though.
Okay, provide evidence to support your assertions.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Nope. No points on my license except for I pled down on the reckless driving to 1 point infraction.

The original discussion was about the court system not me being a dumbass.
But yourself made it about yourself in your support for your views about the US court system. Now, @Mr._Clark appears more willing to take you on your opinions on the court system and so on, but do have more than a little sympathy with the following quote by Robort Solow:

"Suppose someone sits down where you are sitting right now and announces to me that he is Napoleon Bonaparte. The last thing I want to do with him is to get involved in a technical discussion of cavalry tactics at the Battle of Austerlitz. If I do that, I'm getting tacitly drawn into the game that he is Napoleon Bonaparte. Now, Bob Lucas and Tom Sargent like nothing better than to get drawn into technical discussions, because then you have tacitly gone along with their fundamental assumptions; your attention is attracted away from the basic weakness of the whole story. Since I find that fundamental framework ludicrous, I respond by treating it as ludicrous – that is, by laughing at it – so as not to fall into the trap of taking it seriously and passing on to matters of technique."​

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
But yourself made it about yourself in your support for your views about the US court system. Now, @Mr._Clark appears more willing to take you on your opinions on the court system and so on, but do have more than a little sympathy with the following quote by Robort Solow:

"Suppose someone sits down where you are sitting right now and announces to me that he is Napoleon Bonaparte. The last thing I want to do with him is to get involved in a technical discussion of cavalry tactics at the Battle of Austerlitz. If I do that, I'm getting tacitly drawn into the game that he is Napoleon Bonaparte. Now, Bob Lucas and Tom Sargent like nothing better than to get drawn into technical discussions, because then you have tacitly gone along with their fundamental assumptions; your attention is attracted away from the basic weakness of the whole story. Since I find that fundamental framework ludicrous, I respond by treating it as ludicrous – that is, by laughing at it – so as not to fall into the trap of taking it seriously and passing on to matters of technique."​
I have to ask and I'm not trying to be insulting. Is English your 2nd language or our you just high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis