JBL HP-520 speaker thread. Fun.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I was lucky I lost nothing although by the time the insurance fight was over the spikes did start to rust on the risers . You might check eBay for pegs I see them on there a lot in the vintage jbl parts a lot to look threw there though but I’ve seen them or you might try a short piece of dawell rod . They used the same pegs on several models from that era . Well my subs are jbl psw-1200’s 120 watt and are geez over 20 years old they work but And occasionally they act up and they just don’t play deep cleanly there old tech . I’ve got it narrowed down to SVS pb-1000 pros 0r the pb-2000 pro even with the pb-1000 Iam gaining serious power from what I have now and they play deeper. That’s my plan here in a month we’ll see what shows up .
I had the PB1000 and it was more than capable in a medium size room, but the newer ones are 12inch vs 10 inch I had. I think if you decide on them you'd be more than happy and great top notch customer service too.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I had the PB1000 and it was more than capable in a medium size room, but the newer ones are 12inch vs 10 inch I had. I think if you decide on them you'd be more than happy and great top notch customer service too.
I was thinking the same exactly there tech knowledge is top notch there about an hour north of me when I do but I may drive up and get them firsthand. I believe they may have an outlet store there .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I was thinking the same exactly there tech knowledge is top notch there about an hour north of me when I do but I may drive up and get them firsthand. I believe they may have an outlet store there .
and if you buy two it's negotiable, especially with pick up. :)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
and if you buy two it's negotiable, especially with pick up. :)
Sweet it was either pick them up or get them from Crutchfield they got the same deal it just takes a couple days shipping to get them . A little road trip never hurt anybody !

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Morning guys! I think I should motivate myself and start cleaning the rooms today. Gonna be a sweaty day. I'm guessing it will take 3-4 hours or less. ☕Yep when I clean my place its very through. It's pretty dusty and not afraid to say it's been a couple of months. It's a good thing I'm a neat and an organized person. I gotta move alot of stuff too and gotta protect toe, which was thumping last night. ☕Think I'm gonna start at noon. :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was lucky I lost nothing although by the time the insurance fight was over the spikes did start to rust on the risers . You might check eBay for pegs I see them on there a lot in the vintage jbl parts a lot to look threw there though but I’ve seen them or you might try a short piece of dawell rod . They used the same pegs on several models from that era . Well my subs are jbl psw-1200’s 120 watt and are geez over 20 years old they work but And occasionally they act up and they just don’t play deep cleanly there old tech . I’ve got it narrowed down to SVS pb-1000 pros 0r the pb-2000 pro even with the pb-1000 Iam gaining serious power from what I have now and they play deeper. That’s my plan here in a month we’ll see what shows up .
PB2000 Pro! All day, every day...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Morning guys! I think I should motivate myself and start cleaning the rooms today. Gonna be a sweaty day. I'm guessing it will take 3-4 hours or less. ☕Yep when I clean my place its very through. It's pretty dusty and not afraid to say it's been a couple of months. It's a good thing I'm a neat and an organized person. I gotta move alot of stuff too and gotta protect toe, which was thumping last night. ☕Think I'm gonna start at noon. :p
Make some room in your living room for those new JBLs! I'm assuming so far so good, yes? If I were in your area I'd hop over in a heartbeat to check them out in person.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Make some room in your living room for those new JBLs! I'm assuming so far so good, yes? If I were in your area I'd hop over in a heartbeat to check them out in person.
They are going in my bedroom no room in living room. I hope it works out. Feel free to drive on down in your truck and hear them.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
One subwoofer... pft.

He needs at least 3 of those! :p
well doing my homework I’ve found that the pb1000 pro is more than triple the wattage than my current subs and my old only go down to 35 hz barley and I can get two at once for a good price and they take up pretty much the same footprint . Iam all about bigger but these are a good deal with top of the line feature set . But the pb 2000 is still on the list I’ll have to do some figuring lol !

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
well doing my homework I’ve found that the pb1000 pro is more than triple the wattage than my current subs and my old only go down to 35 hz barley and I can get two at once for a good price and they take up pretty much the same footprint . Iam all about bigger but these are a good deal with top of the line feature set . But the pb 2000 is still on the list I’ll have to do some figuring lol !
How big is your room? Edit whoops. I think the 1000s should do very well in that size room.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Okay, not familiar with Steubenville but I did live really close to the Ohio border. Where I lived was definitely hunting country. We made a lot of money skinning and cutting up deer every year. It was like a Christmas bonus for us.
That reminds me, I have a venison roast in the freezer from a friend. Need to find a good recipe for a roast as I haven't used that particular cut yet.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
well doing my homework I’ve found that the pb1000 pro is more than triple the wattage than my current subs and my old only go down to 35 hz barley and I can get two at once for a good price and they take up pretty much the same footprint . I am all about bigger but these are a good deal with top of the line feature set . But the pb 2000 is still on the list I’ll have to do some figuring lol !
I am really enjoying the SB-2000 Pro I just got. The ported units were a little too big for my room so I decided to go from the PB-1000 to the SB-2000. I think I lost 2 or 3 Hz at the bottom going sealed but not a major concern for the type of music I listen to. You wouldn't think that someone would describe a sub as being 'musical' but I can't think of a more fitting word right now. The deep notes are so much clearer than before. Should have made the upgrade long ago. I am also finding the mobile app useful. If I find a track is too bass heavy to my liking, I can drop it 1 or 2 dB with a few taps. I have no hesitation recommending SVS.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That reminds me, I have a venison roast in the freezer from a friend. Need to find a good recipe for a roast as I haven't used that particular cut yet.
Google Louisiana pot roast with peppers thank me later !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I am really enjoying the SB-2000 Pro I just got. The ported units were a little too big for my room so I decided to go from the PB-1000 to the SB-2000. I think I lost 2 or 3 Hz at the bottom going sealed but not a major concern for the type of music I listen to. You wouldn't think that someone would describe a sub as being 'musical' but I can't think of a more fitting word right now. The deep notes are so much clearer than before. Should have made the upgrade long ago. I am also finding the mobile app useful. If I find a track is too bass heavy to my liking, I can drop it 1 or 2 dB with a few taps. I have no hesitation recommending SVS.
Well I’ve got the room it’s a tuff choice Iam kind of running the idea of moving one or both old subs in the back on the room for reinforcement now keep in mind this might be a hard sell even to my forgiving wife lol she’s got a lot of big black boxes in here now mabey she’ll not notice .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Update bedroom is done. Kitchen next. Speakers will be moved later when I finish cleaning the last room. ☕Sweating like crazy maybe I'll lose a couple pounds I gained during lock down. :(

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW comparing wattage isn't very useful (unless you also have sensitivity/impedance info to go along with it....).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis