JBL HP-520 speaker thread. Fun.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Well most of the time there is nothing in mine either. When I first started thrifting last year it seems like they had something I needed everytime I went in. My Goodwill is great for $1 records though lately nothing good. American Thrift(only in FL I think maybe GA.) is where I got the JBL's and they have upped the prices on some stuff. I'm glad they discounted it or I'd be u dummy should got them! I got a couple of good working turntable for less than $15 last year. Now they are $59-79. I have 4(living room, bedroom and a 2nd smaller room) tables now. One is in the closet as a backup. Waking up early sometimes works sometimes not.
We have nothing like that here no mabey if I’d hit the ones up in Pittsburgh I might find stuff they got better cd and Ko stores up there . I do venture up a few times a year .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Damnit! I totally forgot to check for cds!
Yep CDs are good there, but American Thrift is cheap at 1.50 each and have a great selection most times vs $2.00 each at Goodwill. Recently they had buy 2 get one free at AT store. Finished last week. :(

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I know it Iam south of Steubenville close to wheeling on the Ohio side . I bird hunt Pa. a lot .
Okay, not familiar with Steubenville but I did live really close to the Ohio border. Where I lived was definitely hunting country. We made a lot of money skinning and cutting up deer every year. It was like a Christmas bonus for us.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yep CDs are good there, but American Thrift is cheap at 1.50 each and have a great selection most times vs $2.00 each at Goodwill. Recently they had buy 2 get one free at AT store. Finished last week. :(
We have one Sam goody store left around here and most stuff is used at about 3 bucks a cd this stuff is shipped in from all ove I have found a lot of sacd’s in there racks for 5 bucks cause them young kids have never herd of them and I don’t tell them either .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Okay, not familiar with Steubenville but I did live really close to the Ohio border. Where I lived was definitely hunting country. We made a lot of money skinning and cutting up deer every year. It was like a Christmas bonus for us.
Iam a bird hunter and raise and train bird dogs there’s good hunting in Pa. for sure .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Iam a bird hunter and raise and train bird dogs there’s good hunting in Pa. for sure .
That's actually really cool. I have a couple of labs and I love my pooches. Our black one, Loki, has caught and killed a couple of birds in the back yard now...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
We have one Sam goody store left around here and most stuff is used at about 3 bucks a cd this stuff is shipped in from all ove I have found a lot of sacd’s in there racks for 5 bucks cause them young kids have never herd of them and I don’t tell them either .
I found the Beck sacd for $1.50 in mint condition last year. I could not believe my eyes. I've looked since then and no SACD lately. This SACD was going for over $200 on ebay! I'm thinking of putting it on ebay soon.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That's actually really cool. I have a couple of labs and I love my pooches. Our black one, Loki, has caught and killed a couple of birds in the back yard now...
I raise English Springers we have two right now a daddy and his daughter my wife has two rescues there all family here . But we’ve had Springers for over 30 years .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I found the Beck sacd for $1.50 in mint condition last year. I could not believe my eyes. I've looked since then and no SACD lately. This SACD was going for over $200 on ebay! I'm thinking of putting it on ebay soon.
Oh indeed I found two Pink Floyd sacd a couple dire straights for like 4 bucks apiece a while back in the store I mentioned as I paid for them a I kept wanting to run before the kid found out what they were !

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oh indeed I found two Pink Floyd sacd a couple dire straights for like 4 bucks apiece a while back in the store I mentioned as I paid for them a I kept wanting to run before the kid found out what they were !
The prices have gotten insane on SACD. At least DVD-Audio is not too bad. Do you have the Beatles Love DVD-audio? It's a must get.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Here are Mark's HP520 cool pics. Looking good bro! I'm surprised you keep the covers on. I guess cause of the pups. I will be keeping mine without for now. I only found two of the pegs of the one cover. I have to see if they fell out in the car. No biggie if not though.
_20210512_174158.JPG
_20210512_174118.JPG
_20210512_174028.JPG

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The prices have gotten insane on SACD. At least DVD-Audio is not too bad. Do you have the Beatles Love DVD-audio? It's a must get.
No I don’t have that one I’ve got one I’ll have to look at the title to be sure but I did find a dvd audio of the Dobbie Brothers - The Captin and me and Eagles Hotel California and a scad of Dire Straights first album it’s really good and nicely mixed too . Prices on eBay are crazy high on either format right now .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Here are Mark's HP520 cool pics. Looking good bro! I'm surprised you keep the covers on. I guess cause of the pups. I will be keeping mine without for now. I only found two of the pegs of the one cover. I have to see if they fell out in the car. No biggie if not though.
View attachment 47508View attachment 47509View attachment 47510
Thanks it’s taken awhile to get it all together but Iam pleased with the soundstage, l leave them on mainly for the Granpups pointy little fingers lol . The new flooring has been a trip in itself as we had thick carpet befor the water damage it floats and has an deadening layer of something underneath it the big area rugs tamed it down a little but ypao has a fit with the reflective surface it seems but Iam working it out . It sounds good when cranked up and movies on good sound tracks are as good if not better that most theater’s. I think when I up grade the subs here soon it will hold its own .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks it’s taken awhile to get it all together but Iam pleased with the soundstage, l leave them on mainly for the Granpups pointy little fingers lol . The new flooring has been a trip in itself as we had thick carpet befor the water damage it floats and has an deadening layer of something underneath it the big area rugs tamed it down a little but ypao has a fit with the reflective surface it seems but Iam working it out . It sounds good when cranked up and movies on good sound tracks are as good if not better that most theater’s. I think when I up grade the subs here soon it will hold its own .
I feel the pain you did. It really kills your spirit when you have build up little by little and gone in just seconds. Without the guys around here and I don't think I would have recovered and it never stops hurting, but not as bad. Damn tears coming out. FK. Happy for you bro! Crank up and enjoy. Oh I just checked my car and see no pegs. What subs do you have now and what r u looking to upgrade to? I pretty content since my place is small and Bass kicks to my liking. I feel the bass from my couch from the 520s.:eek:

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I feel the pain you did. It really kills your spirit when you have build up little by little and gone in just seconds. Without the guys around here and I don't think I would have recovered and it never stops hurting, but not as bad. Damn tears coming out. FK. Happy for you bro! Crank up and enjoy. Oh I just checked my car and see no pegs. What subs do you have now and what r u looking to upgrade to? I pretty content since my place is small and Bass kicks to my liking. I feel the bass from my couch from the 520s.:eek:
I was lucky I lost nothing although by the time the insurance fight was over the spikes did start to rust on the risers . You might check eBay for pegs I see them on there a lot in the vintage jbl parts a lot to look threw there though but I’ve seen them or you might try a short piece of dawell rod . They used the same pegs on several models from that era . Well my subs are jbl psw-1200’s 120 watt and are geez over 20 years old they work but And occasionally they act up and they just don’t play deep cleanly there old tech . I’ve got it narrowed down to SVS pb-1000 pros 0r the pb-2000 pro even with the pb-1000 Iam gaining serious power from what I have now and they play deeper. That’s my plan here in a month we’ll see what shows up .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis