Why no love for Yamaha speakers ?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
My step dad had some small Yamaha powered monitors that were hooked up to a keyboard that sounded great. Their commercial and studio speakers are still fantastic. I think they just don’t care right now. How many wind, string and percussion instruments are in high schools and colleges across the world? I think retail electronics is just advertising for name recognition at this point.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Never had any Yamaha speakers but I'm happy with my Infinity Primus 363s. Yamaha speakers had a pretty good rep back in the day (early 80s) and some of those designs sure look nice.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’m digging the lil drum next to your speaker.
Thanks man! I’ve played drums my whole life so we have little stuff like that all over.
Just in case you were curious, it’s a “secret” box.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks man! I’ve played drums my whole life so we have little stuff like that all over.
Just in case you were curious, it’s a “secret” box.
Umm, okay I give, we ya got hidden in it? I use to use one of my main speakers to hide things from my ole lady back in the day. Like umm phone number to my Mistress or my weed or money, so what you got uhu? uhu? just jacking bro, it really is a cool lil drum

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Umm, okay I give, we ya got hidden in it? I use to use one of my main speakers to hide things from my ole lady back in the day. Like umm phone number to my Mistress or my weed or money, so what you got uhu? uhu? just jacking bro, it really is a cool lil drum
Lmao! I’ll never tell!!!
Need to hide stuff like the mistresses number in your head! Then she can’t find it. If she finds your weed, that’s cool. Just share!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it's good down to 60 Hz at -10 dB according to the published curve. I guess the curve results from the interaction with the sub crossover.
According to that S&V graph (purple), it’s 87dB at 60Hz, which is -3dB (sensitivity at 90dB).

It is -10dB at 40Hz (80dB).

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Lmao! I’ll never tell!!!
Need to hide stuff like the mistresses number in your head! Then she can’t find it. If she finds your weed, that’s cool. Just share!!!
As you can see, I had more than one ole lady on the slide :D. So When I’d go riding my bike come back like a day or two later I’d have like two or three numbers so I’d just slip them into the port on the back of my speaker when she go to work and I’d remember oh yeah I forgot those lady’s numbers I’d pull them out. I drank a lot back than sooo.;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The only thing that turns of me off about these Yamaha speakers is that they are not big enough for me (except for the Yamaha Soavo Grand Piano tower).

I prefer my towers to be like 50” to 60” tall and fat. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
The only thing that turns of me off about these Yamaha speakers is that they are not big enough for me (except for the Yamaha Soavo Grand Piano tower).

I prefer my towers to be like 50” to 60” tall and fat. :D
Yeah me too Andrew I prefer my women tall and with meat on the bones!! oh wait never mind you talking about speakers my bad :p;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Umm, okay than! works for me too!
Yeah I love grand piano high-gloss beautiful big-bone full-figure curvature speakers like that Yamaha Soavo Grand Piano, B&W 800D, KEF 207/2, RBH SVT, Wilson Audio towers, Focal Grande Utopia, etc. Speakers that look IMPOSSIBLE to make in someone’s garage. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I love big-bone full-figure speakers like that Yamaha Soavo Grand Piano, B&W 800D, KEF 207/2, RBH SVT, Wilson Audio towers, Focal Grande Utopia, etc. :D
Them Yamaha top dog speakers do look Interesting wouldn’t mind having a sit down with those paired up with a nice Krell amp and a nice top of the line pre/pro two channel.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Them Yamaha top dog speakers do like Interesting wouldn’t mind having a sit down with those paired up with a nice Krell amp and a nice top of the line pre/pro two channel.
No wrong way to do it when you have big beautiful curvature speakers like that. :D

I wouldn’t mind matching the Yamaha Soavo Grand Piano towers with the $13,000 Yamaha C-5000 stereo preamp and $13,000 Yamaha M-5000 stereo amp!

Oh, go ahead and add on the matching $100,000 Yamaha Grand Piano.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No wrong way to do it when you have big beautiful curvature speakers like that. :D

I wouldn’t mind matching the Yamaha Soavo Grand Piano towers with the $13,000 Yamaha C-5000 stereo preamp and $13,000 Yamaha M-5000 stereo amp!

umm yeah that to, They look mean for sure

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The only Yamaha speakers I’ve heard were some cheap pro speakers. :D

I’m sure their high-end speakers would sound great.

I think another member @Grassy (who had the Denon AVP-A1HD and then McIntosh AVP) has or had some Yamaha speakers.

So I am sure there are some great sounding Yamaha speakers.
Yeah I dont Got 100k for those godly speakers ️ speakers,
Yamaha makes. Bunch of lower end garbage so people may avoid it for that reason .
Honestly I’m not sure why
I love all there amps except low end stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Speakers that look IMPOSSIBLE to make in someone’s garage. :D
I think that depends on whose garage you are talking about! When it comes to craftsmanship and custom detailing there are not too many things that an experienced and determined craftsman cannot do including steamed and hydraulically pressed plywood glue-ups to form a custom shape with great strength!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I think that depends on whose garage you are talking about! When it comes to craftsmanship and custom detailing there are not too many things that an experienced and determined craftsman cannot do including steamed and hydraulically pressed plywood glue-ups to form a custom shape with great strength!
Can’t say I’ve had many Yamahas except a mid range vintage avr . How much were those pictured speakers new and used ??

Any brand that’s been around as Yamahas got tonhave really good mid and upper range products or they would not exist . Remember. They make so many different products. I got a 6.1 Yamaha older amp that’s pretty nice so far for $50!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm talking about the cost of machines required to make some of these speakers - like the B&W 800Ds, Focal Grande Utopias, KEF Blades and Muons, etc.

I'm sure with the right machines/tools, someone could do it. But who is going to spend that kind of money on these machines for his garage because I think one of these machines will cost more than the entire house.

So which garage do you know of that has the machines/tools to make the Marlan heads and body of the B&W 800Ds, Focal Grande Utopia, KEF Muon and Blades?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis