Why no love for Yamaha speakers ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I dont Got 100k for those godly speakers ️ speakers,
Yamaha makes. Bunch of lower end garbage so people may avoid it for that reason .
Honestly I’m not sure why
I love all there amps except low end stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,
Would be nice if Yamaha would make a tower speaker (like the Soavo Grand Piano tower) to compete with the B&W 800D, Revel Salon2, KEF Blade, etc.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm talking about the cost of machines required to make some of these speakers - like the B&W 800Ds, Focal Grande Utopias, KEF Blades and Muons, etc.

I'm sure with the right machines/tools, someone could do it. But who is going to spend that kind of money on these machines for his garage because I think one of these machines will cost more than the entire house.

So which garage do you know of that has the machines/tools to make the Marlan heads and body of the B&W 800Ds, Focal Grande Utopia, KEF Muon and Blades?
If you are going to produce them at volume, you need those expensive machines!

Trust me, before they spent the money on the high-dollar production machines, all of those companies had prototypes to test and appraise made by a master craftsman in a small shop! Those prototypes were not cheap on a "per each" basis because they require a high level of craftsmanship and the time that goes with it.
The expensive machinery is simply so they can hire a snot-nosed kid to feed the machine and get an impressive looking product out the other side. Quickly and consistently!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you are going to produce them at volume, you need those expensive machines!

Trust me, before they spent the money on the high-dollar production machines, all of those companies had prototypes to test and appraise made by a master craftsman in a small shop! Those prototypes were not cheap on a "per each" basis because they require a high level of craftsmanship and the time that goes with it.
The expensive machinery is simply so they can hire a snot-nosed kid to feed the machine and get an impressive looking product out the other side. Quickly and consistently!
So you think someone could make the B&W 800's Marlan head and curved body, the Focal Grande Utopia curved body, the KEF Muon and Blade curved bodies without those machines?

How come we don't see any DI speaker that looks anything like those CURVED cabinets like the 800D, Grande Utopia, Muon and Blade?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So you think someone could make the B&W 800's Marlan head and curved body, the Focal Grande Utopia curved body, the KEF Muon and Blade curved bodies without those machines?

How come we don't see any DI speaker that looks anything like those CURVED cabinets like the 800D, Grande Utopia, Muon and Blade?
So what are these magic "machines"?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Practicality!
Do you really believe these companies bought the machines before they tested the design?
I definitely don't have the kind of experience I am talking about, but to address your:
So you think someone could make the B&W 800's Marlan head and curved body
I would use a 3D printer for the Marlan head and layup the curved body by steaming thin sheets of wood and laying them up (gluing them) in a hydraulic press. The mold for the press would require sculpting the desired shape using abrasive carvers.
But trust me, you don't buy the tooling before proving the design! B&W and all of these companies had at least one of these made beforehand and it was made largely by one person without any high dollar custom machinery!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis