What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

3D because of the great visuals. Good deal and both won on ebay. Both imports and two week wait.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Finally going outside my built-in apps on bluray player/avr with an Amazon Fire Stick. So far so good.
firestick.jpg

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yamaha tsr-7810 receiver Refurb
Old Yamaha bookshelf stereo and speakers. For my PC.
Cables to hook up the bookshelf stereo.
Q Acoustics 3020 speakers.
Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
Isolation pads.
12 gauge speaker wire.
Banana plugs.
Wood to build sound control panels.
Towels from Goodwill to put into panels.

I'm done, except for a new BD player. I was going to get an Oppo, but now....
Nice! I have a similar setup in my secondary system. A RXV681 with a pair of 3020s and a 3090 center. The sub is a Rythmik L12. Love those little bookshelf speakers. Very nice for the price range!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

3D because of the great visuals. Good deal and both won on ebay. Both imports and two week wait.
Great Wall was a surprisingly entertaining dumb action move. Standard story, but fun action. I can see that one being good in 3D.

Read the review of Blade Runner 3D and it was converted, not shot in 3D, so I may pick up the 4K disc instead, even though I have the standard BD already. It will be my first 4K disc :) And Fifth Element :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Old cleats are starting to show serious signs of wear and tear, although they’ve last a lot longer than cleats back in the day. Still, can’t resist a good sale.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Old cleats are starting to show serious signs of wear and tear, although they’ve last a lot longer than cleats back in the day. Still, can’t resist a good sale.

Real cleats have a cleat all the way up front...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I found the full box to function faster than the stick, but the sticks worked very well too.
Didn't need the 4k so just went with the stick....but it is pretty fast. For the $30 thought it was pretty good so I even bought another for the bedroom....

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
In November 2015 I had to pony up and replace both forced hot air (by natural gas) furnaces at my two-family home. My 1st-floor tenant's unit had completely failed, wasn't going to make the winter. Mine was the same install date, so both got done. When I did it, I had the coil packs installed in the plenums, but ran out of money for the compressors. I wouldn't have been able to do it anyhow, as I would need to upgrade my electric service to 200 amp. (Tenant's service already done.) So, 2016 was the 200 amp service and a few other electrical upgrades. This year, finally I got the system complete. It required $1380 worth of wiring, and $3880 for the 2-1/2 ton and 2 ton compressors, but if it ever stops snowing....we're ready. I will be more comfy not having to open windows to traffic & neighborhood noise. My 74 yr-old tenant will finally be safe, and that makes me even happier. I do care.
Bryant_AC_compressors.jpg

Yeah, that would have bought a killer amp, DAC and/or speakers but I spent on my office system already this year.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't need the 4k so just went with the stick....but it is pretty fast. For the $30 thought it was pretty good so I even bought another for the bedroom....
I have the original one, did not have 4K and currently I don't need it either. Stick went into a second system that I ended up getting rid of, but I think I am going to pick another stick up soon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have the original one, did not have 4K and currently I don't need it either. Stick went into a second system that I ended up getting rid of, but I think I am going to pick another stick up soon.
The original box? They seem hard to compare since they don't really have readily seen version designations, do they?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The original box? They seem hard to compare since they don't really have readily seen version designations, do they?
First gen. There is a difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2, though I don't know how to tell the difference.

Bough Samsung Gear VR gizmo. Curious how well it would work with Plex VR thingy
https://www.plex.tv/blog/immerse-yourself-in-your-media-with-gear-vr-and-oculus/
Something to do on the bus (1h+ commute to work each way, 5d/week)
I have had mine since last year and still haven't used it. Now that it can be used with Plex, I may have to try it out. The PSVR has this capability already and it is pretty cool. It is like watching a screen the size of your wall. On the PSVR headset you can also watch 3D. The one drawback with the PSVR is only one viewer...

Last edited:
hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
A 38 year old Technics SA-500 receiver is my latest toy. Has a couple of minor issues, and it's just insanely dirty, inside and out, but the only thing that crackles or crunches is the tuning cap below 94 MHZ. All the switches work and feel great, and it sounds fine. It seems to be running warm due to the fuzz and junk stuck to every surface inside it. The wood looks very good, and other than cleaning and deoxit on the tuning cap, all the dial bulbs (New LED ones came today), all I'm planning on doing inside is to change out the main filter caps and probably all the rest of the electrolytics on the amp board, since there aren't all that many, and they are cheap.

Now I'll see if I get the Realistic SA-820 and Mitsubishi DA-R10...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis