speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Family first - glad the sister is doing better - the speakers will still be there.
Thanks a lot Zieg. I agree 100%! Tina is doing fine since she got some rest last night. Went to check on her dog. Made sure that the dog had food and water. Took her outside to let her do her business as well. Hope to have time tomorrow to get the JBL 530's out of the box. Maybe even set-up and rerun Audyssey. Appreciate your kind words. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay guys, got the 530's out of the box. But, how do I get the red and black tips out of the terminals so I can insert my banana plugs? I read the instructions, but they are NOT much help. Am afraid I may do it wrong. Any ideas/Tips? Also, do I really need to attach the horn covers if I plan to leave the grilles on? Which was is it supposed to be? Just a bit confused here....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
lol you tease.
No really I can NOT for the life of me get the red and the black tips out so I can insert my banana plugs. My Polk were sort of like that, but they were much easier to get them off.....LOL!!!! My posts do NOT look like the instructions either.....LOL!!! Instructions say if you take the grilles off then use the horn covers. So, if I leave the grilles on, then don't use the horn covers....LOL????? Got a headache already....LOL!!!

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
look at his video. From the looks I don't think you can plug it in the red/blacks. unscrew it all the way and use the other hole. MY NXG speakers have the same ones.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The terminals on my KEF speakers look similar coming out of the box. It's because of CE regulations that they have those plastic plugs in the holes, stuck into the cap side. All you do is take the caps off, push out the red & black plastic plugs with a pen tip (or similar pointy object) and put the caps back on.

If they're really snug and stuck into the posts rather than the caps, use one or a pair of single edge razor blades to get under the shoulder of the plugs and pry them up.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
wait this guy looks like he got them in:
I see that he got them in there. But, mine are in really good. These are made much better than my Polks were. Mine have the metal jumpers. But the red and black tips do NOT want to come off. WTF? Boggles my mind!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The terminals on my KEF speakers look similar coming out of the box. It's because of CE regulations that they have those plastic plugs in the holes, stuck into the cap side. All you do is take the caps off, push out the red & black plastic plugs with a pen tip (or similar pointy object) and put the caps back on.

If they're really snug and stuck into the posts rather than the caps, use one or a pair of single edge razor blades to get under the shoulder of the plugs and pry them up.
Yeah Ken, they are really in there. I have done everything that I know to get them off. Guess, I will just have to run bare wire to them for now. Will do that tomorrow as I am very tired and very aggravated to say the least. I used a paper clip and that still would not work. The Polks required me to work at it, but they come right off. These not so much. Oh well, it is what it is. When I take the post all of the way off, they do NOT look like they do in the instructions. Removing the jumpers helps, but they still will not come off. These look different than from the instructions. So something is amiss. Thanks for the tips though.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay folks, got up this morning and managed to get the tips out so that I could insert my banana plugs. They sure were a BIG pain in the arse....LOL!!!! However, have them up and running now. Listening to my Robin Hood soundtrack. All I can say so far is WOW! Honestly, never heard a $330 set of bookshelfs sound so good! Holy Smokes! Here are some pics:

upload_2016-6-25_9-32-26.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-33-19.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-33-55.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-34-28.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-34-56.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-35-26.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-36-26.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-37-36.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-38-8.png

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
One thing I notice right off is that the 5 1/4" mid does NOT sound anything like a 5 1/4" should sound. In fact, it sounds much more like a 6 1/2". The 530's are NOT bright at all. More neutral and very well balanced. However, the mid-range is unbelievable! ;);););) Here are some more pics!

upload_2016-6-25_9-42-43.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-43-53.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-44-24.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-44-58.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-46-53.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-47-50.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-50-4.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-50-47.png

upload_2016-6-25_9-51-22.png

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It is hard to believe, but each Taylo weighs as much as BOTH of the 530's boxed up! But, the 530's certainly are NOT light weight. They are very tall! But, do fit my 24" HiVi stands MUCH better than the Taylos did. So far so good!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
One thing I notice right off is that the 5 1/4" mid does NOT sound anything like a 5 1/4" should sound. In fact, it sounds much more like a 6 1/2". The 530's are NOT bright at all. More neutral and very well balanced. However, the mid-range is unbelievable! ;);););) Here are some more pics! Phil
It is good to know that your ears are not filled with wax.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis