speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Where will the JBLs go? Bedroom? Or time for the Taylos to go already? How loud do you get in that apartment where you need an outboard amp?
No the outboard amp was needed for the Linbrooks. The Taylos would also benefit from more power. But, my Denon X4000 does a better job powering the Taylos then it did the Linbrooks. There are no guarantees that I will be getting the JBL 530's. Have ordered them, but NFM is a bit odd to deal with. One second they won't sell to me, then later do. Who knows. Hope I do get the 530's that I ordered. If I get the 530's, then I will go from there. BTW, I never play at reference levels. No need here for that.

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Cancel the order for the JBL's and consider that while they may compete with the SVS Ultra, you don't need to run a test. You have now experienced what a high quality speaker can do and if there's any further movement it should be up the chain, not lateral or down.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Cancel the order for the JBL's and consider that while they may compete with the SVS Ultra, you don't need to run a test. You have now experienced what a high quality speaker can do and if there's any further movement it should be up the chain, not lateral or down.
I am all with Ken on that one! Don't waste time and money on the JBL now that you have the Taylos!

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What JBL's? :eek: I secretly would like to see a speaker shootout. :)

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very true Ken. But, I have said all along that if I got the chance to audition the 530's that I was going to. YOU only know part of the story as it is a bit personal. That is why I am not sharing that on the open forum. If the 530's are as good as everyone says, then I may opt to put the Taylos up for sale. That will help ease some of my finanacial troubles. The deal that I got on the 530's was just too good to turn down. There is not much risk involved other than return shipping should I decide to return them. Really need a back-up set of speakers anyways.

There is no guarantee that I will get the 530's anyways because Nebraska Furniture Mart is a bit odd to deal with. I merely just want to check them out. If I can improve my financial situation I may elect to do so. Hope that you understand where I am coming from.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am all with Ken on that one! Don't waste time and money on the JBL now that you have the Taylos!

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
See my reply to Ken. It may help you understand why I ordered the 530's and the matching 520c center. YOU guys ONLY know part of the story. It is of a very personal nature and that is why I am not going to share it on the open forum. If you guys knew the entire story, then YOU all would understand better. Besides, the deal that I got was unbelievable!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What JBL's? :eek: I secretly would like to see a speaker shootout. :)
Yeah, ordered the 530's and the matching 520c center from Nebraska Furniture Mart. However, when I first tried to order was told that I needed to actually come into one of their stores and buy something. Then, and only then, could I place an online order for electronics. Later was over @AVS and seen where other people were ordering from NFM w/o any issues whatsoever.

At first, I was a bit upset. Got up yesterday morning and tried once again. This time, my order was taken w/o any hassle. The only caveat is that the 520c is a 6-week wait. No big deal to me. Got both the 530's and the 520c for $560 w/free shipping!

Have 30-days to try the 530's out once they arrive. Supposedly, I got the LAST pair NFM had in stock. Lets just say I got lucky if my deal goes through. My CC was charged. As such, maybe I will get them. My plan is to try the 530's and see how I like them and go from there. Keeping the 530's will actually help my financial situation by selling the Taylos. The Taylos are $2400 a set brand new!

Of course I did NOT pay that for the Taylos because mine were used. But, they were NOT given to me either. Still a bit on the expensive side of scale. Furthermore, the Taylos would really benefit from better electronics albeit a 2-channel amp. My Denon does well for the most part. But, the Taylos are a bit power hungry. Not as bad as the Linbrooks per se, but power hungry they are. Hence, the JBL 530's would work better w/my Denon. It would be a win/win for me.

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Z loved those JBL's, so I bet they are nice. Look for his review on here. A video shootout? :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Z loved those JBL's, so I bet they are nice. Look for his review on here. A video shootout? :D
Yeah I know Z loves them. In fact, it was him that brought them to my attention. Guess I owe Z for that. Did NOT know that he did a review on them though. Will be sure to check it out. Thanks for the heads up. The ONLY risk to me really is return shipping on the 530's should I choose to do so. The 520c is at least 6-weeks out. In a worst case scenario I send the 530's back, then cancel my order for the 520c. The ONLY reason I ordered the 520c was the price. My CC was certainly charged. Just hope that I get them.

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's a long AZZ wait, but you're no stranger to that. :) You should hear those JBL Synchros S500 headphones boy are they something else. Might be the best music headphones I have.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's a long AZZ wait, but you're no stranger to that. :) You should hear those JBL Synchros S500 headphones boy are they something else. Might be the best music headphones I have.
Actually, it works very well for me. Waiting on the 520c will give me time to see if I want to keep the 530's. If not, then I will pay the return shipping on the 530's and immediately cancel my order for the 520c. If my finances were in better shape, I would order them and check them out. Just checked Harmon to see if there were any refurbs S500's only to no avail. But, JBL.com has them on sale:

http://www.jbl.com/over-ear-headphones/SYNCHRO+500.html?dwvar_SYNCHRO 500_color=Black#start=1

Will keep an eye on them over @Harmon. If I see them as a refurb may just order them and check them out. Sure look promising. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
BTW, been listening to the Taylos w/o my subs on and they sound better to me X-overed @60 Hz. Honestly, hearing things in my most familiar tracks that I have never heard before. If something is NOT recorded too well the Taylos will remind you. Pandora and Internet Radio all sound pretty good for the most part. But, ACDC's Back In Black just sounds fantastic! Robin Hood's Prince of Thieves soundtrack by Michael Kamen is the best rendition that I have ever heard in my room! Getting there slowly but surely!

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
What you are hearing is exactly why there it no reason to get the JBL's. They are simply not in the same class as what you have now.

I have never had any reason to need "backup speakers." If the main speakers failed, I could move the surround speakers into position until I picked up new ones later in the day.

Good luck!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What you are hearing is exactly why there it no reason to get the JBL's. They are simply not in the same class as what you have now.

I have never had any reason to need "backup speakers." If the main speakers failed, I could move the surround speakers into position until I picked up new ones later in the day.

Good luck!
Like I said Ken all of your points are very well taken. But, you do NOT have all of the story. No need to worry about the JBL's because there is very little risk involved. Not even sure that I will even get them as NFM is the strangest company that I have ever dealt with. Who really knows. Maybe I will get the 530's and maybe I won't. The Taylos are not going anywhere any time soon. No worries. Do appreciate your concern though. If you lived closer, would have to come over and check out the LS50's.................LOL!!!! :p:p:p

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
LS50's....bring 'em on!
One day Ken I will get to hear them. Also, want to hear the R300's. I owe all of that to you. They are certainly on my to-do bucket list. Next time I go to Louisville, Kentucky, then I will be sure to get a listen to them. Maybe I will get lucky and get to hear them both.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Was watching my AC/DC DVD with all their best videos and I heard the remastered Black In Black, so now I know what you're talking about. :)

:D Check out this thread: https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/the-headphone-thread-share-your-gear-and-impressions-etc.97424/
Thanks for the link. Found it to be very informative. Sure have a lot to learn about headphones. The Philips I bought that you recommended is like my second set that I have ever owned. Not too well schooled with regard to headphones.

I also took a closer look at the other link for the JBLs. They are used. Did not see that part yesterday. Might just go ahead and order them. BTW, glad you got to hear some good old fashion Rock N Roll albeit Back In Black! :D:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis