afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I don't I've ever heard tighter bass on music than those JBL headphones. I got mine refurbed for 50$. Best money I ever spent on headphones. The Pioneers HP just shine with movies. Dialogue sounds amazing. Each headphones has it's purpose. ;) Oh yeah I was rocking out this weekend via DVD Red Hot Chili Pepper/AC/DC. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't I've ever heard tighter bass on music than those JBL headphones. I got mine refurbed for 50$. Best money I ever spent on headphones. The Pioneers HP just shine with movies. Dialogue sounds amazing. Each headphones has it's purpose. ;) Oh yeah I was rocking out this weekend via DVD Red Hot Chili Pepper/AC/DC. :)
Glad to hear you got to Rock out. We ALL need to do that from time to time. Rocked out some myself yesterday. Listened to the Taylos w/o my subs. Really liked what I heard. Sounds like I need to check out that Red Hot Chili Peppers dvd as soon as I can. YOU also should check out the Eagle's Hell Freezes Over dvd. It is absolutely amazing! When my finances get better I will order me a set of those JBL's. headphones!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Glad that you have Hell Freezes Over. It is good that you know what I am talking about then. I see that the Red Hot Chili Peppers is a cd and a dvd. That is cool! Will be sure to look into it. Will order when my finances are in better shape. The new Red Hot Chili Peepers cd is out now I think. Will also check it out.

Cheers,

Phil

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So there is no chance that you ate all the candy bars and that's why your sick and out of cash?:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So there is no chance that you ate all the candy bars and that's why your sick and out of cash?:D
No, if I ate even part of the candy bars I would be in the ER.....LOL!!!!! Actually, I really don't eat much of them Greg. The very day I got the last bunch, sold over 100 candy bars in less than an hour. That is how well they sell.....LOL!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
No, if I ate even part of the candy bars I would be in the ER.....LOL!!!!! Actually, I really don't eat much of them Greg. The very day I got the last bunch, sold over 100 candy bars in less than an hour. That is how well they sell.....LOL!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil
Are you in a place where candy bars are banned and you are the underground dealer?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Are you in a place where candy bars are banned and you are the underground dealer?
No Greg actually I am very close to a Philippine family here. She(Tina) takes candy bars, chips, and soda all the time to sell at her work. Tina is like a sister to me. Has been ever since my Sis passed. Over time, however, Tina has done very well. So, she asked me to sell them where I live.

There are 21-apartments in my apartment building. At first, I really thought that I would be wasting my time and Tina's money.......LOL!!!! Surprisingly, I now sell more candy bars, chips, and soda than she does!

Just got a batch of candy bars in ~ 2-weeks ago. Within an hour, I sold over 100 candy bars. Got some chips that come in a box of 30 and sold nearly 2-boxes within an hour just last week. Sodas are a bit slower but, still manage to sell quite a few. ALL of the inventory comes from Sam's w/the exception of the sodas.

Cheers,

Phil

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
There are 21-apartments in my apartment building. At first, I really thought that I would be wasting my time and Tina's money.......LOL!!!! Surprisingly, I now sell more candy bars, chips, and soda than she does!
...and you say you can't afford the Linbrooks! :rolleyes:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
...and you say you can't afford the Linbrooks! :rolleyes:
Yeah, tried my best to get Tina to pay for the Linbrooks, but she thought better of it......LOL!!! Oh well better luck next time eh......LOL????

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, called NFM this morning to see about my order. Actually got to talk to the salesman. He told me to call tomorrow and that he would give me a UPS tracking #. The 530's are supposed to have shipped out this afternoon. Maybe I will get lucky and have them before the weekend. The 520c is at least 6-weeks out. But, at least I should have the 530's soon.

NFM is a very odd group to deal with. The salesman also told me that he is mailing me a hard copy of my sales receipt. Have not had any correspondence w/NFM via my direct email. As such, it really is a bit strange. Have offered my direct email to the salesman several times, but only to no avail. Oh well, if I get the 530's soon everything will be fine. No complaints really, given the deal that I got!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE:

Got an email from UPS letting me know that the 530's will be here tomorrow by the end of day. Very happy to hear that. Should give me some time over the weekend so check them out. Going to play them with and w/o my subs. Am a little bit excited here....LOL!!!!! :):):):)

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
These speakers are becoming a candy habit. ;) Can't wait for the shootout. I bet those JBL's will stay. :cool:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
These speakers are becoming a candy habit. ;) Can't wait for the shootout. I bet those JBL's will stay. :cool:
Yeah, I think that you are correct. As far as shootout goes, I really have no way to do a direct A/B comparison. Plus, I am NOT as good as Kurt(KEW) in writing up my observations. But, hey guess I can put something together. However, it will be highly subjective. Might can give some kind of idea of what I am hearing. Willing to try....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
UPDATE:

Got an email from UPS letting me know that the 530's will be here tomorrow by the end of day. Very happy to hear that. Should give me some time over the weekend so check them out. Going to play them with and w/o my subs. Am a little bit excited here....LOL!!!!! :):):):)
That is cool - maybe these will last longer than 8 months.:)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That is cool - maybe these will last longer than 8 months.:)
Yeah, that would be great....LOL!!! We'll just have to see what happens. Looking forward to getting them.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It is a little after 4:30 PM here and still no JBL 530's. Called UPS and they claim that my package will arrive today before 6:00 PM my time. Sure hope that they are correct. Been waiting all friggin day. Hopefully, I will get them.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
JBL's are here. But, got to go to hospital. It is an emergency. My Philippine sister is in surgery! Later!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE:

Philippine Sister is doing fine now. She had some kidney stones that had to be taken care of. Was so worried. Anyways, will have to open the 530's tomorrow sometime. Got a busy day tomorrow. It might even be Saturday before I can really check them out. Need to be there for my Philippine family. I am sure you all understand. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
UPDATE:

Philippine Sister is doing fine now. She had some kidney stones that had to be taken care of. Was so worried. Anyways, will have to open the 530's tomorrow sometime. Got a busy day tomorrow. It might even be Saturday before I can really check them out. Need to be there for my Philippine family. I am sure you all understand. Thanks!
Family first - glad the sister is doing better - the speakers will still be there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis