What are you watching tonight?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow 45 mins. Any human tried that without a tank, and gear would be messed up. I think dead. 45mins at depth and pressure.

Got appreciate gods wondrous nature of gifts.
Yep. Nature has any easy way of making mankind feel small :)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
HEAT (1995) Laserdisc
Dolby Stereo AC-3 digital 5.1 / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional x73 speakers

Wow like the colour on that Pepsi drink

Not even a seconds thought of pausing Chris, opens fires on the cops and all hell breaks lose on the street one of thee still best visually and sounding Dolby shoot-out I have listened too in the 1990's and even to, today I not listened too anything that can top HEAT.

The M733 have a recoil low end vibration that feels like a jack hammer being used on the road.

Ex-British, SAS worked as technical advisers on the film.

Those guys at the Soundelux did a cool mix on this film.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Completed season 2 of the arrow, couple more episodes of Lost Girl Season2. Maybe I completed the season as well. I was just too lazy to look. The garuda is dead.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Orphan Black Season 3 - Incredible Show

I got hooked on this a while back when I picked up my 4k TV and was watching the 4K version on Amazon Prime. This is one of the best written shows I have watched in a long time. It gains momentum each season and season 3 just getting better. There is just nothing like it on TV.

It amazes me that you have one actress play so many different characters and is able to give each one their own personality and actually make it believable. With multiple plot points, whether it be Sarah trying to find the CASTOR original, along with her clone lesbian Cosima, and facing so many different factions trying to stop/kill her. Or the housewife Allison, she plays as well who has opened a soap/undercover drug operation, etc. It all ends up being very entertaining, but nothing like her other clone Russian assassian mentally broken character Helena who is probably the most entertaining of them all.

It all boils down to one of the most original program I have viewed on TV, well written and quite entertaining.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Darn Cos I gotta watch that show the lead actress is really good, but I did see like three episodes about 2 years ago. :)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D B+ What a hoot to watch this one so much fun and the 3D was a nice touch. The lead actor looked like Liam Neeson. :)
Ep5 Netflix Daredevil A- The show is getting better and better.
Weekly Netflix series Between B+ 3 episodes in pretty good series after the second episode.
On DVD S3 E1-4 Entourage A-

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Terminator 2 (1991) Extreme region 1 DVD arrived Thursday with 3 showings.

I have the theatrical NTSC laserdisc to SE THX laserdisc CLV, to DVD ultimate edition to bluray.

Played T2 on the Phillips BDP7300 as I got it set-up to play region 1, can't suss out to get the Sony BDP-S550 set up with region 1 not that it matters. The Pioneer DVL-515 can do all regions but the BDP7300 with the upscale was better.

16:9 crops off a bit of the width on the LG.

Just scan shows a bit more % width.

The picture on T2 Extreme was more of the same common faults on some scenes where a third colour artificially gets mixed in with the original and is visually distracting due to a rushed transfer or whatever there doing wrong needs to be sorted and bluary is even more dire to look at. Watch the hallway scene in the metal hospital, the hue like blue colour and light coming though the hallway windows reflecting on the floor shows a cyan like colour due to excessive misaligned at the studio end of boasting levels far too high. So what we get is junk.

The near-field mixing needs to STOP! FAR FIELD or the highway.

Wouldn't mind this CDS mix version with reports saying its on a DVD out there somewhere?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched Jaws for the first time(seen it before a long time ago, but not in HD quality) on BD to celebrate 4th of July. Alot of grain in some parts, but still fun/scary to watch.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched Hercules 3D(With The Rock). Alot of fun & Great 3D I ducked through most of it. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got around to The Hobbit BotFA. Looked and sounded great, but the story was a bit too tweaked for my liking as seems to be Jackson's modus operandi. I still liked it for what it was, just as we already know, don't expect the book.

Last night watched Nightcrawler. That was pretty good, fairly intense. Great sound and video quality seemed quite good. Great character study and solid performance by Gyllenhaal. I think they pushed it a bit too far with the character to make their point, but it was very interesting. Worth a rent for sure.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Rented "The Lone Ranger" from redbox and watched on the recently fiddled with HT setup in the basement. I'm not sure why it got so much negative press. I thought Armie and Johnny were great together and that it was a better than good movie. Definitely an origin story type, so it was expected as the story progressed that it would slow up a little in the middle, but overall pretty darn entertaining. Full of dark humor and more of a story line than quite a few big hits out there IMO. I think I'm going to pick this one up and lament about how, of all the movies to get sequels, this one was definitely slighted.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Rented "The Lone Ranger" from redbox and watched on the recently fiddled with HT setup in the basement. I'm not sure why it got so much negative press. I thought Armie and Johnny were great together and that it was a better than good movie. Definitely an origin story type, so it was expected as the story progressed that it would slow up a little in the middle, but overall pretty darn entertaining. Full of dark humor and more of a story line than quite a few big hits out there IMO. I think I'm going to pick this one up and lament about how, of all the movies to get sequels, this one was definitely slighted.
Fuzz I had the same feeling that it would be a decent flick from what I read on various forums. I'll have to pick it up. Thanks.

Watched Alien VS Monsters 3D B+ and Guardians of the Galaxy 3D B-

On DVD Roy Orbison Black & White Night A+++ Extremely High Quality sound on this one. You'll have to turn the volume down from normal listening. Watched it twice last night and I have it on now as background music. :)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Rambo first blood part II (1985)
Dolby Stereo / 5.1 / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional

On ITV-4 last night p/s Dolby stereo, then decided to spin the DVD region 2 and NTSC digitally re-mastered laserdisc.

The DVD region 2 is okay with the picture being a bit contrast/brighter. The remix Dolby near-field 5.1 with stereo surrounds wasn't convincing enough would prefer FAR FIELD theatical mixes and Dolby format 42 mono surrounds 70mm, as this film I guess didn't have stereo surrounds when first released.

The NTSC laserdisc with LG flat screen in (Just Scan) picture mode shows a bit more width to picture even thou the image is non-16:9 squashed down (Zoom Mode 2) can stretch the vertical but it would crop off the side portions of the image. The colour is warmer thou I think that is how it did look at the cinema? Then again only saw it the once first nights late-night-show with fans cheering the hero.

Dolby Stereo on the laserdisc has the same slightly out-of-phase of + phase leakage into the surround channel that is damn annoying and distracting. First I notice of this was on the VHS rental 1986 when played thou a Dolby pro-logic many years later. Also on first DVD region 2 box-set that was only "Dolby Surround" for all 3 films, not all three had issue just "Rambo II".

The leakage effect on the Dolby 5.1 has even been made aware and corrected or fixed or re-mixed as I can switch from Digital to Analog with no sound breaks for compassion.

Region 2 DVD in (Just Scan) picture mode 16:9 a little cropped off at the sides for the transfer.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched I-Robot starring Will Smith . Its been a while since I watched this flick. Lots of low bass in that flick .

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Watched Jaws for the first time(seen it before a long time ago, but not in HD quality) on BD to celebrate 4th of July. Alot of grain in some parts, but still fun/scary to watch.
Lots of grain? Does it have lots of dirt and scratches as well?

Earthquake bluray has lots of grain but looks fake like digital grain it just looks odd. Oh its Universal Pictures as well. Maybe DNR and EE boosted contrast.

Jaws, if you look at the blue sky with sun in one scene the colour of the blue is starting to mix up with third artificial colour due to someone sat on their ass in front of computer messing with colour. I'll keep the early DVD its only a film watched maybe once ever few years now.

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
I've been watching sense8 on Netflix streaming… yes, I know, it's not hifi or anything new but the show, while slow to start, is pretty awesome! Reminiscent of a darker and R rated Heroes season 1. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Lots of grain? Does it have lots of dirt and scratches as well?
Well the grain was left from the film, but everything else looks good. No dirt or scratches that I could see. Colors were good in some scenes and ok in others. Blacks were very good. I read there was a little grain, but it was a bit more than expected. The film holds up very well though.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just watched "An Honest Liar" on Netflix and thought it was terrific. 5 stars from me.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Back To The Future marathon on TV...have dodged a tornado warning. This is teh first time ever in my life where a program was interupted with a tornado warning. I don't know how you guys in the midwest and the south east seaboard states live like this. Its spooky as hell.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Book of Life 3D over the weekend. The animation and 3D are excellent, music is fun and audio is very good. Story is good, not great, but as a whole, it was a very entertaining film.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis