What are you watching tonight?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched this last night.. This is a must watch for anyone into music other than hit singles...

I have to agree with the sentiment that music was at its creative peak between the mid to late 60s and 70s.

I watched this last night and the show had to do with the concept of an album as opposed to a single and how the album concept blossomed, evolved, grew, and ultimately died. This is not about which media is better so lets not go down that rathole.

http://www.documentarytube.com/videos/when-albums-ruled-the-world

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I miss AOR stations but there are probably some on the internet that I haven't found yet.

Jim

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched Die Hard, the 1st BluRay from my recently purchased Die Hard BluRay collection and I'm not overly impressed with the remastering of this. There is some improvement in sound quality over the DVD but its slim and far from good. The audio of Master & Commander on DVD is far better than the audio on this bluray. The video improvement is only slightly better than its DVD. That was the first BluRay of that set. Hopefully things will begin to improve with the 2nd BluRay.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nocturnal Animals (Amy Adams, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Shannon) - Definitely has the star power. But I thought it was one of the worst and annoying movies I've ever seen.

Arrival (Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker) - Also good star power. I thought it was a good movie, but definitely wouldn't wan't to watch this movie again. Definitely don't think it's worthy of "Best Picture" nomination.

Manchester by the Sea (Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Kyle Chandler) - Not so much star power. :D My wife thought this movie was worthy of "Best Picture" nomination. I don't think this movie is worthy of "Best Picture" nomination at all. I thought it was lame, boring, slow. Annoying.

Hacksaw Ridge (Andrew Garfield, Vince Vaughn, Sam Worthington, Hugo Weaving, Directed by Mel Gibson) - I think this movie is worth "Best Picture" nomination. It is exciting and interesting.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched "Legion 2017" S01E01 last night. Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey) plays David Haller (son of Professor X).

I thought it was excellent overall. Everything looked great (like a big budget movie) until the very last minute of the episode when the special effects looked cheap (like a TV show).

I definitely will be watching more episodes of "Legion".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5114356/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I can't watch this San Andreas home near field mix no more its Dolby trueHD Atmos junk that is just about fit for my cats scratching post.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Two shameless Things from universal that I can no longer listen too.

Fake stereo surrounds!
HD-DVD mild fake stereo surround in one of the scenes "the thing head" can be heard screaming on the surrounds with less than a flamethrower barque on the LFE.1.

bluray the fake stereo is only tweaked a small bit. Same thing screaming on the surrounds only a few db home near field mix louder and distracting! Same less than overcook on LFE.1 with flamethrower.

The DVD early edition I would say is close to 70mm release as the surrounds are mono discrete with flames burning around the surrounds when the thing head is roasted and with some LFE.1 to give it a good overcooking, not some lame Dolby plus, dtshadma that sounds like a fizzy drink with low sugar and no sparkle.

I think I'll upgrade to the signature collection THX AC-3 laserdisc for vintage listening fun bluray and HD formats sucks! Total waste of money. Boycotting bluray. 4k I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole more of the same near field mixing and soundtrack tampering with. THEATRICALS ONLY IN FAR FIELD!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw The Walking Dead season 7 finale. Wow, what an extremely haunting, emotional, exciting, tragic, yet awesome finale.

Also saw Homeland season 6 finale. Also as tragic as ever, but continues to be excellent.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Iron fist s1 e5 this by for was by far the worst episode. Some good eye candy with the lead asian lady and Rosario was a good surprise.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Iron fist s1 e5 this by for was by far the worst episode. Some good eye candy with the lead asian lady and Rosario was a good surprise.
I hope you are not letting some of us (like me :D) bias you into hating Iron Fist. ;)

Arrow, Prometheus, and any of fighters (protagonists and antagonists) on "Arrow" can beat Iron Fist and anyone in "Iron Fist".

I think Netflix has some good stuffs (Daredevil (& hopefully Punisher), House of Cards, Narcos, The Crown, Marco Polo, Stranger Things, Sense8, Bloodline, ). But Netflix also has some pathetic crap (Hemlock Grove, and I personally add Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones to this list).

But I know some of you guys like them. :D

Amazon Prime also has great original shows - Man in the High Castle, Hand of God, Goliath, Mozart in the Jungle; although I thought Mad Dog was stupid. Bosch S01 was great. But I started S02 and it seems kind of boring.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm probably saving that until I have all 10 episodes on my Kodi. Then I'll binge watch. :D
Thought of that, but couldn't wait. I'd probably forget to change the save episode default setting of 5 anyways, lol, like I did with Legion.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thought of that, but couldn't wait. I'd probably forget to change the save episode default setting of 5 anyways, lol, like I did with Legion.
It's awesome how a "prequel" can be this good. It makes sense with the same creator and writers and everything.

It's too bad the "prequel" to "The Walking Dead" is so pathetic.

I bet TWD's creator Frank Darabont is laughing his butts off since AMC fired him from TWD. :D

Perhaps show creators are important.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's awesome how a "prequel" can be this good. It makes sense with the same creator and writers and everything.

It's too bad the "prequel" to "The Walking Dead" is so pathetic.

I bet TWD's creator Frank Darabont is laughing his butts off since AMC fired him from TWD. :D

Perhaps show creators are important.
Can't stand anything zombie myself, but TWD does get good reports. With guys like Vince Gilligan and Noah Hawley hopefully corporate guys are appreciating their value....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can't stand anything zombie myself, but TWD does get good reports. With guys like Vince Gilligan and Noah Hawley hopefully corporate guys are appreciating their value....
Vince Gilligan is awesome alright.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Simply couldn't celebrate star wars so I tied this rubbish star wars 7 disney awakens to cat scratching post instead.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not a Zombie guy either. Never understood the appeal. It took a friend of mine almost 2 years to talk me into watching TWD. I don't miss an episode now. It's way more about how the people deal with each other than about zombies. They're an ever present danger, but at least they're predictable. Some of the people are far worse.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis