What are you watching tonight?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not a Zombie guy either. Never understood the appeal. It took a friend of mine almost 2 years to talk me into watching TWD. I don't miss an episode now. It's way more about how the people deal with each other than about zombies. They're an ever present danger, but at least they're predictable. Some of the people are far worse.
Exactly!

I keep on telling my wife the same thing. TWD is NOT really about zombies!!! Zombies are just the "setting" or background. TWD is about the PEOPLE. You don't usually get killed by zombies in TWD; you get killed by other people.

That's why the genre often doesn't matter to me. A great movie or show will be great no matter the genre.

Just like back when "Breaking Bad" came out. The premise didn't appeal to me at all - a chemist compounding methamphetamine.

But "Breaking Bad" was not REALLY about a guy making methamphetamine. The Meth was just the setting or background. The show was about a guy who tried to keep his life and family together under devastating tragic circumstances. The only thing you can do in life is try your best when presented with difficult circumstances.

I think stories are only successful when they truly focus on the PEOPLE, not the zombies, mummies, aliens, monsters, vampires, lycans, etc., which should ONLY be the background.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OK, maybe I'll try TWD one of these days but if I binge watch it's all your guys fault! ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
OK, maybe I'll try TWD one of these days but if I binge watch it's all your guys fault! ;)
OMG. The advantage that you have - having all the seasons to watch so no need to wait for a year on cliffhangers.

Character development is salient in TWD, just like it is salient in any masterpiece novel.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OMG. The advantage that you have - having all the seasons to watch so no need to wait for a year on cliffhangers.

Character development is salient in TWD, just like it is salient in any masterpiece novel.
When I watched Breaking Bad a couple seasons in (also thought, what a show about making meth?!) it was great not to watch commercials and do it in a short period of time...I'm not the best at regularly watching serial episodes weekly (if not for a dvr I'd just give up), it was that last season that was still airing that drove me nuts. Fargo I can't wait for either, nor Better Call Saul, tho. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When I watched Breaking Bad a couple seasons in (also thought, what a show about making meth?!) it was great not to watch commercials and do it in a short period of time...I'm not the best at regularly watching serial episodes weekly (if not for a dvr I'd just give up), it was that last season that was still airing that drove me nuts. Fargo I can't wait for either, nor Better Call Saul, tho. :)
I love Fargo too. Another quality character-driven how.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I put TWD on the same pedestal as Breaking Bad. I think it's that good.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't know if this mini tv series were mentioned earlier, but I just finished watching last episode of the show "The Night of" and its freaking awesome. Highly recommended.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know if this mini tv series were mentioned earlier, but I just finished watching last episode of the show "The Night of" and its freaking awesome. Highly recommended.
I saw that. It was great. I usually love HBO's drama series.

I finished watching HBO's mini-series Little Big Lies a few weeks ago. Also great.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
HBO series Big Love. On season 4. Always wanted to see it. With Bill Paxton recent passing I started watching. It's so good. Carnival Season 1. Didn't think I'd like it so far so good. Deadwood season 1 dunno if I like it I watched 2 episodes so far and meh. The Tunnel Season 1 great series so far. All on Amazon prime video.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Cat litter for Tron Legacy for being a re-mix near field on small speakers at disney that have no standards.

The picture colour was distracting from switching from Scope 2.40:1 to LIEMAX every 10 minutes it did my head in worst than 3d.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Bosch,entire Season 3 is out since yesterday. Time to binge watch.
I think Badlands will have to wait.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis