Enter to Win: SVS PC12-NSD Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Irishsaab

Audiophyte
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:

[*]Other -- Describe:[/LIST]

Umm, you forgot: heart pounding bass!

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?

All I know is Tom talks about these guys like there are SUB building gods.

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

Any speakers for this highly rated and recommended company would be a dream come true!

T

toothboy

Audiophyte
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
iPhone/Android Remote App.
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Uncompromising bass and quality.

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

A tower speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and whose price reflects its quality.

SaviorMachine

SaviorMachine

Enthusiast
Question 1:
  1. Auto Room EQ
  2. Dedicated LFE Input
  3. Other -- Describe:

Placement-friendly port and radiator design
    DSP-based amp and driver protection

Question 2:

Over-built, bulletproof design philosophy. Mammoth output in the ultra-deep bass region. The most appealing balance of features, performance, appearance, warranty and price in the ID space. The only company that still builds cylinders. Killer cylinders.

Question 3:

Something completely different: a high-sensitivity, high-output standmount monitor. Horn-loaded compression drivers. Pro-audio style, not a penny spent on fancy veneers. SVSound subs belong in dedicated home theaters, and the budget- and boutique-style speakers that SVSound have sold in the past don't fully address the needs of large spaces.

J

Joebilly

Audiophyte
Answer 1:
Auto Room EQ
LFE Input

Answer 2:
To me, SVS conjures up an image of controlled power.

Answer 3:
High sensitivity at a low price point. We plebians would love to get SVS quality sound!

Deadeye

Deadeye

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
Other -- Describe:

The most important feature to me in a sub woofer is the ability to play loud, clean and deep.

Question 2:

Several things come to mind; most bang for the buck, generally high quality and hassle free returns.

Question 3:

My dream speaker from SVS or anyone else would be electrostatic, planar magnetic or ribbon panels with dual sub woofers, that I can afford.:D

B

brianjof

Audioholic Intern
SVS Subwoofer

Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
Other -- Describe:

Other - Loud and deep, but quick

Question 2:

High quality at good value

Question 3:

Built in power sub, affordable

T

Tonto

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

I have followed SVS since they 1st started making subs, I have come to expect first rate quality in their products, excellent customer support, and affordable prices...a great company. And that's what I tell my friends!

Question 3:

You know, I'm not an expert when it comes to the pariticulars. I do know that the speaker must look good...must continue to make that rosewood finish which is absolutly gorgeous. It must also have very detailed highs...I wouldn't mind seeing a horn loaded design. And dialog must be clear. As I age, my ears don't seem to be holding up their end of the bargin. I hate not being abe to understand what the characters are saying/singing. Bass...not so important, I know my PB-13U will handle that.

O

Orobug

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

High quality Subs

Question 3:

I would really like to see a high quality 5.1 speaker setup for PC (Gaming , Audio and Movies)

B

bigdaddygtw1

Audiophyte
Question 1:
what are the most important features to you in a subwoofer?
auto room eq
xlr connections

Question 2: what comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
"BASS MASTER" UTTER EXCITEMENT.

Question 3: SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. describe your dream speaker from SVS.

affordable,high sensitivity,tru full range and ruler flat.

dr_rick

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Quality subwoofers. I know SVS also makes speakers, but subwoofers is what I think of.

Question 3:

It would be a tower speaker with fairly decent extension that was also very linear across the frequency range. My ideal situation would be to have a speaker that is a very solid performer that also is affordable ($500-800). The term "premium" leads me to believe I won't be able to afford these speakers.

L

lboregard

Enthusiast
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Cost-effective yet impressively sounding speakers

Question 3:
I'd love an elegant looking, yet powerful speaker system. I want a wall of sound at affordable prices, without compromising quality

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
1)
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs ( - adjustable slopes)
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
Other - Something that will chain-integrate multiple subwoofers together with phase adjustments etc for you..

2) Infrasonics :D

3) > 92db sensitivity and > 4 ohm nominal impedance, Dual 10 inch woofers with shorting rings, good crossover; active if necessary, low diffraction, truly excellent polar response, blends seamlessly to a subwoofer, does not try to hit 20hz "just to be called reference", +/- 1.5db from 100hz to 10khz, resolving midrange sound, smooth treble, all under $3K. The closest thing I have in mind would be a JBL LSR 6332. I think dual 10s would be more aesthetically pleasing than a single 12.

Last edited:
D

Dster

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
High quality, hard hitting subs at an affordable price.
Question 3:
A 3-way monitor speaker to pair with subs. The use of high quality crossovers, drivers, and a cabinet of the thickest, most anti resonate materials possible. Function over fashion. Flat black is good.

D

dvc dude

Enthusiast
Question #1.
Auto Room EQ
XLR Connections

Question #2
High quality Subs
Great value
Made in midwest

Question #3
Clean, clear sound
Flat response
Beautiful imagery
WAF appeal cabinets

J

JP99

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

High quality Subs!

Question 3:

Clear sounding, highly sensitive, uncolored sound. Affordability would help. :)

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
SVS Survey

Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Response: Dedicated LFE input and minimum 20-Hz performance without distortion.

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS? Response: Kick-*** subwoofers, especially in the virtually unique cylinder shape (though I am aware that SVS also offers non-sub speakers).

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS. Response: I would like to a see a dream speaker with atypical, high-performance technology (e.g., a ribbon, planar, Heil, or electrostatic design), like those speaker technologies used by Sunfire, GoldenEar Technology, MartinLogan, and Magnepan.

C

canelli

Audioholic
Question 1:
  • Auto Room EQ
  • Dedicated LFE Input
  • XLR Connections

Question 2:
  • Good performing subwoofers for price range

Question 3:
  • A robust enough designed speaker to allow somewhat near wall placement (1-1.5ft) for those of us lacking space.
  • Being able to choose between either a nice flat black or piano finish. (Aesthetics is a crucial part of wife approval.)

R

Rexxe

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
XLR Connections

Question 2:

Amazing high-quality subwoofers

Question 3:

My dream speaker would be one which is very sensitive, allows bi-amping, gold plated connectors, and attractive with real wood paneling. They should be heavy and well braced as well with floorstanders having built in spikes!

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Well, when I hear SVS in my experience I think of the gateway into high-end audio components at any price-point. SVS offer audio components for customers at any level from entry to high-end.

Question 3:

My dream speaker is not something that is expensive, but something that provide the performance of expensive speakers at a fraction of the cost.

D

dwh

Banned
Question 1:
  1. Graphical User Interface
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  4. Front Mounted Controls
  5. iPhone/Android Remote App.
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  8. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
  9. High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
  10. Other -- Describe:
(other) Subsonic frequency response, everything else is just icing on the cake.

Question 2:
Internet direct subwoofers

Question 3:
Something that can spank Klipsch Reference series speakers for about half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis