Enter to Win: SVS PC12-NSD Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
SV Sound is giving away a PC12-NSD Subwoofer to one (1) lucky entrant!

You've heard about them, you've read about them, you've probably drooled over them. Now it's time to take a stab at getting an SVS sub for free! All you need do is answer a few questions in this contest thread and cross your fingers that your answer is the one randomly selected to win this great sub! Here's what you could be taking home:

PC12-NSD – Discover Truly Affordable High Performance
The original SVS subwoofer was a cylinder design, and this unique and elegant form factor has since become an iconic symbol of SVS performance heritage. The PC12-NSD is SVS’s most affordable powered cylinder, but after experiencing its performance, no one would dare call it 'entry level'. Every component reflects SVS performance pedigree, and the PC12-NSD obliterates over-priced and under-performing brick & mortar subwoofers, even at twice the price. Prepare to be pleasantly shocked at what the PC12-NSD will bring to your music and home theater system – bass so accurate, detailed, dynamic, and deep that after one listen your old 'subwoofer' will be kicked to the curb.

With only a 16.5" diameter footprint, the PC12-NSD will fit into almost any location, and no other subwoofer design offers more bass performance per square inch of floor space. Using vertical height to achieve a generous enclosure volume and a deep-tuned port, the result is excellent deep bass performance and outstanding mid-bass slam – all in a very manageable size. Finished in high-grade black velour fabric, this unique and elegant subwoofer will complement the most upscale décors and high-end theaters.

• 400 watts RMS continuous power (800 watts peak dynamic power).
  • Down-firing 12” Aluminum cone SVS NSD driver.
  • Wide-flared 4" port for maximum air-flow with no artifacts.
  • 20 Hz tuning for optimal extension and output on all source material.
  • Efficient, cool-running Class D power with 'green' standby mode.
  • Stereo line-level RCA I/O connections.
  • Separate high-passed and unfiltered line level outputs.
  • Continuously variable low pass filter.
  • DSP control for refined behavior under all operating conditions.
  • MSRP $749

Contest Eligibility Requirements:
  • You Must be a registered Audioholics forum member
  • Have USA Residence
  • Answer the questions in the thread below
  • Post only ONCE in this thread

Contest Questions:
Please answer the below questions by replying to this thread and we will pick a winner randomly which will be announced on the Audioholics facebook fan page (facebook.com/audioholics), the SVS facebook page (facebook.com/SVSound) and in this thread.

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
  1. Graphical User Interface
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  4. Front Mounted Controls
  5. iPhone/Android Remote App.
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  8. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
  9. High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
  10. Other -- Describe:

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

For updates on this contest and all the latest info on SVS, follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/SVSound

Note this contest ends on April 30th, 2012. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yay, another contest :)

Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs

Question 2:
Subwoofers :)

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
A highly sensitive + accurate + inexpensive speaker would be my dream speaker.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Android Remote App.
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS? Bass!

Question 3:
Big Deep sound in a small/medium package, Clear precise sound, Like I'm hearing in person type sound(concert), savings, savings, savings + More savings.

J

joshus77

Enthusiast
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

I think of the button on my remote and when I would press it the tv would start speaking spaninsh. LOL

Question 3:

I would like a self amp'd folded horn sub and it would roam around the room like rumba and vacuum the room while not in use.
If my wife were to tell me to turn the folded rumba speaker down it would auto adjust the volume so no matter how loud she yelled it would never let me hear anything she had to say. Call it the SVS Married-life speaker.
Now that's a dream speaker - Oh if she gets to aggressive in trying to yell over the speaker the speaker has a brown note function which makes her soil herself forcing her to retreat in shame.

I hope I win!

R

Rubicon_Joey

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
iPhone/Android Remote App.

Question 2:
Subwoofers!

Question 3:
My dream would be dual woofers in a TV stand that’s large enough to house my cable box, Xbox, ps3 and my AVR with enough room for them all to breathe. It would need to have top of line woofers that would blow me away and look good in my living room. I don't ever foresee this being done outside of DIY or custom order but that’s why it's my dream....

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Subwoofers. Rolling thunder.

Question 3:
Wireless active speakers in a full compliment of towers, bookshelves, centers, and surrounds. All finished to match your subs and have a high WAF and value. Maybe with their own room correction built in too. Efficient amplification so as to not heat up the house as well.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Question 1:
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  10. Other -- Describe:

Question 2:

MikeC :)

Question 3:

Front ported wall mountable bookshelves with recessed binding posts and directional tweeters.

B

benbodtke

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity

Question 2:
Quality

Question 3:
I am sure you already got it right, I cant think of anything better than what you guys already produce. Wireless connectivity would be nice to open placement possibilities.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input
Other -- Describe: Finish quality; it can't just sound good, it has to look good too... according to the significant other.

Question 2:

Loud, clean bass.

Question 3:

A full range tower speaker that would blend with subs would be nice. Something producing sound from in the 40hz range up through 20khz. Once again, it'd have to have the quality finish.

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Other -- Describe: I'm assuming that the graphical interface goes hand-in-hand with the remote app. If the remote app can control the sub's level while I remain on the couch, that would be perfect; I can't stand having to run back and forth to turn dials as I'm crawling for bass.

Question 2:

PB13 Ultra
PB12 Plus
PB12 Plus 2

Question 3:

Switchable bipolar / monopolar operation
Textbook linear on and off-axis response in all directions from 20 kHz to 20 Hz
Adequate bracing to reduce all panel resonance to an inaudible level
Available in the most popular wood finishes and piano black.
Passive crossover

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

Question 1:
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  10. Other -- Describe:

From that list, the important ones to me would be dedicated LFE input and high level speaker inputs and outputs.

Question 2:
high quality and intelligently engineered subs
Question 3:
Higher sensitivity than SVS's current lines of speakers, for starters. Flat frequency response, good off-axis performance, strong dynamic range. Hopefully something that doesn't need a powerful amplifier to run on also, ie something that will work with typical receiver's amps, so serious impedance dips. Since we are talking about dream speakers, how about just giving us something that looks and sounds exactly like TAD Ones, but at 1/100th the cost?

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Highest quality, medium price [Great value]

Question 3:

Attractive speakers with unparalleled mid detail with transparent highs and tight clear lows.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
Other -- Describe:

Question 2:

The fact that I want 2 PB13-Ultras.

Question 3:

I'm going to go something for the masses and say a powered desktop monitor system with a matching compact subwoofer option.

K

Kblev

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
I can only go by what I've read in forums and that I would love to win one to try out for myself.
Question 3:
Beautiful sounding and WAF to put in my family room, rather than my basement.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Question 1: What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

For those of us that have receivers without the ability to EQ a sub having another option is pretty significant. Wireless has become more appealing to me these past few years, because placement options are often dictated (limited?) by cabling concerns. Front mounted controls are nice too, making it far easier to adjust things then if the controls are on the back. This one isn't an absolute necessity though. Dedicated inputs are always nice.

Question 2: What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?

A company that makes quality subs. The SVS name has become virtually synonymous with solid products at (mostly) reasonable prices.

Question 3: SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

My HT area is not all that large, so a top-quality bookshelf speaker is paramount to me. Something articulate, clean and able to produce clarity in minute detail is what would work best for me. Cabinetry has to be exquisite as well.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface

Auto room EQ

Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
XLR Connections

Dedicated LFE Input

Other : I love the whole furniture /cabinet grade finish that you already provide with the ultra

Question 2:

Chest thumping power, HT to remember :D

Question 3:

First I go for the whole furniture /cabinet grade approach, I like a tower that is affordable for the average HT enthusiast, front ported for easy placement closer to the wall and the matching center , more color/finish choices for the most WAF possible

S

SnowmaNick

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
Wireless Connectivity (would be nice)
Front Mounted Controls ( a la JLA where they hide under a grill)
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs (if using with a two channel rig)

Other -- Describe: Sound quality (overall number one)

Question 2:

Ed Mullen and Jack Gilvey, excellent service, solid products, a name I can trust.

Question 3:

Mine would be a large, 3 way, stand mountable LCR speaker that has a high efficiency design, and is designed to be paired with premium SVS subs, so deep bass isn't essential but robust output through the midbass frequencies (down to about 60 HZ or so). I'd also love it to match a smaller wall mountable speaker for use as a surround. They would also need to have furniture grade finishes available that match SVS subs.

K

klsoundtech

Audiophyte
contest entry answers

question 1:Other-sound quality,dedicated lfe input,front mount controls
?2 answer:highest quality products and top-notch professional advise
#3 answer:a bookshelf speaker of the highest quality capable of handling a wide range of dynamic sound

A

alpnut

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Great subs at reasonable prices

Question 3:

Top notch finishes & performance

H

Haberskir

Enthusiast
Question 1:
Wireless Connectivity

Question 2:
The SVS bill of rights... these rights are the main reason SVS is on the top of my list.

Question 3:

Great looking, not overly large and able to fit in a smaller room. Choice of real wood veneer, gloss black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis