Enter to Win: SVS PC12-NSD Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rjhokie

Audiophyte
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
The loudest and lowest subs for the price

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
Speakers that offer huge dynamics and play loud. They would place a premium on engineering and incorporate features that reduce coloration but do it in a value conscience way

K

kesando

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:

1. Graphical User Interface
2. Auto Room EQ
3. Wireless Connectivity
4. Front Mounted Controls
5. iPhone/Android Remote App.
6. XLR Connections
7. Dedicated LFE Input
8. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
9. High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
10. Other -- Describe:

Question 2:

Great Subwoofers

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

Multi driver towers with high sensitivity, accurate sound and deep bass extension down to at least 30hz. Premium wood finishes would be nice also including the return of the Rosenut finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Muzikal-JRNE

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Other -- Describe:
(1) Sound quality
(2) Output & Extension (Low & High)
(3) Value

Question 2:

High Quality Products, Excellent Customer Service, Good Value

Question 3:

High SQ, High Output, High Value

Cheers, Joe

V

Volta

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:

XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
Other -- Describe:

Question 2:

High quality, deep and well built subwoofers.

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS

Maybe a high quality ribbon tweeter, custom finishes, mid sized towers and wall mounted surrounds

gregcss

gregcss

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:

1. Auto Room EQ
2. Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

High quality, powerful subwoofers at an affordable price

Question 3:

High quality drivers, excellent midrange, and visually pleasing.

F

frankrcarter

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
iPhone/Android Remote App.
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
Other -- Describe:

Auto Room EQ, Wirless Connectivity, and XLR connections

Question 2:

Big subwoofers with great value.

Question 3:

Non boxy, good looking speakers that are great for the money.

J

jamieo1337

Audiophyte
Pick me

I want to win!!!

Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Lots of bang for your buck and no regrets on purchasing!

Question 3:
A quality 3-way speaker. I would like to see phase plugs, wave guides and it would be great if you could incorporate a ribbon type tweeter.

In addition, I would like to see a center channel speaker that actually matches the main speakers in performance and exact voice matching. One that provides a truly seamless front sound-stage!

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

High quality, internet-direct speakers and subwoofers that are designed and built in the midwest, and sold at a price that puts the offshore manufactured products to shame.

Question 3:

Great sounding, great looking speakers that I can afford (a three-way tower at about the $500 point)
  • Two sets of jumpered 5-way binding posts for bi-amping.
  • Glossy, piano-black finish.
  • An LCR speaker combo if I want to go in that direction as well as a set-up that uses the same drivers in a center channel that are used in the left and right towers.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Chris Wall

F

fbov

Enthusiast
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Tower/sono subwoofers, high quality, full featured, good product

Question 3:

A speaker that disappears behind the sound field it produces.

Have fun,
Frank

G

Gusgt

Audiophyte
1. What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer?
Sound quality in a subwoofer is number one, as it compliments the unique room characteristics. If for instance "auto room equalization" helps me achieve this goal them I'm happy.

2. What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
This one is easy, since I have never had the privilege of hearing a SVS speaker in person then SVS's Bill of Rights immediately comes to mind. It sure establishes a sound starting point.

3. SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
I wish for a speaker system that seamlessly blends together, not one box calling attention to itself. The appearance catches the eye at first but then when the sound comes it should be a totally auditory experience.

L

leonardom

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
good design and value... front facing sub ports.

Question 3:
PC12-plus wrapped in a PB13-Ultra's Natural Oak finish. :)

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
quality sound at a reasonable price.

Question 3:

Full range floor stander that can reach "concert" levels without breaking up or sounding harsh and does NOT need a subwoofer. Important that it can be happy being driven by tubes OR solid state.

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
  1. Graphical User Interface
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  4. Front Mounted Controls
  5. iPhone/Android Remote App.
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  8. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
  9. High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
  10. Other -- Describe:
2. Auto Room EQ
10. High Pass Speaker Level outputs (tied to sub crossover).
11. Musical

Question 2:
Quality sub woofers

Question 3:
Quality drivers, high sensitivity (90 dB or above), gorgeous finish.

J

Jackte50

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
iPhone/Android Remote App

Question 2:
Quality sub woofers

Question 3:
Speakers that disappear behind sound field

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
1) What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:

Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls

2) What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?

Well since I have never seen or auditioned an SVS sub before all I have to go on is what I've read in reviews. From that I gather that SVS subs have very good build quality, excel in both movie and music reproduction and are very competitive with some of the best subs out there.

3) SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

Since I'm a fan of acoustic suspension monitors I'm going to say I'd like to see something that's slightly larger than the typical bookshelf speaker. Something like a 7" or 8" mid-woofer paired with a nice hard-domed tweeter or a nice ribbon.

M

mwere

Audiophyte
SVS Contest

Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Quality and a company whose sub-woofers I would like to own one day.

Question 3:

I currently have a set of tower speakers that hit as low as 35hz but did not hit the pocket book. I would have to say I would like to see that. As well as a sub that hits a true 20hz with a cost or below $1000.

D

Definitive_Tech

Audiophyte
SVS contest

Question 1:

XLR connection, dedicated LFE input, High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs

Question 2:

Solid

Question 3:

Musical yet thunderous

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
sub woofers

Question 3:

Would like to see 18" / 21" that hit around 8Hz.

F

fgiles

Enthusiast
SVS Subwoofer Contest

Replies below.

Question 1:

Other - 1) clarity of sound and how well the sound integrates with other speakers
2) unobtrusive appearance

Question 2:

Not much. My familiarity is low

Question 3:

A high-quality, main channel speaker with excellent treble and mid-range sound, especially at low volume levels, and enough bass to integrate well with a suitable subwoofer. Appearance that will blend in with room decor. Reasonalbe price.

K

krajnik

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Powerful subs with good bass extension.

Question 3:

Reasonably priced (<$1000 per pair) with flat frequency response and good aesthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis