Enter to Win: SVS PC12-NSD Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NormanPCN

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Room EQ. A setup like Paradigm (USB port you use your PC with) seems simple.
The best sub in the world can be junk if you can't deal with room modes. Subwoofer placement is most times severely restricted, unless it is a clean slate media room.

Question 2:
Solid quality. Deliver as spec'd (no hand waving arguments)

Question 3:
Get the sensitivity up. 82dB is very low.

W

worm254

Audiophyte
looks good

Q1: room eq and lfe are the most important to me. i see a sub as a set it and forget it once properly eq'ed .

Q2: POWERFUL!

Q3: good looks (not big and bulky or a box design) matched with clean sound. i currently own KEF speakers because they sound great but also look great. In a living room, looks matter almost just as much as how they sound.

S

SWSW

Audioholic Intern
SVS Subwoofer Contest

What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply;

Dedicated LFE Input
Wireless Connectivity

2( What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
High quality and performance level subs

3)SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
Same dedication to speakers as the subs. I would also like to see speakers that can blend into a living area well.
Something that blends in more with a HT room. Priced in the 4K to 8K range for a 7.2 system.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
1. 1,2,7.
2.Great sounding subs for a reasonable price.
3. Small tower, something that you can see the speakers cones but is still safe with kids around. Something like the grills on the krells. Enclosures options other than wood.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
Graphical User Interface
**Auto Room EQ
**Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
iPhone/Android Remote App.
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
Other -- Describe:

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?

Power. Sore back muscles.

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

"Real" full range, world class (probably RAAL) tweeters, luscious veneer, unique aesthetics.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply: Max range (sub 20Hz) in mini box. Why Do I want a sub that doubles as my coffee table? I have alot of free space, but I want to be able to use it. A sub that hides behind my media center, or under my couch... cool. A sub that guests use a chair or mini table, not cool.

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS? Cool, high quality products. Nice asthetics.

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

My Dream Speaker is one that is full range 20K-15Hz, but in the size of one of those USB powered iPod speakers. More realistically, a subwolfer that can fit under the couch (can you say height of <4").

M

mrwierdwrench

Audiophyte
1)auto EQ, high level/ speaker level inputs,small footprint. 2)high quality, reasonable price 3) high efficiency,small footprint, reasonable price

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Subs

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS
Full range towers and center up front. Bi/Dipoles for surrounds and a sub that gets in the low 20's. A great price/performance ratio. Lots of finishes to choose from. I wish there would be some way to blend in the surrounds with the wall color (my wife hates seeing my black surrounds haning on our tan walls).

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Question 1:
  1. Graphical User Interface
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  4. Front Mounted Controls
  5. iPhone/Android Remote App.
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  8. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
  9. High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
  10. Other -- Describe:

I dont really want an auto EQ that tweaks everything for me because i would rather do it myself but an advanced eq feature would be great.

Pretty much the rest of it.. meh.. XLR connectivity would be nice. But I am not a fan of powered subwoofers so when I say that I mean on an external amplifier/processor

Question 2:

cylindrical subs

Question 3:

An exact clone of the B&W 800D for like 800 bucks ;) Thats pretty much my dream speaker at the moment so.... anything less pretty much isint my dream speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
SVS Contest

Question 1:
Dedicated LFE input and lowpass filter or EQ are important to me. The other features can be taken care of up stream by the receiver or other electronics.

Question 2:
High end subwoofers at reasonable prices. I don't have any experience with their speakers.

Question 3:
Excellent performance for movies and music. Reasonable size and great looks. Maintain the high price to performance ratio of other SVS products.

H

HDSapper

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Android Remote App. (cool, but unnecessary, option)
XLR Connections
Other -- Describe: Authoritative Sound!

Question 2:

Big boxes and tall cylinders. Love the cylindrical subs!

Question 3:

Tall, black satin beauties, with sealed enclosures, and ribbon tweeters.

D

diceburna

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Good quality Subs for a decent price

Question 3:

A subwoofer that is tight like 8-10in sub and has the bass extension of 13in sub

C

ChicagoLR3

Audioholic
Question 1: The auto room correct and lfe input are the items that i look for.

Question 2: cylinder subwoofers is what i think of first. That and the mbs line of speakers because i was considering them.

Question 3: A true three way floor speaker. Taller, like over 40" or so.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
Q1: What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer?
Dedicated LFE Input

Q2: What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
Kick-@$$, no compromise subs

Q3: Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
Large, three-way towers, with two woofers, two mid drivers, and some sort of exotic tweeter in a 1-inch thick, sculpted cabinet. Oh, and they’d need to be front-ported since, due to WAF issues, there wouldn’t be much room behind them. All for less than $2k for a pair. I can dream, right?

eagleshadow

eagleshadow

Audiophyte
eagleshadow

Q1 Auto room EQ, dedicated LFE inputs and value.
Q2 Quality Innovation and Style.
Q3 A complete matched 7.1 system with a wireless option for all but R,L and Center speakers.

K

khorny

Audiophyte
Q1. Other. Tight loud and low bass. Accurate sound with powerful reproduction of the low Hz.
Q2. Quality, value and customer service.
Q3. Mt-02 towers, mbs-02 bookshelfs for surrounds and 2x sb13 plus. Not only my dream svs system. It's my dream system. Period.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Question 1:
Front Mounted Controls
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Good price to performance ratio

Question 3:

Well balanced from top to bottom. No specific emphasis on any specific frequency range. Performs above its price class. Something that would make me want to replace my Paradigm S8's but still be affordable.

sofast1

sofast1

Enthusiast
Pick Me!

1. LFE input
2. subwoofers
3. A speaker that sounds better than my B&Ws and costs significantly less.:rolleyes:

J

JonKron

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Dedicated LFE Input
Small footprint, big output and attractive (a big factor with the wife ;)
Value

Question 2:
Forgive me, still learning some of the players in the audiophile market. The product being offered appears to be what I am looking for, big quality bass performance in a smaller package at a reasonable price.

Question 3:
3-D imaging and lack of coloration. The speaker should be a conduit for the music and allow the natural sound to come through. Also, Audissey helps in this regard, but I do enjoy having larger sweet spots because a lot of my listening is with friends so the bi-polar and in-direct sound designs seem to appeal to me. However, size is also a factor. I cannot afford to have a dedicated listening room AND a home theater room. Our living room is it. Therefore, finding a balance between quality and size is a struggle in my household with the wife. She understands that the speakers need to be at least a meter from the back and side walls for imaging, but she will move them (all 60 lbs) back against the wall (and "out of the way"), any chance she gets. I am pretty sure I am not alone out there...

arbeck77

arbeck77

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Subwoofers

Question 3:
High SPL bookshelf speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis