DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
Thank you for the update. I know it has to be tough on you. Has there been any communication since the last date that was not delivered on?
I appreciate the interest. This thread morphed into being about way more than just my refund a long time. Most notably, all the info about the "underfunding" of charities has been a real eye-opener for everyone(myself included). Before learning of all these issues surrounding mls, I had been a little more willing to believe his excuses. I'm now pretty sure that the "sale for a friend" that I took part in was for imaginary products.

Regarding communication, a few more emails claiming the end of the process is near and that I and a others will receive what we are owed. Basically the same thing as all the others only this time he didn't set a specific date. So I remain quite pessimistic.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I purchased a Onix CD-5 from av123 in April. It arrived in good time . No problems. I don't mean to downplay what you say happened to you, but it doesn't always happen. I just placed an order today for a garage sale item as well. I don't understand why you would spend so much energy posting things on forums that won't help you get a refund, and not just use the normal business channels. Maybe you have?
I thought that AV123 was no longer an authorized Onix distributor. If so, that may impact any warranty issues you may have. Rather than check with Shifty, find one of the legitimate Onix distributors and ask them if your unit is covered under warranty and how service is obtained if needed.

The garage sale items are pretty funny. A bunch of broken or defective Onix equipment that may've been sent in by customers during the time AV123 and Mr. Pu were buddies and subsequently replaced by new and properly functioning equipment as well as some AV123 junk subs are kept rather than trashed. Then years later the stuff is sold. Times must be tough over there.

Yeah, still following the thread, but after I read about the situation with the charities not receiving funds they are owed I've never been less optimistic.
The four that appear to have been verified and shorted to various degrees are only the tip.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or another as quite a few guys have posted about their attempts seeking a refund in this thread. If you are addressing me then let me assure you I have tried to handle this privately this entire time but all mls has done is tell me that I will have the refund by x date and once that date arrives he then sets another date. He has done this eight or nine times since March(I've lost count). If you were referring to someone else then I'm sorry for the mixup.
Is it possible for you to refresh everyone's, and especially my memory as to how much it is that you're owed? Were attempts made by Shifty to convert the debt into store credit?

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
I thought that AV123 was no longer an authorized Onix distributor.
I'm certain I read on another forum that there is one North American distributor for Onix and it's not av123(sorry but I can't remember who the distributor is).

The four that appear to have been verified and shorted to various degrees are only the tip.
That's just plain sad.

Is it possible for you to refresh everyone's, and especially my memory as to how much it is that you're owed? Were attempts made by Shifty to convert the debt into store credit?
Sure. He owes me $2700 and he has never made any attempts to convert to store credit. I wouldn't be interested in such an offer anyway, but it may turn out to be the only way to recover some of the money. He did send an elt 5.0 set as a "sorry I screwed up" gift but that is all. I never asked for it but he insisted. Obviously, I would have much preferred a simple refund.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I'm certain I read on another forum that there is one North American distributor for Onix and it's not av123(sorry but I can't remember who the distributor is).
In recent months, Onix has developed a dealer network with several small dealers (many that just handle Onix).

Sure. He owes me $2700 and he has never made any attempts to convert to store credit. I wouldn't be interested in such an offer anyway, but it may turn out to be the only way to recover some of the money. He did send an elt 5.0 set as a "sorry I screwed up" gift but that is all. I never asked for it but he insisted. Obviously, I would have much preferred a simple refund.
At one time, I suspect the official answer would have been that you couldn't get store credit because you bought used equipment from MLS directly - the company wasn't directly involved at all. At this point, though, they may be more flexible in that regard.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
At one time, I suspect the official answer would have been that you couldn't get store credit because you bought used equipment from MLS directly - the company wasn't directly involved at all. At this point, though, they may be more flexible in that regard.
I suppose that's possible, but his constant "set a date then reset a date" behavior makes me more inclined to believe that he is just stalling in hopes that I get frustrated and give up altogether.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe you should post this thorny matter on his website. After all, look at how well he's handling matters now!

trinard Mark said:
Mark, I've called several times and left messages, and sent email. Please provide an update on my issue.

Rob

Mark L. Schifter said:
Hi Rob...

Sorry I missed you... truly sorry...

I can give you a ring tomorrow...

My apologies...

mls
He responded in less than 1 hour to trinard's desire for an update! Now, given that he's building out LS-9's faster than ever before and seems to have returned to being his old, jovial, I've got your back, humbly self, does that sound like a man who wouldn't answer your situation promptly if you posted at 123? I mean, really now! You know he's been sick. You know he's trying. You know how good old Mark is with all these messages that pile up on his phone. He gets a little confused with all this technology and all it takes is one wrong finger press and messages get accidentally deleted. It's really not his fault. So, just make a post over at the Customer Service Issues and Needs section and I'll betcha Mark will take care of you right as rain. Just don't post in the wrong section because Field Marshal Steidle has zero tolerance for messages placed in the wrong area and he's got an itchy trigger deleting finger.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think it would be that easy. Doesn't the posts in the Customer Service Issues and Needs, need to be approved by the moderators first before it becomes posted. As silly as it sounds those customer service issues and needs such as a customer seeking answers to their refund have been censored before. Now that is a big dose of irony for a business ran customer service section. :eek:

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
I thought Chu was joking. "I'll betcha Mark will take care of you right as rain." I could definitely be wrong but that screams sarcasm to me. I even thought it was pretty funny. Not as good as those videos some guys posted but still funny.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think it would be that easy. Doesn't the posts in the Customer Service Issues and Needs, need to be approved by the moderators first before it becomes posted. As silly as it sounds those customer service issues and needs such as a customer seeking answers to their refund have been censored before. Now that is a big dose of irony for a business ran customer service section. :eek:
Gee, you don't have any faith in the new and improved svelte Mark Schifter :D I'd post it there but maybe word it so that it doesn't say anything like, "I'm still waiting for my $2,700 refund." How's about something like, "Mark, I've left several messages and emails regarding a long standing and unresolved issue. When would be a good time to call you so that we can finally resolve it to our mutual satisfaction?" That's pretty innocuous enough. Maybe he'll give a call?

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Hugh, where in CA are you?

Also, when did AV123 stop being an authorized Onix dealer?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Hugh, does that mean that if you bought an Onix product from AV123 that it would be covered under warranty?

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Curtis,

I'm SE of YOU in Rancho Cucamonga.

I'm not sure when av123 stopped being associated with Onix but I've been their NA Distributor since after CES08.
Hugh, where in CA are you?

Also, when did AV123 stop being an authorized Onix dealer?

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
This is NOT an easy question to answer. ;) :)

As far as I know, all Onix garage sales items are what left in av123 inventory and the customers should ask av123 if there's any warranty to go with those.

However, I am trying to help where and when I can.
Recently, I have obtained SP3 schematics from Melody for those who bought the SP3 from av123.
I am currently trying to obtain the same for the now-discontinued Onix A-60 & A120 Intagrated Amps.

Hugh, does that mean that if you bought an Onix product from AV123 that it would be covered under warranty?

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Cool! Might have to give you a call when the LA AV group has listening sessions.

So you were the Onix distributor at the time the Stereophile published the review of the Ref 1? Did AV123 refer business/questions to you from the review?

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Anytime Curtis.

I need all the help I can get to give my guys (dealers) a boost.

I did see that Stereophile article and I believe it took them quite a long time to finally publish the review.

I did have a few email exchanges with John Atkinson to correct some errors.
Cool! Might have to give you a call when the LA AV group has listening sessions.

So you were the Onix distributor at the time the Stereophile published the review of the Ref 1? Did AV123 refer business/questions to you from the review?

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Sorry for being a bit off topic, but John Atkinson is going to be in SoCal for a Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society event on Saturday, December 5. I don't usually go to those things, but listening to him might be interesting...especially in front of that crowd since he is measurements guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis