DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
Hello,

My name is Grant and I would like to do all that is within my power to discourage you from buying from AV123.

Let me preface this by saying that I do own quite a bit of AV123 gear. However, I would like to discourage you all from owning it yourselves and the following is why.

A sale was made by Mark Scifter on 09-08-08 for a pair of Reference 3's and a Reference 100. This sale was for a friend of Mark's (though the money went directly to Mark Schifter)

That sale can be viewed here:

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=36413&highlight=friend

(As an aside from anyone from AV123 who might remove this thread I already have a screen shot of it so please do not waste your time)

In that thread the items were guaranteed to be shipped WITHIN TWO WEEKS.

To this day nothing has been shipped.

To this day Mark Schifter is now impossible to get in touch with. Neither Ryan (the friend who purchased the speakers that I recommended to AV123), nor I after I was involved, have heard from Mark for months.

I spoke to Jess in sales as well as Kyle in customer support and they both asked for a week to deal with the problem (Kyle has actually asked for multiple weeks).

They both said they could also not get in touch with Mark Schifter and that they were hoping Suzanne Johnson, who is apparently running the company in Mark's absence, so she could deal with this issue.

After many days of trying and leaving voicemails, which surprise surprise were not returned, I finally got through to Suzanne today and she told me several things:

1: She would not refund Ryan's money only Mark could do that
2: She said she could refund the money but she had "stock holders" to think about and so she couldn't do anything
3: She said Mark no longer has his cell phone and was not returning emails or calls
4: She said she would email Mark (good luck) and he might get back to me and he might not

She was informed, as was Kyle Mark and Jess, that Ryan was effectively robbed and that I would give them plenty of time to rectify it and if they chose not to then I would do my best to spread the word on their business practices before others are also screwed.

I hope I do not offend any moderators or anyone else by making this post. I would hope everyone would realize that I am simply TELLING THE TRUTH about a company that completely robbed a friend of mine.

I feel it is my duty to tell others the experience that we have gone through to insure that they do not go down the same path.

Furthermore, I think it speaks volumes about an internet only company that no longer allows anyone to post on their forums due to the heat that they have come under in the past year because of not meeting goals, not delivering products, or delivering defective products.

It speaks tremendous volumes when a company who exists, flourishes, or withers due to word of mouth via the internet when they would rather be ridiculed publicly rather than refund a customer that was stiffed by their PRESIDENT AND CEO.

I'm not trying to start a fight or a flame war. I'm just giving fair warning to others here before they are also robbed.

Sincerely,

JGC

Last edited:
G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
Heh - hitting all the big audiophile sites are we ;)
People deserve to know.:)

As I said I'm not trying to cause a huge fight I'm simply trying to stop others from going through what we went through.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Your post does not surprise me. This is not the first time I have read someone has recommended this company to a friend and has backfired on them. It is is also not the first time I have read Mark has refused to refund money to people after failed promises and delivery of product. Very sad.

G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
Your post does not surprise. This is not the first time I have read someone has recommended this company to a friend and has backfired on them. It is is also not the first time I have read Mark has refused to refund money to people after failed promises and delivery of product. Very sad.
It is sad.

I am glad that Audioholics will actually allow this type of discussion on their boards though. I'm finding out others will not.

The simple fact is that people deserve to know what others go through when dealing with these types of companies.

I begged and pleaded with Mark, Jess, Kyle, and Suzanne to not make me go to these lengths to have some sort of resolution to this issue. I know others have issues before and AV123 refused to deal with them until those issues were made very public and as embarrassing as possible for their company.

I guess we will see what happens.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hello,

My name is Grant and I would like to do all that is within my power to discourage you from buying from AV123.

Let me preface this by saying that I do own quite a bit of AV123 gear. However, I would like to discourage you all from owning it yourselves and the following is why.

A sale was made by Mark Scifter on 09-08-08 for a pair of Reference 3's and a Reference 100. This sale was for a friend of Mark's (though the money went directly to Mark Schifter)

That sale can be viewed here:

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=36413&highlight=friend

(As an aside from anyone from AV123 who might remove this thread I already have a screen shot of it so please do not waste your time)

In that thread the items were guaranteed to be shipped WITHIN TWO WEEKS.

To this day nothing has been shipped.

To this day Mark Schifter is now impossible to get in touch with. Neither Ryan (the friend who purchased the speakers that I recommended to AV123), nor I after I was involved, have heard from Mark for months.

I spoke to Jess in sales as well as Kyle in customer support and they both asked for a week to deal with the problem (Kyle has actually asked for multiple weeks).

They both said they could also not get in touch with Mark Schifter and that they were hoping Suzanne Johnson, who is apparently running the company in Mark's absence, so she could deal with this issue.

After many days of trying and leaving voicemails, which surprise surprise were not returned, I finally got through to Suzanne today and she told me several things:

1: She would not refund Ryan's money only Mark could do that
2: She said she could refund the money but she had "stock holders" to think about and so she couldn't do anything
3: She said Mark no longer has his cell phone and was not returning emails or calls
4: She said she would email Mark (good luck) and he might get back to me and he might not

She was informed, as was Kyle Mark and Jess, that Ryan was effectively robbed and that I would give them plenty of time to rectify it and if they chose not to then I would do my best to spread the word on their business practices before others are also screwed.

I hope I do not offend any moderators or anyone else by making this post. I would hope everyone would realize that I am simply TELLING THE TRUTH about a company that completely robbed a friend of mine.

I feel it is my duty to tell others the experience that we have gone through to insure that they do not go down the same path.

Furthermore, I think it speaks volumes about an internet only company that no longer allows anyone to post on their forums due to the heat that they have come under in the past year because of not meeting goals, not delivering products, or delivering defective products.

It speaks tremendous volumes when a company who exists, flourishes, or withers due to word of mouth via the internet when they would rather be ridiculed publicly rather than refund a customer that was stiffed by their PRESIDENT AND CEO.

I'm not trying to start a fight or a flame war. I'm just giving fair warning to others here before they are also robbed.

Sincerely,

JGC
Was this purchase made via credit card, or paypal

If so I suggest you file a claim. Depending on the amount you could also consider legal action.

If it was paypal. I suggest you immediately contact them and make them aware of the situation. Be cordial ask for their help.

They got me my money back from a scammer. It took several months, but I finally got my money back. Seriously you should have escalated this much sooner. Waiting 6 months was poor judgment on your part. If it was made via credit card or paypal you should have made a claim a long time ago.

Still you should contact them. And get some help.

If someone promises 2 week shipping and you don't have a tracking number 14 days later then you need to contact them and demand your money back until you see a tracking number.

B

blued888

Audioholic
It is sad.

I am glad that Audioholics will actually allow this type of discussion on their boards though. I'm finding out others will not.

The simple fact is that people deserve to know what others go through when dealing with these types of companies.
I think it's already been tackled over at AVS multiple times. If you'd notice, they already mask out www.av123.com if you type it in your post.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Your friend needs to file a suit against Mark Scifter and AV123 for fraud and theft.

How did he pay for this order? Credit card? USPS Money Order? Other?

File a complaint with the BBB, file a suit and file a complaint to press charges with the FBI and/or the appropriate law enforcement bureau.

IIRC, committing fraud and theft through the internet is a Federal offense.

Call the FBI.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
There are many people dealing with this nonsense. More specifically referring to the LS6/LS9 products.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
If Mark and AV123 have done this to several people, file for a Class Action suit.

G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
Your friend needs to file a suit against Mark Scifter and AV123 for fraud and theft.

File a complaint with the BBB, file a suit and file a complaint to press charges with the FBI and/or the appropriate law enforcement bureau.

Call the FBI.
Yup I completely agree.

He is contact paypal now due to the fact that payment was made to Mark's paypal driven company that he sells B-Stock items through.

I also recommended he contact BBB.

I also would guess that he could file a claim in small claims court in this situation couldn't he?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Call the FBI.
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Have your friend fill out this form.

I want to help you resolve this. I'm not a lawyer, but if there are others. I suggest we get all of your contact information. And have you all submit complaints to the above site if the issue hasn't been resolved.

If you have any friends or if anyone else wants to give some quick legal advice that might be helpful as well. I think our first step is to gather all the victims of fraud.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
He paid Mark's paypal company using paypal.

The company is:

Business Name:
The Graham Company
Email:
mlsav123@mac.com
You friend should file a complaint through paypal.

Paypal will help you. They are very helpful with dealing with these issues.

You need to gather all communications you have received.

And you should also submit the complaint to the FBI.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
That sucks. I've been enjoying my MFW-15. Looks like if I want another one, it'll be 2nd hand. Oh well for me.

I hope that this stuff for all you that got misled gets worked out. Sooner rather than later.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yup I completely agree.

He is contact paypal now due to the fact that payment was made to Mark's paypal driven company that he sells B-Stock items through.

I also recommended he contact BBB.

I also would guess that he could file a claim in small claims court in this situation couldn't he?
I think contacting the BBB would be a waste because it was through a b-stock company. I also think going after av123 isn't wise. Use Paypal and the FBI to go after him.

I bet Paypal gets your money back.

Next time file a complaint as soon as you don't see a shipping email.

Don't give them a chance. Go after them. Make them realize you mean business. That way it can be escalated by Paypal if need be.

Matt34

Matt34

Perusing this through Paypal is almost a worthless endeavor in my past experience with them.

G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
That sucks. I've been enjoying my MFW-15. Looks like if I want another one, it'll be 2nd hand. Oh well for me.

I hope that this stuff for all you that got misled gets worked out. Sooner rather than later.
I have 2 in diamond black available.

I have LS6's, Mini's, X-Voce, 2 MFW's in Diamond Black, and some surrounds.

If I could unload them believe me I would in a heart beat. I have very little faith in AV123 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis