2014 NFL Season - It's Back Again - Pigskin Play.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Au contraire. The Shanahans made an intense effort to teach Griffin to read NFL defenses and develop a passing game. RG resisted it. Griffin responded with a poorly hidden whispering campaign (via twitter and elsewhere) that the Shanahans were responsible for his failings and for his injury too. This quickly became a public controversy in local newspapers and TV sports reporters last season. Griffin and his father maneuvered to become visibly close buddies of Dithering Dan during this controversy. Snyder refused to back up his head coach, to the extent that he allowed Griffin's father free access to the locker room after practices and games. And this was long before Snyder fired Shanahan. This is why I say Griffin is narcissistic and arrogant. And this is what's behind the "RGIII hate". He has come across as an undeserving spoiled brat. To his benefit, he isn't an accused or convicted felon.
I stand corrected. Obviously being there and seeing the 24/7 news cycle gives a you a truer sense of what’s going on. The national sports media has always shaded RGIII in an envelope of forgiveness, blaming the Shanhan’s & Dangerous Dan … love that nickname BTW … for his subpar play since the first injury. I still think he should have sat out another 6 games or so last year when he came back to start the season. It was painfully obvious that not only couldn’t he scramble but he couldn’t even plant his feet properly to throw an accurate pass or slide within the pocket. Now was that pressure self-induced due to his contractual obligations to Reebock(?)/Shanahan/team or as you stated, to his narcissistic arrogance? Whatever the reason, the team needs to make a rational decision of what to do with him when he comes back from this injury, especially if Cousins is the guy we saw last Sunday moving forward. Good luck with that. The day to day management eunuch status with Dithering Dan does not bode well for the team.
I try to never gamble unless it's a sure thing. The only sure thing I see is Philadelphia beating Washington.
From your mouth to God’s ear. The team has not played well in the first 2 games in the first half and then does a Lazarus like impression in the 2nd half. You have to wonder how long they can keep this up and then the other 2 bugaboos this team suffers from, lack of depth and the unanswered question, is Foles a competent starting NFL caliber quarterback. We’ll see.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I think the Redskins ruined him by starting him his rookie season.
You could very well be right about that, but who would the Deadskins have started, Rex Grossman?

I'd never start a QB his rookie year there is way too much practice time needed for him to adjust especially for a guy who didn't play under center.
Consider yourself lucky that you don't work for Dangerous Dan Snyder. He has "wasted" two Super Bowl winning coaches, Mike Shanahan and Joe Gibbs, as well as a boat load of other experienced and rookie coaches.

If I were Griffin's agent after he finished at Baylor, I would have told him he could go anywhere but Washington. Dangerous Dan is the kiss of death for players and coaches.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Anyone wanna say go Tampa Bay after Thursday's game? Anyone? Anyone? <crickets chirping="">(crickets chirping...)</crickets>

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Dan Marino
Ben Rothlisberger
Bob Griese
Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan
Sam Bradford
Peyton Manning

All Started their rookie year, I dont think this is what ails RG3 , He simply comes off as being overmatched by most defensive schemes.
Ryan Leaf. Ugh, it pains must just to say the name. :mad:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Yup...running the Baylor offence in the Big12 is not the NFL. With Kirk Cousins leaning over his shoulder who IMO is better suited for NFL. It won't be to long before RG3 sits because the NFL is a all about "wins" and Jay Gruden know who runs the team and how he chews up & spits out coaches.
Wow...I look like a genius...lol. 12/13 124 yrds and 2 TD....1st qtr. He is way better suited for the NFL built offences...if he starts winning games....can you say Wally Pipp...albeit RG3 is not benched it could be were he fines himself when healthy again...;)

Well they lost but he threw for 427 yrs...that certainly bodes well for him.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Darien, if you look at Philip Rivers play over the last (19 games) since McCoy took over he has been the BEST player/QB in the NFL. Rivers was a surgeon out there today in a loud and hostile environment. They just let up off the gas and killed the clock in the 2nd half.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Wow...I look like a genius...lol. 12/13 124 yrds and 2 TD....1st qtr. He is way better suited for the NFL built offences...if he starts winning games....can you say Wally Pipp...albeit RG3 is not benched it could be were he fines himself when healthy again...;)

Well they lost but he threw for 427 yrs...that certainly bodes well for him.
Yes, you and Gruden – geniuses! Even though they lost, they looked better in that game than any Redskin team in recent memory. Kirk Cousins passed beautifully, for 427 yards :eek:, and made only one mistake! If they had made that field goal, it might have been a different game.

They might very well beat Philadelphia later this season. Still worried about the defensive safeties and corners.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm just worried ... the injuries are starting to pile up :eek:

Cousins is for real ... typical nfc east fistfight ... both teams got in their licks from what I saw ... my dvr cut off the game with 5 minutes left :mad:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm just worried ... the injuries are starting to pile up :eek:

Cousins is for real ... typical nfc east fistfight ... both teams got in their licks from what I saw ... my dvr cut off the game with 5 minutes left :mad:
This morning, I have two opposing thoughts about that game. 1) A team that was 3-13 last year took last year's division champ to the mat. 2) The most senior conerback, De Angelo Hall, has what is probably a popped achilles's tendon. He may be out for the season, and considering his age, that may have been his last NFL game ever.

Washington's pass secondary and special teams remain a weakness. From now on, I'm no longer calling Robert Griffin RG3. But Kirk Cousins is now KC1 :D.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
My theory is the NFL has a bunch of beaten women and children with voodoo dolls and needles causing the injuries.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Darien, if you look at Philip Rivers play over the last (19 games) since McCoy took over he has been the BEST player/QB in the NFL. Rivers was a surgeon out there today in a loud and hostile environment. They just let up off the gas and killed the clock in the 2nd half.
Rivers has been playing well for sure.

Woodhead getting hurt is a big deal. I was just about to get that guy's jersey. I think he's out for the season. We're like a walking mash unit and it's only 3 games into the season. Ingram is turning into the Mathews of the defense, (a great player when he's healthy but it's the healthy part that's the problem).

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
This morning, I have two opposing thoughts about that game. 1) A team that was 3-13 last year took last year's division champ to the mat. 2) The most senior conerback, De Angelo Hall, has what is probably a popped achilles's tendon. He may be out for the season, and considering his age, that may have been his last NFL game ever.

Washington's pass secondary and special teams remain a weakness. From now on, I'm no longer calling Robert Griffin RG3. But Kirk Cousins is now KC1 :D.
Why was he grinning when he got hurt? :confused: he looked like a guy who just had won the lottery ... hey I get it, he's vested, he gets paid the rest of the year ... the guy has made a lot of money in this league for doing so little and yes I can see him calling it a day.

KC1 ... has a nice ring to it ... now u just have to make sure little Danny doesn't break his toy. :)

12/20/2014 - must see tv

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Rivers has been playing well for sure.

Woodhead getting hurt is a big deal. I was just about to get that guy's jersey. I think he's out for the season. We're like a walking mash unit and it's only 3 games into the season. Ingram is turning into the Mathews of the defense, (a great player when he's healthy but it's the healthy part that's the problem).
I will say it again before the casual media hype happens. Phillip Rivers is currently the best QB in the NFL and has been for a little over a year now ( yes I know what Peyton Manning did last year).

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I was sitting ten rows up from the Deadskins side line when that illegal blindsided hit was leveled on Foles and I must say , everyone watching will never know what really happened on that side of the field when the fighting started, the Eagles threw a few players down on the ground "HARD" and no one said a word , no flags , no nothing , heck I saw Riley Cooper choke slam a guy and climb on top and nothing was said about it , even McCoy had a guy by the neck in the middle of the scrum. These guys were pissed off and showing just how much so.
I think The Eagles will just get better as we go forward now , if it means out scoring the opponent then so be it.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Week Four is Here already I think there will only be one unbeaten team after the final buzzer sounds , the last whistle is blown. Could it be the Eagles , can we silence the critics , I sure as heck hope so.

LETS GO EAGLES GO BIRDS :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

GO EAGLES !
Beat San Francisco !

:D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers