2014 NFL Season - It's Back Again - Pigskin Play.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Hmmm... Seems really quiet in here this evening... Wonder why... ;)

Go Hawks!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
having ur a$$ handed to u on a platter will do that. :oops:

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Just got home from the Eagles game, the Battle of the birds has been won by a hawk. Eagles battled but Wilson out played every one on the field. Time to prep for the Girls.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hmmm... Seems really quiet in here this evening... Wonder why... ;)
having ur a$$ handed to u on a platter will do that. :oops:
A weekly experience for disappointed Deadskins fans (former fans?). We are fervently wishing for Alien Abduction at FedEx Field – just from the Owner's Box.

The general admission seats are already largely empty.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm convinced that Jay is trying to get fired, once he realized what a perfect shltstorm he walked into. How else can u can explain his, "it's me or him Danny Boy" stance. He's a lot smarter than I thought ... 5 year guaranteed contract. He wins either way no matter how this play's out.

u have my condolensces.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm convinced that Jay is trying to get fired, once he realized what a perfect shltstorm he walked into. How else can u can explain his, "it's me or him Danny Boy" stance. He's a lot smarter than I thought ... 5 year guaranteed contract. He wins either way no matter how this play's out.
Eventually the entire NFL will be coached by ex-Dangerous Dan employees.

The other week when Washington lost to Minnesota, a game ball was presented to offensive coordinator Norv Turner. He was the Washington head coach from the late 1990s and was fired by Dangerous Dan around 2000 or 2001 – during the season :eek:.

This past Sunday, there were SIX St. Louis co-captains at the coin toss. They were the 6 players drafted with all those draft choices that Dangerous Dan squandered to get Griffin :eek: :eek:. The St. Louis offensive coordinator is Brian Schottenheimer, son of Marty Schottenheimer who was fired after 1 year as head coach after Norv Turner left. The St. Louis Defensive Coordinator is Greg Williams who was DC for Joe Gibbs as he spent 3 years as head coach trying to straighten out this team. Williams had been hand-picked by Gibbs to be his successor, only to passed over by Dangerous Dan to hire Jim Zorn :eek: :eek: :eek:. DD fired him too after 2 years.

Do you think they might be resentful :rolleyes:? I imagine (if I would only get my wish) that Dangerous Dan might try to fire the aliens who abduct him. Ah, if only… [Rant/Over]

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
After I've badmouthed the Deadskins for most of the season, they go and beat the Iggles 27-24 :confused:!?!

Philadelphia came to town with a 9-5 record, having lost their last 2 games. Washington was 3-11 and had lost their last 6 games. It certainly looked like all 4 wheels had fallen off their wagon. I think all 6 pregame prognosticators picked Philadelphia to win.

Mark Sanchez completed 37 of 50 passes for 374 yards, Griffen was 16 for 23 for 223 yards. I think Washington converted only three 3rd down plays to 1st downs on their own without help from penalties. Washington's pass defense was repeatedly unable to stop Philadelphia's passing game. Based on those figures, you'd think that Philadelphia dominated. But none of that mattered.

Philadelphia was penalized 13 times for 102 yards, including a number of roughing the passer penalties that kept faltering Washington drives alive. Philadelphia's place kicker missed two apparently easy field goals in the 3rd quarter, allowing Washington's inept defense to "stop" two Philadelphia drives without giving up any score. Mark Sanchez threw a key interception with 1½ minutes remaining in the game, ending what could have been a game winning drive, and allowed Washington to set up their game winning field goal.

Almost forgot DeSean Jackson. The wide receiver, let go by Philadelphia last year, torched them for two 50+ yards pass catches. Both set up touchdowns.

If Washington can beat Dallas next week, I may have to start calling them by their real name again :eek:.

Despite all this, I still would rejoice if Dan Snyder was abducted by aliens.

Last edited:
Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Well that Sunday Night Football game was quite fun to watch as the Hawks simply destroyed the Cardinals. A pair of 80 yard touchdown runs/passes? Check. Cardinals with zero touchdowns. Check. Beastmode in full force. Check.

Now the Hawks just need to trounce the Rams at CenturyLink and show them who's boss after the embarrassing loss earlier this season. The way the Rams are playing I can see this happening and the Hawks getting home field and a bye week.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
After I've badmouthed the Deadskins for most of the season, they go and beat the Iggles 27-24 :confused:!?!

Philadelphia came to town with a 9-5 record, having lost their last 2 games. Washington was 3-11 and had lost their last 6 games. It certainly looked like all 4 wheels had fallen off their wagon. I think all 6 pregame prognosticators picked Philadelphia to win.

Mark Sanchez completed 37 of 50 passes for 374 yards, Griffen was 16 for 23 for 223 yards. I think Washington converted only three 3rd down plays to 1st downs on their own without help from penalties. Washington's pass defense was repeatedly unable to stop Philadelphia's passing game. Based on those figures, you'd think that Philadelphia dominated. But none of that mattered.

Philadelphia was penalized 13 times for 102 yards, including a number of roughing the passer penalties that kept faltering Washington drives alive. Philadelphia's place kicker missed two apparently easy field goals in the 3rd quarter, allowing Washington's inept defense to "stop" two Philadelphia drives without giving up any score. Mark Sanchez threw a key interception with 1½ minutes remaining in the game, ending what could have been a game winning drive, and allowed Washington to set up their game winning field goal.

Almost forgot DeSean Jackson. The wide receiver, let go by Philadelphia last year, torched them for two 50+ yards pass catches. Both set up touchdowns.

If Washington can beat Dallas next week, I may have to start calling them by their real name again :eek:.

Despite all this, I still would rejoice if Dan Snyder was abducted by aliens.
... all those penalties and yet Mr. Baker walked away unscathed. The final humiliation. :(

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
damn them cowboys, good thing is romo is just about done as a qb !!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
damn them cowboys, good thing is romo is just about done as a qb !!
With that OLine he's just getting started. I always said if they would run the ball more and protect him better he'd do great things. He should be the MVP IMO, but the media hates him so he won't get it. If you are gonna blame him for the failures you gotta give him credit for the successes. Foles getting hurt pretty much wrecked the Eagles chances. I hear they will be going hard after Marcus in the draft. That would be really interesting to see.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Well the road to the Super Bowl for the NFC is through Seattle. Good luck. :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Still not that impressed with the Hawks....yeah...they'll be tuff...but the Cowboys might be up to that challenge this year. As for the FF....unless you have a top tier #1 QB you're screwed...every week I started the wrong QB...BOTH Russell Wilson & Mathew Stafford stunk each time I started them.

My predication has NE vs. Dallas in the SB...that Cowboys O-line is the difference IMO and why they can win on the road.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Still not that impressed with the Hawks....yeah...they'll be tuff...but the Cowboys might be up to that challenge this year. As for the FF....unless you have a top tier #1 QB you're screwed...every week I started the wrong QB...BOTH Russell Wilson & Mathew Stafford stunk each time I started them.

My predication has NE vs. Dallas in the SB...that Cowboys O-line is the difference IMO and why they can win on the road.
Well that is what everyone said about Denver in the Super Bowl. They said that their offense was going to destroy the Hawks. Yeah... That didn't work out so well.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
IIRC...Dallas beat them @ home already this year...you're right in saying the road for the NFC going to the SB comes through Seattle and that won't be an easy feat for any visitors.

I liked Seattle last years SB....I'm not a Cowboys fan per se but they're real good at the moment & seem to play better on the road.

It's all on Romo...but something bout this years team is different. Lol...sorry Dallas fans...I've probably jinxed them now...:oops:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Gotta be Detroit first. Detroit is the most talented team in the league IMO. They always seem to underachieve though.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
As a Cowboys fan- Go Carolina. Beat 'em all. I don't think we'll have a problem with the Lions as long as stomper's suspension holds up.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Yahoo, Pats beat the Ravens in a shootout. I think I am ten years older now. On to the AFC Championship game....Yahoooooo. :D

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
The Hawks thoroughly trounced the Panthers last night as expected. Will be watching today's games to see who gets the misfortune of coming to Seattle for the NFC title game.

Bring on the Packers (or Cowboys).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis