Your thoughts on Transformers 2?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Wow! All this over a silly movie? Some people liked it, and some people didn't. So what?

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
This movie rocked. Until somebody provides unbiased scientific proof that it didn't rock...my opinion will stay the same. :D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Wow! All this over a silly movie? Some people liked it, and some people didn't. So what?
That's exactly it, that's the point, people have the chance to like or dislike it, with their various opinions about the pros and cons. That's what.

About you, you like it or hate it (that silly movie ;))?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
That's exactly it, that's the point, people have the chance to like or dislike it, with their various opinions about the pros and cons. That's what.

About you, you like it or hate it (that silly movie ;))?
I liked it, but it was still just a "silly movie." ;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
If I see this guy on the street, I'm gonna punch him in the eye and ask for my $5 back. :mad:
Do you mean that you bought your ticket expecting more than an action flick aimed at kids? You must have seen different commercials for it than I did.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you mean that you bought your ticket expecting more than an action flick aimed at kids? You must have seen different commercials for it than I did.
I expected Transformers to be brainless stupid fun with babes, boobs, and bass.

I only got 2 out of the 3!:eek:

The bass was missing, AGAIN.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

Agreed. It could have had a little more earth shaking bass instead of just being generaly loud as h.ll.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I expected it to be stupid, but at least somewhat enjoyable, as the first one was. BBzzzzzzzzzt... WRONG!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan

There was almost NO bass at the theater that I saw it in. I almost asked the manager for my money back. I thought it was the theater, but maybe that wasn't the case. If the movie had at least had good sound, I might not have hated it as much.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Why you guys bash a great film is beyond me. I loved it. Great action nice story and lots of humor. See if you watched the first one and didn't like, but watch the second one then something is wrong with you. It's like buying another pair of speakers that you didn't like. We have a word for folks like that.

Seems like we have a lot of old foagies here that just can't understand their children. Not surprising. I suppose someday I'll be like you. But as a member of the terminator generation. This movie delivers. :)

It's not as good as Star Trek or Gran Torino, but come on those movies aren't common.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Why you guys bash a great film is beyond me. I loved it. Great action nice story and lots of humor. See if you watched the first one and didn't like, but watch the second one then something is wrong with you. It's like buying another pair of speakers that you didn't like. We have a word for folks like that.

Seems like we have a lot of old foagies here that just can't understand their children. Not surprising. I suppose someday I'll be like you. But as a member of the terminator generation. This movie delivers. :)

It's not as good as Star Trek or Gran Torino, but come on those movies aren't common.
Dude, I am straight up Transformers generation. I remember the wanna-be Go-Bots ok? I remember coming home from school every day and watching Thundercats, Transformers, Robotech, etc.

And as a fan of the original TV series, I think these movies suck. Well, the first one was ok, but this one is garbage. I was looking forward to movies that paid homage to the TV show I remember so fondly. Instead, Michael Bay has completely bastardized them and turned the Transformers into a moronic farce that barely has any ties to the source material.

Maybe the film doesn't completely suck, but calling it great is sheer lunacy.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Dude, I am straight up Transformers generation. I remember the wanna-be Go-Bots ok? I remember coming home from school every day and watching Thundercats, Transformers, Robotech, etc.

And as a fan of the original TV series, I think these movies suck. Well, the first one was ok, but this one is garbage. I was looking forward to movies that paid homage to the TV show I remember so fondly. Instead, Michael Bay has completely bastardized them and turned the Transformers into a moronic farce that barely has any ties to the source material.

Maybe the film doesn't completely suck, but calling it great is sheer lunacy.
Watching Optimus kick some serious arse makes it a great movie! Throw in his dramatic downfall (no matter how much the story had to stretch in order to get him out there by himself) and then his resurrection and that just cements it in place as a great movie.

The parents in this movie were hilarious. I loved every scene they were in! Then throw in some big bot battles and I am happy. I don't care how much glue they had to use in order to get those scenes to stick. I just didn't give a darn about the story. This movie had plenty of what I wanted to see and it was exactly what I expected.

I'm not sure what is going on with the reports about minimal bass. I'm pretty sure our IMAX had lots of bass.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
I have not seen this yet, but I disagree about it having no bass...at least where I went, b/c I was watching Public Enemy next door and the sound track from Transformers was overpowering at times. My seat was shaking from the bass:eek:

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I have not seen this yet, but I disagree about it having no bass...at least where I went, b/c I was watching Public Enemy next door and the sound track from Transformers was overpowering at times. My seat was shaking from the bass:eek:
Hmmm... Interesting; bass from next door!
Perhaps everybody else should watch it from next door. :rolleyes:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe our theater just s*cks *ss. When does the BR come out?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis