Your favorite Brew?

Whats your favorite brew?

• Total voters
Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Never liked beer. Prefer hard cider (like Green Mountain). A taste I acquired visiting the UK.

Bourbon (Maker's Mark).

A good red Zinfandel, especially with tomato-y southern Italian food.

Salut!

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
I also enjoy a good Zinfandel. If you are looking for a good one a good bet is most 2001s from California. It was a very good year for Zinfandels. As far as reds go these days I have been digging many Spanish vintages. I love many Grenaches and my favorite right now are Riojas. Palasico & Hermanos Riojas is a very good one

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Belgian Ale

Hoeggarden, Maudite, Chimay... those are the "popular" ones here in Chicago, but there's a microbrewery in every bar in Belgium.
I also like some of the "beer cocktails" such as Black & Tan= Guinnes+Bass, Hooligan=Guinnes+Hoeggarden...

For a completely different state of mind, they make this in Mexico and it's incredibly refreshing:
1. frosted tall glass (with salt, not sugar)
2. 2 or 3 ice cubes
3. lime juice (2 or 3 medium size key limes)
4. some extra salt
5. your favorite Mexican lager, I go with Pacifico
It's called Michelada (Mee-cheh-LAH-Dah), oh, how I miss the sun on this Winter day in Chicago... good thing I'm leaving for Mexico this weekend :D

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
My favourites are:

Moosehead
Tecate (Mexican beer, all I drank in TJ besides liquor, my favourite pale beer)
Coors Light (for those lightweight evenings)
Dos XX (another mexican beer, this will get you drunk quick but tastes good)

(lots of local Ontario Brewers put out some real kick a$$ brews as well but I won't go into those)

annunaki

annunaki

Here are my favorites from certain categories based upon frequency of use:

Tie-Rum (with Diet Cola):

Captain Morgan
Bacardi Gold

Tie-Vodka (on the rocks only!!):

Shaker's
-Wheat
-Rye
Belvedere

After dinner drinks:

Tia Maria (rocks) & cup of coffee
DiSaronno Amaretto (rocks)

Beer:

New Glarus Brewing
-Fat Squirrel, Nut Brown Ale
-Spotted Cow, Ale

Pabst Blue Ribbon

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Guinness on tap. We have two really good Irish pubs that have great tasting Guiness draght.

I'm a wine drinker, but if I'm going for beer, I want a good beer too...:D

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Old Milwaukee NA...

...in cans...

In the olden days it was Rolling Rock, Beck's and Beck's Dark, Wild Turkey, Jack Daniel's (both straight up), Southern Comfort 100/rocks, Smirnoff and Noilly Prat w/ a twist (shaken not stirred), Cuervo Margaritas, Kahlua, Cointreau...

jimHJJ(...get the pic...)

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
I prefer the darker ales ... but the wife won't kiss after after a few...

Guinness (fork anyone?)
Bass
Sleeman Honey Brown
etc.

Micro-Breweries also offer lots good choice from my experiences ;)

Kokanee ? We used to have it all around the local bars but it seems to have been a phase or something... not so popular anymore in my neck of the woods.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
My favorite beers are local brews.

Grizzly Peak's Steelhead Red (Like Killians, but better)
Jolly Pumpkin Roja (Another red, but amazingly good)

http://www.jollypumpkin.com/

Last edited:
malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
New Castle, Bass, Anchor Porter prolly a good list of favorites for me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
HookedOnSound said:
I prefer the darker ales ... but the wife won't kiss after after a few...

Guinness (fork anyone?)
Bass
Sleeman Honey Brown
etc.

Micro-Breweries also offer lots good choice from my experiences ;)

Micro brew can be great...or not...gotta try them though :D My favorite is "Happy Brew" from Sacramento - Good stuff!! There's a brewery near hear that offers 7.2... I don't remember what it's called (and you can guess why), but it gets its point across :)

I also like a number of Red Hook's offerings, particularly the Hef. For any day drinking at home, Stella Artois or Pilsner Urquell.

I'll take a Black & Tan - Bass & Guineess - best of both worlds, and no fork needed :D

Last edited:
T

thoward4444

Audioholic Intern
The Premiums

annunaki said:
Pabst Blue Ribbon
PBR, Milwaukee's Best (The Beast), and Natural Light are mortal enemies. In this battle of the "Premiums" I have to vote for Natural Light. A case was $10 in college and Natty fueled my broke crew on the weekends!

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
thoward4444 said:
PBR, Milwaukee's Best (The Beast), and Natural Light are mortal enemies. In this battle of the "Premiums" I have to vote for Natural Light. A case was $10 in college and Natty fueled my broke crew on the weekends!
Natty Light and Natty Ice basically guarantee a hangover. Higher quality beer can be consumed in the same volumes without such a risk. My cheap beer of choice is MGD longnecks, ice cold.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
sts9fan said:
I also enjoy a good Zinfandel. If you are looking for a good one a good bet is most 2001s from California. It was a very good year for Zinfandels.
Lodi, the Zin capital of the world is just down the road from Sacramento. I enjoy a good wine as much as the next person but there are plenty of wine snobs here in Nor Cal including all my in-law related relatives. I'm a So Cal boy living in a Nor Cal world. Whenever the wine snobbery gets too thick I quickly ask for a bud light just to tick them off. ;)

annunaki

annunaki

Wines, I forgot about wines. I like wine with a nice meal (i.e. somewhat fancy, a few courses). My favorites are:

Whites:

A good Pinot Grigo (not too sweet)

The occasional Riesling (St. Christopher Auslesse (sp?))

Reds:

Pinot Noir

Shiraz

By the way, Pabst Blue Ribbon is actually a decent tasting beer. Many knock it because it is cheap and/or associate it with Old Style because of the Can layout. Old Style does taste bad.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Whites: very few :D Certain really good Chardonnays, Viognier (vee-on-yay), and the occasional dessert wines (mmm...Icewine).

Reds: I love a good Pinot (Concannon, Madonna Estate), but Cabs (Madonna Estate, Artesa, Joseph Phelps, Cooper-Garrod, etc...) and good hearty Zins are my favorites (Ravenswood vineyard designates, Peju, etc...). Mostly smaller, local type places that most people never heard of.

The weather's been nice and the hills are green; it's just about time to take a nice drive up to Napa.....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Whine? WHINE!

There shall be NO speak of whine in my Beer thread! :rolleyes:

I'm surprised no one was wondered how an under-aged "drinker" came up with a thread talking about your favorite pint... :)

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I'm sure we ALL wondered that......:D What's the drinking age up there?

Yeah, we should probably have started a wine thread...but there would probably only be 4 people in that one...:)

majorloser

majorloser

Frankly you didn't list any real beers up there.

My favorite brews are Belgian Trappists. These are the true Rolls Royce's of ales.

I prefer Chimay (Grande Reserve, Première and Cing Cent in that order) or Rochefort.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis