Yamaha Owners’ Thread (AVR, Pre-pro, Amp)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So different AVR model numbers and different devices (iOS vs Android) will probably have slightly different layout/setting.

But here is my question. If we need extra bass, why not just simply increase the Subwoofer Trim Level on the phone/iPad Remote app (AV Controller)?

No need to go into any menus or submenus for this.

I like this because the GF has the remote a lot but I always have my iphone remote. :)

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This Yamaha Thread is Awesome Guys! Outstanding! Advice and guidance some great tips!! ADTG, thanks for starting this Thread! You ole Timers rule!! “PENG” started a Denon Thread! AH Rules!! :)

Mike

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I don’t use Apps for streaming my media content! I don’t want dem App guys spying on me! :mad: Just in case Dey try to send me semibillable messages! :mad::p

Mike

Last edited:
Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
MusicCast because the other doesn’t allow you to choose what channel you listen to where MusicCast does.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
MusicCast because the other doesn’t allow you to choose what channel you listen to where MusicCast does.
Roger, top of the morning to ya! Hope that really nice Flagship is getting worked out? :)As soon as my funds get replenish that Beautiful Yamaha A3080 will be in my audio rack! Have good one Sir! :).

Mike

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Roger, top of the morning to ya! Hope that really nice Flagship is getting worked out? :)As soon as my funds get replenish that Beautiful Yamaha A3080 will be in my audio rack! Have good one Sir! :).

Mike

Hope you have better luck than me. I’m looking at going to Denon but haven’t made the change.... yet.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
My problems were with all channels and all streaming apps.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Sorry to hear that Roger, I’ve been reading good reviews on that Yamaha line most if not all are giving 4 to 5 stars. I know you had really good service with your A1050.

Mike

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you have any songs stored on your iPad or phone?

Did you ever try steaming from your iPad or phone directly to the Yamaha using MusicCast?

You mentioned Pandora. What are all the streaming apps you used?

I’ve only used MusicCast to stream from my iPad and Phone directly to my Yamaha . And it’s been flawless 100% of the time.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I do not plan to upgrade any of my Yamaha AVRs until the hooded guy with the sickle takes them away from me. Even my 3 Yamaha cassette decks which are twice as old as my oldest AVR work really well.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Anyone interested in the upcoming Yamaha C-5000 Preamp and M-5000 Power Amp (MSRP $US 1000 each) shown for the first time at the last Toronto Audio Show (AudioFest, September 2018)? A lot of amp for the money, going by the parts and construction we see in the interior shot.
Yamaha M-5000 Interior.jpg

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone interested in the upcoming Yamaha C-5000 Preamp and M-5000 Power Amp (MSRP $US 1000 each) shown for the first time at the last Toronto Audio Show (AudioFest, September 2018)? A lot of amp for the money, going by the parts and construction we see in the interior shot.View attachment 26315
They sure look sexy. :D

TechHDS

Audioholic General
74F824DC-9236-4BAE-8E45-ABBAC7931604.jpeg
This RCA jack is my center channel. It was broken, causing my amps to go into protect mode. So I ordered a new part 10 bucks 8 for shipping to replace the broken RCA jack. I finally repaired it, been like that for about 3 or more years. Now it was shipped to like that New when I Purchased the amp. But it wasn’t broken just bent down little, with all the moving around I did over the last few years removing Interconnects it finally broke. So center channel all good again! :D. Did the repair myself! :cool:

Mike

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis