New help with what to replace 10 yr old receiver with... Yamaha, Denon or Marantz? Receiver or Pre/Pro?

T

TechToys2

Audioholic
Which Marantz? Do you like it so far? Did you replace a previous receiver?
Its an SR6014 (last year's model). And yes, I was replacing a very old (20 year old) Rotel receiver. I generally do like the Marantz, but I have been having some trouble getting the sound adjusted to my liking. I'm not sure if it is fair to put that on the receiver, though. Are you thinking of getting one?

coxric

coxric

Audiophyte
Its an SR6014 (last year's model). And yes, I was replacing a very old (20 year old) Rotel receiver. I generally do like the Marantz, but I have been having some trouble getting the sound adjusted to my liking. I'm not sure if it is fair to put that on the receiver, though. Are you thinking of getting one?
Yes I restarted this thread asking about Marantz vs Yamaha. At first I was trying to decide between the 6015 and a Yamaha 2080 but then I saw 7013s are available for about the same as a 6014 and the 2080s are getting harder to find. I don't know that I would take advantage of the in-depth parametric EQ options of the Yamaha, and I've been a Yamaha guy my whole life, so I'm thinking of going with the 7013 to try something different. Plus the extra power would be nice for my 4 ohm speakers.

I'd be curious about your issues with adjusting the sound, though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis