Audioholic Samurai
So HDMI holding everyone hostage.
Found this on HDMI.org.
Screenshot_20220225-191907~2.png

Last edited:
Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
Yeah what has previously been stated by Yamaha in Genes video isthey are awaiting release of the hdmi 2.1 testing certification. Not much new but the hdmi faq says

The HDMI 2.1a Compliance Test Specification (CTS) will be published soon after the 2.1a Specification release.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Yeah what has previously been stated by Yamaha in Genes video isthey are awaiting release of the hdmi 2.1 testing certification. Not much new but the hdmi faq says

The HDMI 2.1a Compliance Test Specification (CTS) will be published soon after the 2.1a Specification release.
That's going to delay things even further. Will new AVRs also be 2.1a compliant?

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I have the A8A. Anyone have problems when you turn it on that the volume is not responsive. No volume at all and when you press volume up or down it doesn't do anything. I then have to turn the receiver off and back on again.

Anyone experienced this. This is the only bug I have with it. It happens fairly often, completely random. Maybe once every 10 times I turn the system on. I am running LG C1 TV if that has anything to do with anything

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I have the A8A. Angije have problems when you turn it on that the volume is not responsive. No volume at all and when you press volume up or down it doesn't do anything. I then have to turn the receiver off and back on again.

Anyone experienced this. This is the only bug I have with it. It happens fairly often, completely random. Maybe once every 10 times I turn the system on. I am running LG C1 TV if that has anything to do with anything
Does it do the same when using the volume knob on the front display?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, the physical knob and remote. A simple turn it off and then back on again fixes it but it's annoying
Now that is a issue for sure with your A8A. I'd say maybe do a hard reset? But copy all your settings first before doing so. Other than that, Don't know if calling into or emailing Yamaha CS would do much. They more than likely would have you send in your A8A.

C

chapp

Audioholic
Strange
I have the A8A. Anyone have problems when you turn it on that the volume is not responsive. No volume at all and when you press volume up or down it doesn't do anything. I then have to turn the receiver off and back on again.

When you use the remote or knob, do you see if the Volume display moves as you adjust the volume? Make sure it is on a sound format at the correct audio input.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Yeah it's all set properly. Yamaha called me to tell me when the hdmi 2.1 firmware update comes out end of March. Then this will be fixed. It's an hdmi sync thing. So I just have to wait

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah it's all set properly. Yamaha called me to tell me when the hdmi 2.1 firmware update comes out end of March. Then this will be fixed. It's an hdmi sync thing. So I just have to wait
I was just thinking if it was a HDMI issue.

S

Sunrun

Audiophyte
At the end of Gene's A6A bench test results article, he said there would be a full review coming up. Any idea when this is coming out? Thanks.

D

Dezed

Enthusiast
Does anyone know what “reference level” is on these Yamahas? Is it 0db? I know on the Denons, 0db is reference and will output it’s white noise test tone at 75db after running audyssey but the Yamaha seems to be a bit higher than that at 0db.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Does anyone know what “reference level” is on these Yamahas? Is it 0db? I know on the Denons, 0db is reference and will output it’s white noise test tone at 75db after running audyssey but the Yamaha seems to be a bit higher than that at 0db.
I agree. I tested my A8A at 0db and it was coming out around 82db. I just got a new spl meter with slow and c weighted. Very cool tool. But 0 DB has the test tones much about 75db

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
For those of you with ceiling Atmos speakers. Do you have the tweeter and woofer aimed towards the main listening position or the woofer pointing down and the tweeter aimed?

I have just my tweekwr aimed, but not sure if I should aim both?!

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
For those of you with ceiling Atmos speakers. Do you have the tweeter and woofer aimed towards the main listening position or the woofer pointing down and the tweeter aimed?

I have just my tweekwr aimed, but not sure if I should aim both?!
Mine have angled baffles and I have them rotated towards my LP. If you can, I would aim both. I’ve never found aimable tweeters to help much and in fact I think moving the tweeter so it’s at an angle next to the baffle or woofer etc can cause more problems than it solves.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Mine have angled baffles and I have them rotated towards my LP. If you can, I would aim both. I’ve never found aimable tweeters to help much and in fact I think moving the tweeter so it’s at an angle next to the baffle or woofer etc can cause more problems than it solves.
Awesome. So I will angle everything (woofer and tweeter) towards the LP.

I thought it was weird how my A8A recognized my ceiling as not ceiling. This might make the calibration better. And thus sound better too!!! ☺

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis