Yamaha 2020 Receiver line up (HDMI 2.1 - Full 8K support)

E

EBN

Audioholic Intern
Just buy Yamaha.
Got one already, not first Yamaha either and likely not last as they seem to last long. I´m not one to jump on new features. Keeping gear 5-10years. Just for curiosity would be nice if Gene could put the new model through some torture test and see have they cutted corners like with A860 or made silly mistakes like with the processor. They really can´t afford to make fkk ups anymore as we have ASR putting more pressure. Arcam engineers have some explanation to do already.

AcuDef: Need to check the video again some day..

Gmoney

Gmoney

Audioholic General
Got one already, not first Yamaha either and likely not last as they seem to last long. I´m not one to jump on new features. Keeping gear 5-10years. Just for curiosity would be nice if Gene could put the new model through some torture test and see have they cutted corners like with A860 or made silly mistakes like with the processor. They really can´t afford to make fkk ups anymore as we have ASR putting more pressure. Arcam engineers have some explanation to do already.

Genes findings indeed where Confirmed by Yamaha.
I just happened to be lucky being on AH at the time Gene was on AH. Gene posted up his test and his Correspondence back-and-forth with Yamaha. As you would guess at the time that he was posting up on his Thread he was getting inundated with a ton of Questions from the members here on AH. I agree Yamaha shouldn’t take past mistakes with the issues of their last Advantage series line of AVR,s or their flagship Pre-pro and Expect to maintain a loyal customer base. Would be sad to say the least after what Onkyo went through from 2011 and up with their THX- NR-AVR units. That recall cost tons of money wasted on both sides. Millions of $ lost and Loyal customer base was Fractured.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is there a different YouTube video?

Here is the YouTube video on the CX-A5200 measurements.

At 9:38 time is where Gene said the RX-3080 does NOT have the same “issues” as the CX-A5200. Gene said that the RX-A3080 is “IMMUNE” to this.

And again, for anyone wondering about this problem, it is the Front Left XLR and Front Right XLR THD of 0.015% at 4 Volts.

E

EBN

Audioholic Intern
Is there a different YouTube video?

Here is the YouTube video on the CX-A5200 measurements.

At 9:38 time is where Gene said the RX-3080 does NOT have the same “issues” as the CX-A5200. Gene said that the RX-A3080 is “IMMUNE” to this.

And again, for anyone wondering about this problem, it is the Front Left XLR and Front Right XLR THD of 0.015% at 4 Volts.

He has wroted in the list you see when you start the video 8:15.. He may also speak about it too, don´t remember.

Gmoney

Gmoney

Audioholic General
I prefer a brown paper bag....recently relieved from carrying a 40oz of Bourbon..... ;)
you had to go mention Bourbon, Now all day I‘ll be thinking of “Bourbon“ Street in New Orleans. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis