Yamaha 2020 Receiver line up (HDMI 2.1 - Full 8K support)

E

EBN

Enthusiast
Yamaha has new look in 2020 receivers! Lot of questions in mind after seeing these. Hope we get some more information soon!

Aventage serie
RX-A8 (11 channel)
RX-A6 (9 channel)
RX-A4 (7 channel)
RX-A2 (7 channel)

Normal serie
RX-V6 (7 channel)
RX-V4 (5 channel)

Source: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-276-8366.html

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Will these Yamaha be the first AVRs to have HDMI 2.1?

Not surprising, but still always kind of funny how these Yamaha AVRs will have HDMI 2.1, but all the $4K-$20K Pre-pros won't have it yet until a year or more later.

Last edited:
D

Darenwh

Audioholic
Generally I do not find anything special on how an AVR looks but these ones are down right ugly...

little wing

little wing

Senior Audioholic
Generally I do not find anything special on how an AVR looks but these ones are down right ugly...
Agreed..looks like somebody beat these receivers with the ugly stick. No compelling reason here for me to upgrade unless the sound is vastly improved.. I think I'll stick with my 3060 for the time being. I can't see needing anything more than HDR and 4k pass through right now anyways.

D

Darenwh

Audioholic
I like the new look, blue display better than white or ugly green.
It's not the color of the display, I like that, it's a big blank space on the left, a giant dial in the middle, and a display and small dial on the right. At least make it a little symmetrical. Small dial on one side of large dial, display on the other or dials towards the side with display in the middle. Also, why make the display so small, only makes it even harder to read when you want to. There is plenty of space on the front of that AVR to make it larger for those with aging vision.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis